+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kinda Curious About Sales

Kinda Curious About Sales

Kinda curious, how many people are buying Legacy from retail and have you notice if it is selling well. I am hoping it sells a lot at retail so that it gets ranked on the charts. I don't know how they will count the pre orders so retail will be interesting.

Is garth even going to give out the numbers???

HDD is talking about how Kayne has top this weeks charts, and talk of next week's new releases, but no mention of Legacy.

His past boxed sets charted so I am curious if the retail will sell enough to be ranked. I know concert bundles get counted during debut week so it would be awesome if Legacy got counted with pre and retail sales. He is competing with Miranda Lambert for country and maybe top 200. Hootie and Mariah have albums out also. It would be cool if he comes in under the radar with Legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Is garth even going to give out the numbers???

HDD is talking about how Kayne has top this weeks charts, and talk of next week's new releases, but no mention of Legacy.
    This is not a regular New Album release, so the Sales # is going to be much lower. It is also more expensive, even more expensive than his prior box sets, so it will have a more limited number of people who will be willing to purchase it at the retail price.

I noticed on Amazon charts, top 200 and country, that Garth has 3 versions charting. I can see in the future, Amazon doing their own RIAA type system and giving artists who sell a gertain amount of albums on there site awards. And Garth will get a few. Who knows....LOL.

I highly doubt that. Garth wants numbers that actually count.

Was at my Wal-Mart this afternoon (November 2nd) to take care of some personal things and thought I would check and see if they had a display of the records. But my hunch was correct and they didn't have it. But I know my Target is going to have it and probably Books-A-Million and Barnes & Noble. Will probably get mine this coming Friday.

Walmart and target arenít carrying it in stores . There are a list on Garthís website where you can find it at retail !!
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Dollar General has the remix version for $45. Get a receipt and it will have the $5 off $25 purchase for next Saturday!

I just picked up a Limited Edition at Best Buy. Only 2 left of LE and 2 Remastered left in the display. I don't know if they will replenish it. That is good for this small town I live in. I haven't checked the Cracker Barrel or COSTCO. My cousin works at COSTCO but is off today. Anyone buy a copy at any of the retail places and noticed how it is doing?

Was looking at number on Legacy. 098389, can't figure out that date...LOL. When I pick up my friends copy for Christmas, I will have to check out number. My copy of Triple Live has Comeback on the cover. As others have said, I don't like the way the CDs were packaged but happy with my Legacy. I sure hope it does well.

Cracker Barrel had 3 for $49 (analog) and two of the three Dollar Generals only had 2 copies, for $45 (Remastered).

$45 is a good deal and I've read nothing but great things about the quality of the vinyl on the Steve Hoffman forums (that's an audiophile site for people that don't know) so good on Garth for putting out a quality product. That being said I look forward to the sets hitting $20-30 and that's when I'll pounce. Doesn't matter if it's the analog or remix version, I'll be good either way.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by CER956 View Post
    $45 is a good deal and I've read nothing but great things about the quality of the vinyl on the Steve Hoffman forums (that's an audiophile site for people that don't know) so good on Garth for putting out a quality product. That being said I look forward to the sets hitting $20-30 and that's when I'll pounce. Doesn't matter if it's the analog or remix version, I'll be good either way.
    If I'm gonna get a set that I will actually ty and find a player to play it on, it'll be analog set most likely (to see what Garth's hype is all about) and only then yeah if it's 20$ or so.. my numbered collection copy- that's staying sealed
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread