+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth on whats ahead for 2020

Garth on whats ahead for 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPPLMFktKsc

Stadium shows and dive bar shows.

He will announce the next run of Stadium shows in ten days time.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    hmm- sounds like it's more of the same type of non news that ISG had this week.. still have to watch though
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    hmm- sounds like it's more of the same type of non news that ISG had this week.. still have to watch though
    Yes indeed, sort of strange near the end, Garth was asked, what TV shows would he recommend, and he wouldn't answer the
    question, he just said Trisha does a lot of binge watching.

Why do I get the feeling FUN has been put on the back burner more than we think?

I have said it before. Years ago Garth said if he were a new artist he would put out singles until he had enough for an album and then release the album. We already have 5 tracks out for fun and he has not put out a new single in awhile. I can see him dropping a new single and then basically fun will be almost done at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    Why do I get the feeling FUN has been put on the back burner more than we think?
    I was also thinking that, wouldn't surprise me if it isn't released in 2020.

"Do you watch any Trashy reality tv?"

"No, I live it- they wouldn't want cameras at our house..."

Ok, now there's def. a poss. story behind that quote!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I think the focus next year will be the legacy 2. I miss the old Garth
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I think the focus next year will be the legacy 2. I miss the old Garth
    I have to wonder if there will be AS much focus put on legacy 2, based on a few observations..

1) on the video, garth mentions the dive bars and the stadiums.. IF he's being honest about all of it, and wants to continue the dive bar type of appearances, that would cut into his time to micro manage things..

2) on ISG he bristled just a bit when asked about putting other albums on vinyl- (the new albums at least).. he mentioned something about the question asker being '3-4 years ahead'.... IF that's accurate at all.. another piece of evidence...

3) If stats/info is accurate, the production time was about 8 months (assuming same levels/quality of production). that would seem to indicate pre production/planning/remastering/all the 'other stuff' that should be taken into account under the pre production umbrella.. it's already November.. you'd have to think that planning would be underway already...

Of course this all hinges on impressions and truthfulness of Garth's actions/words on the matter..... but on the surface... I think there will be a diff. focus next year

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    I have to wonder if there will be AS much focus put on legacy 2, based on a few observations..

1) on the video, garth mentions the dive bars and the stadiums.. IF he's being honest about all of it, and wants to continue the dive bar type of appearances, that would cut into his time to micro manage things..

2) on ISG he bristled just a bit when asked about putting other albums on vinyl- (the new albums at least).. he mentioned something about the question asker being '3-4 years ahead'.... IF that's accurate at all.. another piece of evidence...

3) If stats/info is accurate, the production time was about 8 months (assuming same levels/quality of production). that would seem to indicate pre production/planning/remastering/all the 'other stuff' that should be taken into account under the pre production umbrella.. it's already November.. you'd have to think that planning would be underway already...

Of course this all hinges on impressions and truthfulness of Garth's actions/words on the matter..... but on the surface... I think there will be a diff. focus next year
    I tend to agree. We are definitely getting a Legacy 2, he said so himself, but I'm not sure it is coming in 2020. There are so many things that he has talked about in the past that hopefully come to fruition. We've still got:
    - Triple Live (stand alone editions)
    - Fun (good grief we've had it on preorder since June 2018)
    - Parts 2, 4 and 5 of the Anthology
    - Diamond Series (if this is something different than Legacy)
    I'm hoping maybe, just maybe, we get some of this in 2020.

I just want the remaining volumes in the Anthology series plus FUN, I really don't want Legacy 2 to get in the way of the other 3 books and for the love of god no more LIVE albums until the rest comes out.

hehe- I hear ya on the live albums- not that I dont' love Garth singing live but honestly, it's the same recordings cycled around again and again.. TIGB, TIGB2, C2C, Ireland&back,CP,Yankee stadium/Rhyman show.....

Id love to read an honest and objective biography of him.. kinda like Walter Isaacson did with Steve Jobs...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread