+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth Brooks set for big numbers????

Garth Brooks set for big numbers????

I was sitting in dialysis and was thinking about the Legacy numbers. There isn't much to do during the 4 hours in the chair. I was thinking Garth with definitly hit 200 million and more in RIAA shipping. The reason I think this is: If he is releasing 1 million copies of Legacy with numbers, then he is probably releasing 1 million without numbers. (I may be wrong on how many he is releasing but if he is, then that is 2 million copies of Legacy. With 84 million copies he will zoom to the top with his total. Then add Christmas Together and the latest certifications and he will be doing fantastic. The a rerelease of his catalog with 200 million label will also add big numbers. Add FUN and maybe Triple Live and we are looking at 250 million or more. But math was my worst subject and numbers aren't my forte. He has ample opportunities to add to sales with CMAs and a potential seventh EOY award. He will probably do Dive Bar on show which will maybe help FUN. The concert in Knoxville, the A&E special. It is going to be an interesting time in Garthland.

I like this thinking. Do you know Fun only sold 150,000 copies? At least, according to wikipedia.

Going to be interesting to see how November plays out, I will be shocked (but thrilled) if a stand alone triple live gets released this year.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    I like this thinking. Do you know Fun only sold 150,000 copies? At least, according to wikipedia.
    Confused by this comment because Fun has not been released. If it has sold 150,000 pre-orders then that is pretty impressive.

+ Reply to Thread