+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Legacy sells 5,721 copies in its first week

Legacy sells 5,721 copies in its first week

According to the Hits daily double chart. Opens at no16.

Not sure how many pre orders there were, 42K? and if
    the actual Billboard charts will count those for first week, I guess not.

Its now time for the RIAA to do their thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    According to the Hits daily double chart. Opens at no16.

Not sure how many pre orders there were, 42K? and if
    the actual Billboard charts will count those for first week, I guess not.

Its now time for the RIAA to do their thing.
    Garth said that they printed 500,000 and those sold 15% of those on pre order. So just in pre order it sold 75,000 with the first week sales it sold just over 80,000.

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    Garth said that they printed 500,000 and those sold 15% of those on pre order. So just in pre order it sold 75,000 with the first week sales it sold just over 80,000.
    That's a ton of Vinyl!

Plus I could be wrong, nut places like Cracker Barrel and Dollar General aren't usual music sellers and aren't probably hooked up to the Soundscan counter. So Garth could have sold a bunch more. But I wonder why he didn't release pre sale numbers like they do concert bundles? I am also curious how it will place on Billboard charts.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    Plus I could be wrong, nut places like Cracker Barrel and Dollar General aren't usual music sellers and aren't probably hooked up to the Soundscan counter. So Garth could have sold a bunch more. But I wonder why he didn't release pre sale numbers like they do concert bundles? I am also curious how it will place on Billboard charts.
    I don't think presales count towards albums sales.

Yea it seems presales wont count for soundscan, but of course will be counted for RIAA.

Pre sales count depending on if the record company follows certain guidelines. Here a quote on Zac Browns bundle for ticket sales a couple weeks ago.>>Zac Brown Band's The Owl returns to the Top 5 (thanks to a recent round of fan redemptions as part of a ticket bundle) while Brantley Gilbert's Fire And Brimstone sits at #4. Last w<< We will see what they do. I think almost 6,000 is a good number because of price and how it wasn't available at Target and Wal Mart. So RIAA numbers should look good and he is adding to Sound scan even if it is only around 6,000 reported.

+ Reply to Thread