+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Triple Live covers - trading?

Triple Live covers - trading?

As we all know there are 6 different covers for Triple Live in the Legacy box set. I know there are some here, including myself, who enjoy the whole prospect of collecting the different covers. I was fortunate enough to land a copy of all 10 (11 of you count the reissue) covers for Double Live back in the day.

I would love to figure out a way to trade (or maybe even purchase at a fair price) covers I don't get. I'm sure others would too. If anybody has any ideas about the best way to go about this I'm all ears.

I would be totally up for just trading, but since I'm only buying 3 boxes (one of each) the 3 covers would obviously be three I'd need to keep. Anyways, just kind of throwing it out there of what would be a way we could do this among our little community. Would be great if we could figure it all out where everyone could find the covers they want.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    good question. I don't know how much people would be into trading vinyl for covers.. However, I know (or at least I make an educated guess at) that I doubt many people who have #'s they selected will be willing to trade their indiv. numbered copies for others.. I know I'm not going to anyway (not only because it's #'d but because I'd have to open it... and that's not likely to happen)
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Do we know yet if the Albums inside are numbered or just the boxes? I'm definitely open to trading if the Albums aren't individually numbered. I don't want to break my sets just for a different cover. I have 2 sets being delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by nyyankfanken View Post
    Do we know yet if the Albums inside are numbered or just the boxes? I'm definitely open to trading if the Albums aren't individually numbered. I don't want to break my sets just for a different cover. I have 2 sets being delivered.
    Honestly I have no idea if the individual albums are numbered. If they are that will really put a kink in anyone wanting to trade. I know I wouldn't want to trade in that case.

I MAY be able to help answer this later today when I get my set... (it's out for delivery) but if I have to open/unseal the entire thing to find out- I won't be doing it..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I know it is hard to get all the covers of Double Live. It took me forever to get Off Stage to complete my collection. I bought a couple extra boxed sets and no dice. Finally found that cover on line. Hoping I don't have to buy extra Legacy to get my set.

It doesn’t look like individual albums are numbered. Literally just got my set and did not see a number on any of the albums. I did not look at all the CDs but I did notice that Triple Live has “All Day Long” so one bonus track. Having to rush out the door for work so I did not see if any of the others had bonus tracks beside the original limited series song.

Looks like the CDs match the vinyl covers so I don't know how trading would work
    When we're free to love anyone we choose, when this world's big enough for all different views When we all can worship from our own kind of pew, then we shall be free

Is there not a single liner note or booklet for the albums in the entire set??????

For anyone who has received there's already, is there indeed only one extra song on Triple Live? And if so, what song is it?

and as for the covers, it would be helpful if we knew what all the covers look like? We can post pics here, now, right? Maybe if we start posting pics of the covers we got, it'd help the trading discussion.

Also, is there anything on the cds we don’t have already? No new bonus tracks on the cds, Triple Live the same mix as Anthology III and Dive Bar, which we already have from Amazon. Am I missing something? I might not even open them.

Went to Amazon, to see where legacy is ranked, it hasnt really moved up, so Im guessign everyone who wanted it did it with the pre orders. Be interesting to see how many they sell in the
    end.

With vinyl, it’s expensive and difficult to produce in part because there are only so many pressing plants. So artists will generally do larger print runs so that they can keep product on the shelves for years. So even if we’re still seeing a lot of these sets on shelves a year from now, that may be by design and not at all a sign that it didn’t sell well. If that is indeed Garth’s thinking, then those waiting to pick this up in a bargain bin a few months from now may be sorely disappointed.

There is one bonus track on Triple Live - “All Day Long”.

It is going for about $50 at my local target and gotta be about the same at DG, I am not dropping $50 on this.
    I would be rushing out to buy it if
    - insert with records like the inside of the CD
    - original Garth Brooks album
    - each cd came in itís own case
    - BONUS material!!!!!! I need extra songs, bonus album from the vault

I will wait for this to tank at the store and pick it up for $20 in a few months after the holiday season is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    So artists will generally do larger print runs so that they can keep product on the shelves for years. So even if we’re still seeing a lot of these sets on shelves a year from now, that may be by design and not at all a sign that it didn’t sell well. If that is indeed Garth’s thinking, then those waiting to pick this up in a bargain bin a few months from now may be sorely disappointed.
    What stores want to keep product that has limited sales, on their shelves for the next year? Stores are constantly moving in new stock, and closing out old. With album sales, most people buy either initially, or perhaps when they hear the music Live, and decide to buy it then. This set contains no new material, so I do not think months from now, there will be a rush of people looking to go out and buy it. So why would a store want to take up space for a product that isn't selling?

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    I will wait for this to tank at the store and pick it up for $20 in a few months after the holiday season is over.
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    What stores want to keep product that has limited sales, on their shelves for the next year? Stores are constantly moving in new stock, and closing out old. With album sales, most people buy either initially, or perhaps when they hear the music Live, and decide to buy it then. This set contains no new material, so I do not think months from now, there will be a rush of people looking to go out and buy it. So why would a store want to take up space for a product that isn't selling?
    That's the nature of vinyl. There aren't always rushes to buy releases when they first come out. People spread their purchases out, so while someone might fully intend to buy this set, they may not do it until March or April next year, and that's considered normal. It's an expensive niche format. Oh sure, stores like Best Buy and Target will keep them for a few months and then try to offload them, but unlike The Ultimate Collection, where Target was the exclusive seller, and no one else wanted the CDs, stores like Best Buy and Target will be able to easily sell off their unsold vinyl inventory to local record shops and other known vinyl retailers like Bullmoose, Newbury Comics, FYE, and Barnes and Noble.

I don't know, I could be wrong, but I don't think this set is meant to sell out immediately.

Triple Live on vinyl sounds and looks AMAZING!
    I'm blown away by it.
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Just throwing it out there. If anybody has an extra 6-time Entertainer of the Year, 7 Diamond or Yankee Stadium covers let me know. I can’t trade vinyl but I have some stuff most Garth fans would be interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    It is going for about $50 at my local target and gotta be about the same at DG, I am not dropping $50 on this.
    I would be rushing out to buy it if
    - insert with records like the inside of the CD
    - original Garth Brooks album
    - each cd came in it’s own case
    - BONUS material!!!!!! I need extra songs, bonus album from the vault

My set is currently sealed and will stay sealed.. I MAY pick up another copy to take somewhere I can listen to it (not purchasing all types of equip. to hear a vinyl record) when a price comes down. until then? eh..

what's the one song added on triple live (if there was one).. HOW much different is it.. is there ANY sounding difference in the cd's (since I'd have to open each set to listen to them) or is it not worth even opening to listen to them if it's gonna be the same

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I still am wondering if there's a difference in the sound of the remastered and the Limited set?!?

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    I still am wondering if there's a difference in the sound of the remastered and the Limited set?!?
    Is there supposed to be a difference? Honest question.

So much for new bonus material, sheesh. All Day Long is all we get???
    Last edited by LostSessions; 11-02-2019 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Typo
    ~"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide."~
    ~"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."~
    -Garth Brooks

I don't know. I'm thinking two of the three are remastered and the one is analog. It wouldn't make sense to have the limited edition released with standard sound quality....

My only main complaint with the packaging is the number being on the bottom of the box....

Agreed. Thought it was going to be more personal than just on the box, but I'll take it.
    ~"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide."~
    ~"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."~
    -Garth Brooks

So according to the Facebook group page they are coming in sets. One set features - Comeback, Whiteout, Ryman. The other set features Yankee Stadium, 7 Diamond, 6-time Entertainer. If someone ends up with an extra set of the 2nd and would like to work out something let me know.

I bought an extra box, Limited Edition, and the Triple Live Cover was Comeback. Will be expensive to get all 6 covers. I have Talkshop box but am not opening it. Maybe I will get to Best Buy again for a remastered copy if they have any left. Our Best Buy had only 2 LE, and 2 Remastered left. I hope they refill the display.

I will be shocked if Triple Live isnít released on cd outside the box !

I mean there are songs that are missing !!! You know GB is gonna have to release it stand alone eventually !
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Is All Day Long Live in Triple Live? If so, I guess I’ll have to open one of mine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    I will be shocked if Triple Live isn’t released on cd outside the box !

I mean there are songs that are missing !!! You know GB is gonna have to release it stand alone eventually !
    I agree. Triple Live already been released 4 times now. (Ticketmaster download, Amazon free download, Anthology III, and now Legacy). I simply cannot imagine any circumstance where it does not get released at some point on its own as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    I agree. Triple Live already been released 4 times now. (Ticketmaster download, Amazon free download, Anthology III, and now Legacy). I simply cannot imagine any circumstance where it does not get released at some point on its own as well.
    Right, could someone please tell me the differences between them?

+ Reply to Thread