+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dive Bar Video

Dive Bar Video

I've got to say, I'm disappointed. He made it sound like it was this big production. They are just standing in front of the band "under water". Blake looks like he's just waiting for it to be over. I think it would have been better if it was just the live version released from Boise. Still a Garth fan forever. But, I think he missed on this one.

I really like it !! Itís a clever video !!! I didnít see it coming that they were in a bottle haha ... good work GB and BS!!
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

In the USA, the best country in the world
    OK- first impressions without reading anyone else's thoughts yet..

It's kinda stupid.. the effects (if you can call them that) are not really all that amazing.. I get the IDEA behind it and it's a good idea there but not overall a good effort for the bit of hype/talk he put into it..

I DO like the end part after the song where it zooms out to the bar from 'inside the bottle' as it were.. the video would have been better served with an opening that zoomed IN to show the dive bar then the bar itself, then the bottle, THEN inside the bottle, and about the time it goes 'inside the bottle' Garth starts singing.... That's my thought at least. This really did seem, while a great song, to be a phoned in half a@@ed performance at first viewing- will watch again to see if that stays the analysis...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I like the sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I like the sharks.
    To me they're kinda corny- even though it does fit the tone of the video...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

No seriously where is the real video? That was horrible and again Garth WTF?

Itís really not that hard, you do a video of you and Blake in a dive bar with hot women mixed in with white trash people in a trash bar and you walk around singing. Itís so simple this is garbage. What does being in a bottle have to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    What does being in a bottle have to do with it?
    I take it as that's the deep end of the dive bar..

I like THAT part of the concept but they botched the intro where they could have flown the camera shot INTO the dive bar then INTO the bottle then sung... that would have been better...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

It’s really not that hard, you do a video of you and Blake in a dive bar with hot women mixed in with white trash people in a trash bar and you walk around singing. It’s so simple this is garbage. What does being in a bottle have to do with it?
    I get what you’re saying. This could have been done and a whole lot of artists would have done just that. But where’s the fun in doing something so predictable? I don’t think Garth is the kind of artist to just do what’s expected and go along with everyone else. He’s never been that person and I love him for it.

This video is dumb but in a fun way. At the end of the day, whether it took place in a regular bar with people dancing or inside of a bottle, it’s still really just Garth and Blake singing with things happening behind them. At least this way, it’s something different to look at. You don’t see it every day and I think it’s better this way.

Well I love it and think it’s a blast. The technology to have the band playing in the background underwater with G and B in front of a green screen is really incredible. Not that they did it, but how seamless they made it look.

I think having the guys just singing and showing their personalities was great. Also, the ending was a fun touch.

Going to have to watch it again, and let it sink it.

Loved the sharks also!!

its a fun video, not suppose to be serious. Garth seem to act the same with Blake, than he did with Huey lewis in working for a living.

Im putting it out there, I think they CGI Garth's face, (if you saw it chapter 2, they did it with the kids to make them look younger) Garth looked young.

I liked the intro, again dive bar is a light hearted song, so it needs a light hearted video. I wasnt over impressed with effects, thought that couldve been done better.

It was good, not ground breaking effects. Also liked the end, that they were in a bottle.

All in all, not a bad effort.

It’s really not that hard, you do a video of you and Blake in a dive bar with hot women mixed in with white trash people in a trash bar and you walk around singing. It’s so simple this is garbage. What does being in a bottle have to do with it?
    I was thinking it would be more like Toby Keith's I Love This Bar Video. That would have been a good one.

Itís lazy and boring, what the hell did we wait for?

Iím in a bad mood, my Legacy wonít be delivered until Monday despite being in the first order window.

1.4 million views on facebook when I last checked. Thats pretty damn good for Garth!

Garth's allowing people to share the video on facebook, Im guessing it wont turn up on youtube, I have two copywrite strikes so Im not going to try.
    1.8 Million views on facebook now.

I told y'all that this duet was a bad idea from the get-go, but nobody would listen.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    I told y'all that this duet was a bad idea from the get-go, but nobody would listen.
    I think the song itself is great! And I think Blake’s voice meshes very well with Garth’s. But this video is just meh for me. No biggie though. It’s just a video. Since Garth won’t let his stuff be on YouTube, no one but us will see it anyway!! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    I think the song itself is great! And I think Blake’s voice meshes very well with Garth’s. But this video is just meh for me. No biggie though. It’s just a video. Since Garth won’t let his stuff be on YouTube, no one but us will see it anyway!! Haha
    You might give Blake a pass, but I'll never forgive him for calling "bro-country" haters like me an old fart and a jackass. **** him to the 9th level of hell.

You might give Blake a pass, but I'll never forgive him for calling "bro-country" haters like me an old fart and a jackass. **** him to the 9th level of hell.
    Eh, life’s too short for grudges IMO, but to each their own

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    I think the song itself is great! And I think Blakeís voice meshes very well with Garthís. But this video is just meh for me. No biggie though. Itís just a video. Since Garth wonít let his stuff be on YouTube, no one but us will see it anyway!! Haha
    The video has 4 million views in 14 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    The video has 4 million views in 14 hours.
    Thats really impressive for Garth on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Garth's allowing people to share the video on facebook, Im guessing it wont turn up on youtube, I have two copywrite strikes so Im not going to try.
    1.8 Million views on facebook now.
    My first question would be how many of these views are fresh/unique and not re-watching? wouldn't that potentially skew #'s...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

It's times like this you have to quote (cough cough) Elsa from Frozen Outcast...... Let it Go...

it's only gonna drive you into anger/hate and that's not needed is it? You don't have to LIKE Blake (heck I certainly only like a few of his songs myself...) but the hate? it on'y does ya harm.. he doesn't even hear or care...

Now the Duet Idea ? I disagree- it was a fine IDEA...

The execution of the video? there were bits in there that could have been adapted/changed/edited / had the potential to be amazing.. the video fell way short though.... IMO- as Emerald said, it was Meh

Some of the sheeple comments on Facebook though, border on hilarious in their clueless and blind praise.. No wonder their type of comments are what seemingly always get through on ISG. it boosts the ego while hiding the mistakes/areas for improvement that would help all

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Thats really impressive for Garth on Facebook.

4 million UNIQUE views, or total? how many fans have re watched the video multiple times but aren't unique in new viewings?

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Make that 8.3 million views, pretty sure it's total and not unique, people haver watched it over and over again. Still thats a pretty high number for facebook.

He would have a lot more if he would put it on this website called Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    He would have a lot more if he would put it on this website called Youtube.
    You could add a zero at the end of the number for sure.

Not my favorite video, but it sure is getting traction since released on Facebook. I even have people on my FB feed who I didn't know were Garth fans saying they like it out of the blue. Maybe this is a win for Garth after all. Hoping so!

CORNY is the word that comes to mind, not a favorite of mine. Digging the song more and more though FWIW

Quote Originally Posted by CER956 View Post
    CORNY is the word that comes to mind, not a favorite of mine. Digging the song more and more though FWIW
    I gotta say I agree! CORNY is a great descriptor- I have more to say / analyze in it- (but am busy w/ a long term job at moment, that takes all my concentration).. Will def. share my thoughts on it prob. mid next week (not that anyone cares but what the heck)..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread