+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lambert to Open at No1 No Mention of Garth

Lambert to Open at No1 No Mention of Garth

"So Im guessing they dont count, the pre orders, I wonder how many it actually sold (not counting pre orders)"

FROM HDD

Miranda Lambert's Wildcard looks to be the week's biggest debut. Here's what the earliest of early reads suggests for her opening week.

Miranda Lambert (Vanner/RCA Nashville) 58-68k total activity, 47-53k albums

Charlie’s Angels (Republic) 13-17k total activity, 4-6k album

Hootie & The Blowfish (Capitol Nashville) 12-16k, 11-14k album

In other news, it's November; shall we dispense with the formalities and start guzzling the eggnog?

I don't know anyone who likes Miranda. Even those I know who've known her personally say shes a snob. Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    I don't know anyone who likes Miranda. Even those I know who've known her personally say shes a snob. Ugh
    I thinks she’s amazing!! I love her wit and tongue-in-cheek sense of humor. And she has a good country sound to boot. Her new album is pretty dang good, too.

I met her and was backstage at one of her concerts. She is not a good person at all

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    I thinks she’s amazing!! I love her wit and tongue-in-cheek sense of humor. And she has a good country sound to boot. Her new album is pretty dang good, too.
    Yeah, I don't care about her everyday attitude, she's got a great sound and the talent to back it up. Also VERY easy on the eyes, ya blew it Blake

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    I met her and was backstage at one of her concerts. She is not a good person at all
    If I only listened to artists who were always "good people", I'd have a very small music library. (i.e. I simply cannot imagine not liking or listening to Hank Williams or Johnny Cash, and by all reports, they were not always the best humans). In other words, they ain't all Garth, and I'm sure even he has had his moments every now and then.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    .... and I'm sure even he has had his moments every now and then.
    Oh, I'm plenty sure that there's smoke behind some of the 'fires' of Garth's past.... be it infidelity, strong handed tactics etc...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Don’t get me wrong I still listen to Miranda, although I am definitely not into her as much as before this. The only person I refuse to listen to is Eric church. After he cries like a baby about Garth winning I was done with him. I am sure Garth has had some moments and if I heard some of them it might make me think less of him, doubt it but you never know.

I gotta be honest with you. Most artists really don't want to meet fans. They do it because people pay a lot of money for those passes but they really don't want to. There are exceptions I have never heard Garth doing this ever and as much as I don't really care for them KISS I've heard is great.

Just because HDD didn't mention Garth doesn't mean he won't be listed. They never listed Legacy as coming out Nov.1 even though its been advertised for months. Who knows why they don't have any news. They are weak on country anyways. Maybe Garth/Pearl doesn't advertise enough. Let's see what happens Friday afternoon with them and maybe Sunday with Billboard. Lets drop the Miranda Lambert talk and talk about the Gman and Legacy.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    I gotta be honest with you. Most artists really don't want to meet fans. They do it because people pay a lot of money for those passes but they really don't want to.
    having seen the meet and greet that my daughter went to with Pentatonix, having met a few other people, I can say you're MOSTLY right, but there are exceptions def... Some love meeting people, some tolerate it, some despise it..

... and as much as I don't really care for them KISS I've heard is great.
    . I've met Paul Stanley and he was a genuinely interested person (spent time talking with my mom and myself).. have "met" the band too at a record store (remember those? ) event years ago.. not QUITE as interested in people then were they.. Steven Curtis Chapman is an exception to the 'don't want to meet people' vein
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I like Miranda and Eric both. But Eric should have kept his mouth shut about Garth lip syncing at the awards. Garth is a legend and it's really none of our business why he chose to lip sync at the awards two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven75407 View Post
    I like Miranda and Eric both. But Eric should have kept his mouth shut about Garth lip syncing at the awards. Garth is a legend and it's really none of our business why he chose to lip sync at the awards two years ago.
    Church has some good music. He was just butt hurt and too immature to keep his mouth shut. His tour concept was interesting this year. Doing two nights in each city and each night being different than the other. Imagine how cool it would be if Garth did that. Maybe a second night being an all acoustic set or something. That would be a cool live album!

HDD updated top 50 for next week. Garth still isn't charting but Miranda Lambert is #5. I think this is just for overall rankings. The album only chart is different so Miranda is predicted to sell around 50,000 records. No word on Garth.

Tuesday, November 5, 2019YOUR TOP 20 COMES WITH A BUD LIGHT
    It looks like Post Malone will return to #1 on our chart for a fifth non-consecutive week. The last albums to log five weeks at #1 were Drake’s Scorpion and The Weeknd’s Starboy. All three albums are from Republic.

Post Malone (Republic) 70-80k total activity, 5-7k albums
    Kanye West (G.O.O.D/Def Jam) 60-70k, 17-22k
    Youngboy Never Broke Again (Atlantic) 55-60k, <1k
    Summer Walker (LVRN/Interscope) 52-57k, <1k
    Miranda Lambert (Vanner/RCA Nashville) 51-56k, 44-48k
    DaBaby (Interscope) 35-40k, <1k
    Taylor Swift (Republic) 30-35k, 7-9k
    Billie Eilish (Darkroom/Interscope) 28-32k, 5-7k
    Young Thug (Atlantic) 25-28k, <1k
    Lil TJay (Columbia) 21-24k, <1k
    Chris Brown (RCA) 21-24k, <1k
    Lil Tecca (Galactic/Republic) 21-24k, <1k