+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fun

Fun

Fun got pushed to early 2020 according to this article i read yesterday. So that he can focus on Legacy for the holidays. I lost the link for the article.
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

What are the odds of Garth releasing Fun at midnight? The album is done and ready. To release it now would be... uhhhm... Fun.

Quote Originally Posted by gbfevernorway View Post
    What are the odds of Garth releasing Fun at midnight? The album is done and ready. To release it now would be... uhhhm... Fun.
    Slim & None, and Slim has left the building.

Well, we know from studio g tonight that it's at least pushed back till summer. Plenty of time for Dive Bar to run it's course and the next single to be released.

Along with my rant in the ISG 2020 thread about this, "Fun" for me has now simply become "un-Fun".

If the title is to mean something respective to the album, it should be renamed "The Infinite Wait" or "Unfulfilled Promises" or something indicating that it will likely never actually be released. Amazon should refund $5 to everyone who pre-ordered the stupid thing in June 2018. The whole thing is just ridiculous --- and that's the absolute nicest, family friendly, word I can come up with to describe it.
    Last edited by Emerald Isle; 02-06-2020 at 02:08 PM.

Emerald Isle, I agree with everything you have said. I am sick of hearing "Fun" will be out by spring, then summer, etc. This has gotten beyond ridiculous. In fact, I just got off online chat with Amazon CS, and Amazon has issued a full refund on my pre-order of "Fun". The CS rep agreed Amazon should not have allowed pre-order on this without a definite release date. I have learned my lesson, and I will never pre-order another Garth album in the future.

Shellie, that's brilliant! I am going to contact Amazon and try to get a refund as well. I'm still a Garth fan, but the June 2018 pre-order of this album where you had to pay full price up front was utter BS!

If this becomes my last post on this website, then maybe it's for the best. Ever since Fun and vinyl and Ireland have been the forefront on all conversations with this website, y'all have been nothing but whining and belly-aching brats and quite frankly I've reached my breaking point. As far as I'm concerned, I'm done with this shit and I'm not coming back here ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    If this becomes my last post on this website, then maybe it's for the best. Ever since Fun and vinyl and Ireland have been the forefront on all conversations with this website, y'all have been nothing but whining and belly-aching brats and quite frankly I've reached my breaking point. As far as I'm concerned, I'm done with this shit and I'm not coming back here ever again.
    Look, I don't mean to drive anyone away because of griping. So please stay!! We're better with you than we would be without you. We are we, not you and me.

That said, I understand that there are Garth groups and boards out there that supposedly have "positive only" policies and delete anything remotely critical or negative. Those boards are fine and serve their purpose. I wish I could be one of those casual fans who comment nothing but loves and kisses during ISG, I really do.

But I'm NOT a casual fan. I've dedicated decades and thousands of dollars to Garth! I'm a heavily invested die-hard Garth nut, you might say. I love almost everything he does music-wise (except for Sugarcane, which was just ick ). I still listen to Gunslinger on heavy rotation, I buy everything that comes out, and I've seen him 4 times in concert and will go as many times as he comes to my city. So I'm NOT anti-Garth by any stretch of the imagination.

But my oh my, some of his business decisions and his apparent motivations with regard to how and why he releases his music are often extremely frustrating for some of us die-hards. And because of that, I, for one, love that I can come here and vent and discuss those frustrations with fellow die-hards. I love that often folks like rhd13, Skywise, Garthmedic and others will give alternative well-written perspectives that frequently change my frustrations into understanding. That said, I also very much appreciate when my frustrations are sometimes validated by knowing that there are other die-hards who get just as frustrated as I do.

So this place serves a valid purpose too. I can't talk with my wife about this stuff. She's a "casual" fan. She doesn't care enough to understand. And I'm a member of other boards that whenever Garth is brought up, all they want to do is post what they think are clever Chris Gaines jabs.

So this is my sole place of solace to be a true, die hard Garth nut, warts and all. It's the ONLY place I can come to discuss Garth's greatness with those who "understand," but also to vent my frustrations with those who similarly "understand."

Again, I'm sorry if you leave because of my comments. That would truly and genuinely make me feel terrible. But I don't know if this Board will ever be a causal love-fest-only type of place. We're like family. And most families are disfunctional in some way or another. And often that means yelling and griping at the Thanksgiving table. But you know what's great about that, is that we still keep coming back for the turkey even when last year's Thanksgiving was a $#@! show.

In that vein, I might call Amazon and get my money back for my pre-order of Fun. I might gripe like whiny $#%! until the stupid thing is finally released. I might even %$#! and moan about the way he eventually releases it. But you know what else, when it DOES finally come out, I'll be first in line to pick it up. My heart will race when I stick it into my CD player in my car and press "play" that first time. It will still end up in heavy rotation on my phone for years to come. I'll still defend it against people who claim it "sucks" for not being No Fences II. And guess what, I'll do the same for the next album, and next one after that.

And you know why? Because I'm a die-hard Garth nut. And that's what we do!
    Last edited by Emerald Isle; 02-06-2020 at 07:50 PM.

From posts I've seen from you, you seem to have major league anger issues.

I hope you change your mind, I have been critical a fair bit, its because I love deep and honest discussions, not fan boy type ones, although I have also done those type posts.

Im sure once the stadium shows strat up again, along with more dive bar shows, ands the new album is released, there will be more positive posts!

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Look, I don't mean to drive anyone away because of griping. So please stay!! We're better with you than we would be without you. We are we, not you and me.

That said, I understand that there are Garth groups and boards out there that supposedly have "positive only" policies and delete anything remotely critical or negative. Those boards are fine and serve their purpose. I wish I could be one of those casual fans who comment nothing but loves and kisses during ISG, I really do.

But I'm NOT a casual fan. I've dedicated decades and thousands of dollars to Garth! I'm a heavily invested die-hard Garth nut, you might say. I love almost everything he does music-wise (except for Sugarcane, which was just ick ). I still listen to Gunslinger on heavy rotation, I buy everything that comes out, and I've seen him 4 times in concert and will go as many times as he comes to my city. So I'm NOT anti-Garth by any stretch of the imagination.

But my oh my, some of his business decisions and his apparent motivations with regard to how and why he releases his music are often extremely frustrating for some of us die-hards. And because of that, I, for one, love that I can come here and vent and discuss those frustrations with fellow die-hards. I love that often folks like rhd13, Skywise, Garthmedic and others will give alternative well-written perspectives that frequently change my frustrations into understanding. That said, I also very much appreciate when my frustrations are sometimes validated by knowing that there are other die-hards who get just as frustrated as I do.

So this place serves a valid purpose too. I can't talk with my wife about this stuff. She's a "casual" fan. She doesn't care enough to understand. And I'm a member of other boards that whenever Garth is brought up, all they want to do is post what they think are clever Chris Gaines jabs.

So this is my sole place of solace to be a true, die hard Garth nut, warts and all. It's the ONLY place I can come to discuss Garth's greatness with those who "understand," but also to vent my frustrations with those who similarly "understand."

Again, I'm sorry if you leave because of my comments. That would truly and genuinely make me feel terrible. But I don't know if this Board will ever be a causal love-fest-only type of place. We're like family. And most families are disfunctional in some way or another. And often that means yelling and griping at the Thanksgiving table. But you know what's great about that, is that we still keep coming back for the turkey even when last year's Thanksgiving was a $#@! show.

In that vein, I might call Amazon and get my money back for my pre-order of Fun. I might gripe like whiny $#%! until the stupid thing is finally released. I might even %$#! and moan about the way he eventually releases it. But you know what else, when it DOES finally come out, I'll be first in line to pick it up. My heart will race when I stick it into my CD player in my car and press "play" that first time. It will still end up in heavy rotation on my phone for years to come. I'll still defend it against people who claim it "sucks" for not being No Fences II. And guess what, I'll do the same for the next album, and next one after that.

Excellent post!!

I have 30 years, thousands of hours and tons of money invested in garth. I love that this site is not a sunshine pumper like the FB sites. I do not think anyone on here is negative about garth as much as just irritated about his choices, with good cause. I call it like I see it, guess what I hate 2 pina coladas and itís usually when I go drain the 9 dollar beer I just bought at his concert. Does not mean I am being negative just being honest. The fun album has been a train wreck from the beginning and I think he would admit it. Emerald Isle spot on with what you said. Electric outcast see ya donít let the door hit you on the way out.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Outcast.. I'm all for people having their own opinion.... I'm al for people sharing their opinions, and with that I hope you take this for what its's meant. your cursing, your anger.. what purpose is it serving? sit down, take a breath, and relax... If you're truly done with "all this @@@@" and you're not coming back here ever again, thats a sad thing- you're a valued part of this forum, and going away because of varied opinions is never the answer..

If you are only wanting the positive type of stuff surrounding Garth ,then there are any number of FB groups where you darest not say a single negative word about Garth les you feel the wrath of the obsessed...

if you need to take a step back ,then do so. but to leave? over someones opinion? while that's an opinion you're free to have, it's kind of childish, kinda like a tantrum if you know what I mean..

If you wanna talk about it, please do PM me I have no problem talking about it..
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Emerald... I could simply NOT have said it better myself....

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Everyone knows I am a die hard fan but I have to agree also. But I will stay around because like others I have invested a lot of money on merchandise, magazines, traveling to concerts and Jay Leno and collecting CDs. It is a pain to have to wait. I am having some fun trying to get Triple Live covers but not a high point on my list. I want Triple Live CD covers. I wish I was talented enough to make my own covers for the Anthlogy CDs. But I wish he would release something new (catalog or really new) for the collectors. I know the music fans want just new music, I want both new and anything else he releases. I like getting CD and putting it in plastic wrap and writing the info on cover and logging it in my book. I love looking for the few CDs I don't have in my collection. So I don't want you to go but understand. I myself will stay around and hope he changes. I just hope he doesn't release a bunch of stuff all at once. I am on a limited/fixed income. Plus I want him to get the double diamond, add the two or three cds to diamond, get over 200 Million and reach his goals. :-)

Man. And I thought we would be simply excited that he was out of retirement and actually producing new music and tours. And not only that, but having wild success at the EOY awards.

It's not like nothing has come from him during the time he announced FUN. There was just a change in the timeline of what would be sold. And, everyone on here would have bought it anyway.

I enjoy this site because it's made up of educated Garth fans. Not like the FB groups that have questions asked by people who should already know the answer to if they were an actual Garth fan. But, sometimes it like discussing politics here.

Okay this will be my official last post. It's not the different opinions that have thrown me off, because I have tried to step back from taking disagreements way too far, sometimes I failed but I at least try. The problem I have been having is that I feel like I've been vilified for wanting re-prints of things I already have, the vinyl for example. Early pressings of his stuff exist on vinyl being printed in the 90's, they were printed in other countries because some of those countries didn't transition to Compact Disc yet. But I said it many times, those vinyl records run for 300 dollars, no matter what album it is. So when Legacy was announced, I felt relieved that I got an opportunity to save money by buying from Garth as opposed to someone who would potentially be a scammer. But the fact that you guys complained about him releasing his stuff on vinyl, that's where I felt vilified and began to feel like I didn't belong here anymore.

Now the reason why I had my outburst over y'all threatening to cancel your pre-orders of Fun, I'm sorry but this is just one step way too far and I've had enough.

Now I try to have a more pragmatic approach to my opinions on Garth and as a result, some of you keep suggesting that I go to Facebook fan pages for more positive and upbeat stuff, but let me ask you guys a question, do you really think they would be able to handle my Anti-Bro Country mouth? Hell no they wouldn't, which is why I WILL NOT pursue those venues, I would rather hang with people who are metal heads on Discord because they at least give me much better treatment as opposed to here or Facebook when it comes to my viewpoints on music in general.

One more thing I will say: this is a decision that I did not want to make, but you guys brought this on yourselves and I'm only sorry that this has escalated to me quitting and for the sake of my emotional health, I need to leave. Good-bye and farewell.

You are having a meltdown because we donít care about vinyl and some felt the need to cancel their order for fun after being lied to? Oh wait you said you are done so let me just say it boils down to opinion and personal choice. Do what you need to do but donít cry about others choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Outcast.. I'm all for people having their own opinion.... I'm al for people sharing their opinions, and with that I hope you take this for what its's meant. your cursing, your anger.. what purpose is it serving? sit down, take a breath, and relax... If you're truly done with "all this @@@@" and you're not coming back here ever again, thats a sad thing- you're a valued part of this forum, and going away because of varied opinions is never the answer..

If you are only wanting the positive type of stuff surrounding Garth ,then there are any number of FB groups where you darest not say a single negative word about Garth les you feel the wrath of the obsessed...

if you need to take a step back ,then do so. but to leave? over someones opinion? while that's an opinion you're free to have, it's kind of childish, kinda like a tantrum if you know what I mean..

If you wanna talk about it, please do PM me I have no problem talking about it..
    There is NOTHING wrong with showing emotion, there is NOTHING wrong with cursing, infact I would say not showing emotion is unhealthy.

Of course you cant be abusive to people or mean (ElectricOutcast wasnt)

Its healthy to let off steam.

Okay this will be my official last post. It's not the different opinions that have thrown me off, because I have tried to step back from taking disagreements way too far, sometimes I failed but I at least try. The problem I have been having is that I feel like I've been vilified for wanting re-prints of things I already have, the vinyl for example. Early pressings of his stuff exist on vinyl being printed in the 90's, they were printed in other countries because some of those countries didn't transition to Compact Disc yet. But I said it many times, those vinyl records run for 300 dollars, no matter what album it is. So when Legacy was announced, I felt relieved that I got an opportunity to save money by buying from Garth as opposed to someone who would potentially be a scammer. But the fact that you guys complained about him releasing his stuff on vinyl, that's where I felt vilified and began to feel like I didn't belong here anymore.

Now the reason why I had my outburst over y'all threatening to cancel your pre-orders of Fun, I'm sorry but this is just one step way too far and I've had enough.

Now I try to have a more pragmatic approach to my opinions on Garth and as a result, some of you keep suggesting that I go to Facebook fan pages for more positive and upbeat stuff, but let me ask you guys a question, do you really think they would be able to handle my Anti-Bro Country mouth? Hell no they wouldn't, which is why I WILL NOT pursue those venues, I would rather hang with people who are metal heads on Discord because they at least give me much better treatment as opposed to here or Facebook when it comes to my viewpoints on music in general.

One more thing I will say: this is a decision that I did not want to make, but you guys brought this on yourselves and I'm only sorry that this has escalated to me quitting and for the sake of my emotional health, I need to leave. Good-bye and farewell.
    If you read this, I hope ya come back. We all need to vent sometimes!

I see FUN is moving up chart. I am wondering if playing the video at the different sites helps. I purposely try and play it on-line a couple times a day to get it plays. If that counts maybe if we all took a couple minutes a day to give it a push and with Blake Shelton's popularity it will hit #1. I really can't stand Blake Shelton but I will listen if it gets Gartha #1.

I emailed talkshop live, and asked them will be they sellig Garth's album Fun when its released, this is their reply....

Thanks for reaching out. Please keep an eye on Garth's talkshoplive channel for announcements for his Fun release. If you follow his TSL channel, you will be notified every time he goes live. Talkshoplive now allows international shipping; it is always up to the seller's fulfillment teams on whether or not they will offer international sales for any given show.

Kind Regards,
    TSL Support

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    I emailed talkshop live, and asked them will be they sellig Garth's album Fun when its released, this is their reply....

Thanks for reaching out. Please keep an eye on Garth's talkshoplive channel for announcements for his Fun release. If you follow his TSL channel, you will be notified every time he goes live. Talkshoplive now allows international shipping; it is always up to the seller's fulfillment teams on whether or not they will offer international sales for any given show.

Kind Regards,
    TSL Support
    So there isn't a firm date set even with them.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    So there isn't a firm date set even with them.
    At least not one they’re willing to reveal in an email response to a question from a random fan.

At least not one they’re willing to reveal in an email response to a question from a random fan.
    I took from the email, that they are going to be selling it, but just wont give the date yet.

Well, no. But you know they would want to be promoting it as soon as they can.

What you got Brett was the same type of canned, non committal reply that anyone asking that type of question .. It's not going to be QUITE that easy to get information about FUN's release.. . I applaud your effort, but seriously- what you have back is the exact type of reply I'd have guessed you'd get- they're not going to up and tell you if they're selling the album or not.

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Aside from the fact they're not going to release that information, there is no information to release. "Fun" is not going to be released for another 9 months, and there is no release date to give out.

+ Reply to Thread