+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth's Next Step????

Garth's Next Step????

After Garth's stadium tour, I wonder if he will do a tour like the Eagles and other bands, and do No Fences or Ropin the Wind. The Eagles are doing a Hotel California and oyher hits tour. I think a Ropin The Wind and other hits would be cool. It would help his catalog sales of the album and add to the almighty numbers. Or if he wanted to add to No Fences sales and numbers.

I personally would LOVE the idea of Garth playing an album(s) in their entirety. I've seen a few bands do that and it makes for a really cool, interesting experience especially if you know the album well. However, I think the chances of this happening are less that zero percent. Think about it, with the exception of some acoustic snippets in housecleaning Garth won't even roll out some of his #1 and Top 10 hits live. I can't imagine a full album with all the album cuts. I think first we'd have to see some of these songs on a regular basis - What She's Doing Now (a 4 week #1 hit), Somewhere Other Than The Night, Learning to Live Again, AHBA, One Night A Day, She's Every Woman, The Change, It's Midnight Cinderella, That Ol' Wind, Longneck Bottle, She's Gonna Make It, It's Your Song, Wrapped Up In You, Good Ride Cowboy, etc. Until he gets adventurous enough to play some of those really big hits live I don't think a full album will ever happen.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Come on guys... He will most certainly play an album (or most of it).. in a concert... He'll do the 'double live' (or triple, or quadruple ,quintuple... whenever it happens) tour... same old songs... few snippets of others.. just sayin...

yes a bit sarcastic this AM. Once again though- Garth will NOT go along w/ doing things just because thats the way others have done it.. he's proven that too many times over.. SHOULD he? ehh- that's debatable at times.. and certain at others
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I love that ideal of doing album tours.

Agreed, love the idea but it’s not gonna happen most likely. Garth thinks too broadly in scope for that

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Actually, I could totally see Garth playing an album in its entirety during a concert. BUT, I think the only albums he'd ever do would be No Fences and maybe Ropin the Wind.

No Fences would be easy since 4 of the 10 songs are already in the standard setlist. And, it's only 10 songs, so the rest of the set would be his regular standards. The exact same analysis applies to Ropin the Wind. So I could totally see him doing this!

I'll tell you one trend I've been seeing these past few years, but I don't know if it's just in the heavy metal genre, two bands co-headlining a tour together. Like for example, Breaking Benjamin came to my city and had Five Finger Death Punch as the co-headliner. I think in Garth's case, Trisha would be a partial co-headliner, but I think we can agree that we don't see him co-headlining a future tour with say Travis Tritt, Brooks & Dunn, Kenny Chesney, or Tim McGraw. Maybe it might happen with somebody I don't know.

In terms of making a full album as part of his set-list...if he ever did it, I'd love to hear In Pieces. Some of you might consider No Fences or Ropin the Wind as your favorite albums but In Pieces is the golden album for me.

Sevens and no fences would work well if he was going to do an album tour.

I Think that after the stadium tour finishes 2021, that Garth will simply retire again. There will be the very very odd appearance at a event, but I think its retirement again.
    Hes done the arena thing, hes done the stadium thing, hes the done the dive bar thing, hes done the one man show thing. I think he is satisfied that he's done all he can
    do.

I certainly dont think there will be any more new albums after 2021.

Hes already repackaged his old music, even Garth cant keep doing that.

Hes shown no ambition to tour outside USA/Canada.

So I think he will retire, having known hes been the most successful artist in USA History, albums sales/tours.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Sevens and no fences would work well if he was going to do an album tour.
    with Garth's penchant for only playing the hits and the 'old stuff' in concerts, It simply won't happen- the CLOSEST you'd be able to get would yeah probably be No Fences. No way 7's makes it that far..

re: the idea though remember he's already done it- w/ DL, and TL.. smart aleck comment sure but he's already playing his 'hits' only ...

I Think that after the stadium tour finishes 2021, that Garth will simply retire again.
    not without being proven to be a complete hypocrite. He's said multiple times in the last 5 years how they'd have to drag him away kicking and screaming, or that he'l do this 'as long as God and the people' allow him to.. He may slow down some.. heck, TY has a career too.. he's all about being her 'man' too so he's already put into motion being there w/ her..

There will be the very very odd appearance at a event, but I think its retirement again.
    don't think so...

Hes done the arena thing, hes done the stadium thing, hes the done the dive bar thing, hes done the one man show thing. I think he is satisfied that he's done all he can
    do.
    not if he can find another avenue to 'crack' or top

I certainly dont think there will be any more new albums after 2021.
    sure there will be. may not be until he's passed on and his estate releases some but there will be. I'm sure he's gonna do SOME music.. just wish he'd do more new music..

Hes already repackaged his old music, even Garth cant keep doing that.
    another eye opened!! Though unfortunately.... as long as the sheeple keep puffing him up and buying, he can keep doing it

Hes shown no ambition to tour outside USA/Canada.

So I think he will retire, having known hes been the most successful artist in USA History, albums sales/tours.
    If I'm honest? ( maybe it's just the day I've had, maybe it's being tired if 7th graders, maybe my 'crap' meter's runneth to the brim).. This is the thing that is driving your statements Brett- I could be wrong. but I'm guessing I'm not totally wrong at least..

NO worries though- I do think Garth's days of full relevance and importance are behind him. Sad too, cause he's done it to himself..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Sorry Skywise, ya crap meter 100% wrong on that one. Seriously man, your far off the beaten track on this one. But thanks for comparing me to
    7th graders!!!

Garth not touring outside USA/Canada, hasn't driven one of my other statements about Garth.

I honestly think after 2021 there is nothing left for him to do. He can put his feet up having the most successful career in USA History.

Sorry Skywise, ya crap meter 100% wrong on that one. Seriously man, your far off the beaten track on this one. But thanks for comparing me to
    7th graders!!!
    Brett- I may have not been clear enough- I was teaching 7th graders today, not comparing you to one.. my apologies if you misunderstood my intent statement wise- I may have not been clear... But as for my 'crap meter' being 100% off....

Garth not touring outside USA/Canada, hasn't driven one of my other statements about Garth.

I honestly think after 2021 there is nothing left for him to do. He can put his feet up having the most successful career in USA History.
    you have calmed down a lot about it, I agree- but you were quite vocal in your displeasure of Garth's touring 'habits.' I'd say (venture a guess) that feeling is somewhat still there. I could be wrong..

I'd call shenanigans on your assessment that it's not driven any of your other statements (partially if not fully)..

re: your 2021 statement.. I think you're right in that he CAN to that... but I think you're wrong to say that he WILL.. There's always SOMETHING left for him to do.. heck- we have 3 more anthology parts, *(supposedly). we have a stand alone triple live (with other editions to come he's mentioned..) we have a potentially 2nd legacy set.. there are other things that CAN be done.. and some that SHOULD be done..

the operative words? CAN... and/or. WILL.... and/or. SHOULD..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Yeah I probably read that wrong, so my bad.

I would be surprised if there will be a standalone triple live released at all. I think hes given up on it.

Yeah you right about the anthology's. I think we will get one 2020 and one more 2021, but I think 2022 onwards that might be it.

yes I have calmed down about Garth not doing the touring thing overseas.

I can guarantee you , any other posts I do, is not in any way related to Garth not touring outside North America.

I just think Garth's done after 2021, hes done what he wants to do and there will be no motivation for him to say "I think i will do another arena tour"

Yeah I probably read that wrong, so my bad.
    I just think Garth's done after 2021, hes done what he wants to do and there will be no motivation for him to say "I think i will do another arena tour"
    Except $$$$$$$$. And don't say that he doesn't need the money. Of course he doesn't need the money, but he's not going to turn his back on it intentionally by completely disappearing before he's even hit the age of 60. Again....sure, he could, but if he's healthy and able to perform, why would he give that up? And I certainly don't see Trisha pushing him in that direction, especially when she has a music career of her own.

But the main reason I doubt he'll retire, is that then fans in Europe & Australia wouldn't be able to torture themselves by holding out hope that next year will be the year he plays a show outside the U.S. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    Except $$$$$$$$. And don't say that he doesn't need the money. Of course he doesn't need the money, but he's not going to turn his back on it intentionally by completely disappearing before he's even hit the age of 60. Again....sure, he could, but if he's healthy and able to perform, why would he give that up? And I certainly don't see Trisha pushing him in that direction, especially when she has a music career of her own.

But the main reason I doubt he'll retire, is that then fans in Europe & Australia wouldn't be able to torture themselves by holding out hope that next year will be the year he plays a show outside the U.S. :-)
    HaHa!

Garth is at a place in his life and career where he can do whatever he wants. He does not need the money and his legacy is cemented.
    I do not think Garth will retire, he has a perfect situation where he can do 12 shows a year, play wherever he wants and people will show up. I do not think he has a desire to stay home and mow the lawn, he is the type of guy that needs to stay busy.
    As far as new albums? I really donít know, I can see him doing more albums, releasing vault stuff packaged with old stuff or just dropping singles and putting them on amazon as singles.

I said this in the other thread. Garth I believe is going to take a page of George Strait's playbook. He'll play 20 or so shows a year until he doesn't want to do that anymore. I think the days of him doing big arena tours are over. He's not going to tour for 2 or 3 years anymore. Albums? I think he'll stay the course of what he's doing now.
    Last edited by wimpy77; 11-01-2019 at 01:23 AM.

+ Reply to Thread