+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dive Bar Video/Fun Album/Triple live album

Dive Bar Video/Fun Album/Triple live album

If all three get released this year, I will be in a state of shock.

He does seem to be laser focused on Legacy... but I think we’ll get Fun the same week the “Road I’m On” doc airs

Since Triple Live is coming in Legacy, maybe he won’t release the standalone this year.

At this point I have no belief we will ever see fun. Unless Triple live features a lot of house songs I don’t really care about it and legacy is the last real way for him to get us to buy the old stuff again.

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    At this point I have no belief we will ever see fun. Unless Triple live features a lot of house songs I don’t really care about it and legacy is the last real way for him to get us to buy the old stuff again.

There are a few options of the release of FUN. Remember, NOV is Garth’s preferred date for studio albums, every release back to FRESH HORSES has dropped in NOV. That being said, here’s my ideas:

One, a stand alone release before Black Friday, possibly on the eve of the vinyl release, highly unlikely.

Two, FUN drops the week before the A&E special like SEVENS was supposed to hit before the CENTRAL PARK concert back in 97.

Three, like BIAOMR was pushed from pre thanksgiving to Black Friday, FUN, Will be coupled with TRIPLE LIVE with stand alone tricked to retailers at a later date, like GUNSLINGER.

Dive Bar video drops before the CMA awards, or even possibly released after the live performance on the CMA’s.

Also is it possible that FUN was delayed to finish vinyl pressings?

POSSIBLE NOV TIMELINE

Nov 1- Legacy

Nov 13- CMA/ DIVE BAR release

Nov 15-FUN (doubtful but possible)

NOV 24-A & E SPECIAL

BLACK FRIDAY-TRIPLE LIVE/FUN bundle

As a general rule, there is usually a press release about an album release about 6 weeks prior. Given that, a November release seems unlikely, unless it's going to be on Black Friday, and they announce it within the next week.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    As a general rule, there is usually a press release about an album release about 6 weeks prior. Given that, a November release seems unlikely, unless it's going to be on Black Friday, and they announce it within the next week.
    But Garth owns his own label, and the only digital platform he has to contend with is Amazon, which pretty much lets him do whatever he wants. So in reality, he could announce the thing just days before release and be fine. Heck, he could release it without ANY prior announcement if he felt so inclined.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    But Garth owns his own label, and the only digital platform he has to contend with is Amazon, which pretty much lets him do whatever he wants. So in reality, he could announce the thing just days before release and be fine. Heck, he could release it without ANY prior announcement if he felt so inclined.
    He should do a 180 on whats hes normally done, and just drop it on the public. Imagine going to bed, and waking up to see Garth's released FUN.

Plus releasing music without a date (surprise release) is becoming common in the music business. You will hear about a release the day before or just get it without notice. So he may just release it on Black Friday and announce it right before Thanksgiving. I think he really wants to sell out or as many copies of Legacy so he doesn't want a new release to take away the thunder. But with Garth who knows. He may want to give buyers a choice of product for the holidays. Hmmm Legacy would be a great gift but kinda pricey. Oh look he has a 2 album set with FUN and Triple Live. As for me. I want it all. I am greedy. Give me Legacy, FUN and Triple Live. I just wish the 1st would get here and Legacy sent out. For the numbers people, 42 million copies of Legacy would make a bis splash in RIAA and sales wise on Soundscan, 42 million would put him over the 100million mark. With pre orders of Legacy, I think he outselling all these other special boxed sets that have been released. Will be interesting to see.

Or Garth ..... you can surprise release Fun in the shipment that sends Legacy from talk shop live !!! I wouldn’t complain..
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Or Garth ..... you can surprise release Fun in the shipment that sends Legacy from talk shop live !!! I wouldn’t complain..
    Wouldn't that be something... haha

Also wondering, will the Legacy have any easter eggs in it?

Something special, that you will only find out once you have open it?

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Also wondering, will the Legacy have any easter eggs in it?

Something special, that you will only find out once you have open it?
    That would be awesome
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

In the USA, the best country in the world
    He should do a 180 on whats hes normally done, and just drop it on the public. Imagine going to bed, and waking up to see Garth's released FUN.
    I have to say (no pun intended maybe ) that would be FUN
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Hope there will be easter eggs for those that bought the legacy.

I am no longer in a state of shock.

dive bar video next week

Legacy November 1st

FUN early 2020

Stand alone triple live can now be considered to be a work in progress. Maybe 2022.

reread the billboard article, now heres some speculation for ya, triple live wont be released as a standalone album.

reread the billboard article, now heres some speculation for ya, triple live wont be released as a standalone album.
    At least not soon, right? Since that's the "new" thing in both Legacy and Anthology III.

Oh well. Gotta get RIAA certs you know!!

So double live with a few new songs you mean lol. Here is a thought package that with another old album and he can keep pumping those numbers

Triple Live blows Double Live away just in the way it is put together. Double Live has always sounded like a studio album with crowd noise.

We also need to remember how many years ago Double Live came out, I think it's about time there's a new live album.
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Now that FUn is delayed till 2020, will the dive bar video be delayed also?

Is it confirmed that FUN is being pushed back??? Damn it!

RATS just saw the article
    https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...legacy-box-set
    Last edited by CER956; 10-22-2019 at 02:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread