+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A&E Reschedules Garth Doco

A&E Reschedules Garth Doco

December 2nd and December 3rd.

Source?

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    Source?
    That lady on youtube, who looks like she is goofed on skunkweed all the time.

Havent watched her whole video, so not sure where she got it from, just watched the start of it, when she says A&E announced its been rescheduled.

https://twitter.com/AETV/status/1185563853624692736

Attention @garthbrooks
    Fans Our two-part #GarthBio will now be premiering on Monday, December 2nd and Tuesday, December 3rd at 9PM as part of Garth Week!
    @biography

A&E have it on their official twitter page, nothing about the Yankee stadium show though.

They have even changed their Ad, December now appears instead of November in the video.

Maybe he didnt want to class with Dolly 50th Opry special, I think that was going to clash with the yankee stadium concert. Im guessing that concert it moved to december also?

Is each night of the Doc, one hour or two?

Gotta wonder if it is being moved so that they can use the Knoxville concert instead of the New York one?

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    Gotta wonder if it is being moved so that they can use the Knoxville concert instead of the New York one?
    I suspect that Fun was originally scheduled to be released during Black Friday and the A&E doc was going to air to coincide with it, but now that Fun has been bumped to 2020, maybe it made more sense to move the doc back a week.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Honestly...... I'd def. second source anything she says.. (she IS or WAS on PG.. but honestly I don't think she posts on here anymore.. username is/was CISSIE)

but thanks for the second source. not a problem w/ the rescheduling IMO
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

This A&E special is going to somehow coincide with the release of Fun. JMO.

It will either come out on Black Friday or the following Friday, December 6.

For someone obsessed with album sales, it would be catastrophic to push a release into 2020. It's still possible that it will be a BF release, and it's also possible that it was supposed to be, but something caused it to be delayed or moved to the following Friday.

He probably will be doing media appearances & interviews in late November/early December, to promote the A&E special, Legacy, and Fun.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    This A&E special is going to somehow coincide with the release of Fun. JMO.

It will either come out on Black Friday or the following Friday, December 6.

For someone obsessed with album sales, it would be catastrophic to push a release into 2020. It's still possible that it will be a BF release, and it's also possible that it was supposed to be, but something caused it to be delayed or moved to the following Friday.

He probably will be doing media appearances & interviews in late November/early December, to promote the A&E special, Legacy, and Fun.
    there was an article posted a few days ago that said FUN wasn't coming out until 2020 and I believe the article. When he said I think it was in July or August that he only had like 4 or 5 songs mixed, there was no way that album was coming out this year.
    Last edited by wimpy77; 10-20-2019 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    there was an article posted a few days ago that said FUN wasn't coming out until 2020 and I believe the article. When he said I think it was in July or August that he only had like 4 or 5 songs mixed, there was no way that album was coming out this year.
    Especially if those 4-5 songs were All Day Long, Stronger Than Me, The Road I’m On, Dive Bar, and Courage to Love, which had all already been finished and released.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Especially if those 4-5 songs were All Day Long, Stronger Than Me, The Road I’m On, Dive Bar, and Courage to Love, which had all already been finished and released.
    He said on Studio G that Courage To Love wouldn't be on the finally album unless that's changed now
    When we're free to love anyone we choose, when this world's big enough for all different views When we all can worship from our own kind of pew, then we shall be free

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Garthoholic24 View Post
    He said on Studio G that Courage To Love wouldn't be on the finally album unless that's changed now
    unfortunately there have been multiple things 'he's said on Studio G' that have been different or not (or not yet) come to pass... Courage of Love sounds too much like a Garth song to NOT see the light of day... IMO
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Thatís pretty pathetic if heís not releasing it before Xmas. Only going to hurt his sales, but thatís his choice I guess. Or maybe heís going to release it in November 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    That’s pretty pathetic if he’s not releasing it before Xmas. Only going to hurt his sales, but that’s his choice I guess. Or maybe he’s going to release it in November 2020.
    No... because we’ll be getting Anthology II or Legacy II about that time. —rolls eyes—

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    No... because we’ll be getting Anthology II or Legacy II about that time. —rolls eyes—
    The sales from those don't come close to sales from a New Album. Not releasing the new album prior to Xmas will hurt it's sales total. Perhaps he wants the focus to be around Anthology/Legacy, but that does not change the fact the new album will not be sold during the Xmas season, and that is not good for his overall #'s.

He's been hyping this New album for how long now? Edit: Found the answer. He has been teasing a new album for Over a year, and then there's this from January '19: Brooks has not revealed Fun's release date, though he said during his Jan. 21 Inside Studio G Facebook Live chat that it will be available during the spring of 2019.

Is it Spring 2019 yet?
    Last edited by SoCalGarthFan; 10-21-2019 at 12:27 PM.

Fun first appeared on Amazon, June 19th 2018. He must of been talking the album before then, it just didnt appear.
    If its going to be early 2020, maybe april? if we are lucky!
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 10-21-2019 at 04:46 PM.

A&E has released a long er trailer on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5f_i3ts8lk

Plus a separate new trailer on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjEv4vg_hoU

Doco appears to contain a lot of concert footage from 2014 onwards.

The old footage from his early days though, seems to be just taken from his TV specials.

This A&E page does say the special has been moved to December 2 and 3 - and now it doesn't talk about them doing a whole "Garth Week."

https://www.aetv.com/shows/garth-brooks-the-road-im-on

News releases about it talk about "Garth Week" though.

I guess it wouldn't be the first time Garth and his people "teased" about upcoming events, with confusing information...

Quote Originally Posted by AHBAMember View Post
    This A&E page does say the special has been moved to December 2 and 3 - and now it doesn't talk about them doing a whole "Garth Week."

https://www.aetv.com/shows/garth-brooks-the-road-im-on

News releases about it talk about "Garth Week" though.

I guess it wouldn't be the first time Garth and his people "teased" about upcoming events, with confusing information...
    Says right on the announcement from the 19th on there Facebook description for the video that is apart of Garth week
    When we're free to love anyone we choose, when this world's big enough for all different views When we all can worship from our own kind of pew, then we shall be free

+ Reply to Thread