+ Reply to Thread

Thread: This Will Be Interesting

This Will Be Interesting

I was looking at upcoming releases on Hits daily Double and November 1 will see Miranda Lambert dropping her new CD Wildcard and November 8 will see Luke Combs drop his new CD. Can Garth sell enough copies of Legacy to outdo those two? Miranda sold 132,000 her first week the last time out. Luke Combs only sold 43,000 but he was new.(these were totals with SEA and TEA) I hope Garth releases the pre order numbers the first week. Second week I hope enough people who didn't buy Legacy will have picked up a copy then. I'd like to see Garth stay on top a couple of weeks. Then he has the CMAs and should he win Entertainer of the Year, that could spark a uptick in sales and maybe some advertising during the show. Then he will have Black Friday to hopefully boost sales. Question is, how will three box set versus individual boxed sets rank on the charts? Will the Legacy Bundle of 3 count as one? Will the individuals sell enough to be counted also? Can't wait to see the first count on the 8th. Now I can't decide if I want to purchase the extra individual box set the first week or the second.

I'm betting he planned on most of what he was going to sell with Legacy to already have been sold by now.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    Then he has the CMAs and should he win Entertainer of the Year, that could spark a uptick in sales and maybe some advertising during the show.
    I don't know if he necessarily should win. It'd be great if he does, but I don't think his case to win is as good this year as it was last time. We'll see though. I think he certainly has a shot, but I don't think it's a slam dunk.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    I don't know if he necessarily should win. It'd be great if he does, but I don't think his case to win is as good this year as it was last time. We'll see though. I think he certainly has a shot, but I don't think it's a slam dunk.
    I don't think he wins this year (though I'd love to see him do so).. I think the 'pro church' types, and the bro country types will try to keep Garths win there as an aberration of sorts... Church whined enough last year... wouldn't be surprising to see more whining...

but when you look at it, Carrie Underwood could win easily.. Stapleton- dont' know if he's done enough or not I don't follow a lot of country music lately on radio- it's not the best way to hear the music anymore IMO
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Dont forget the release of FUN and triple live.

Entertainer of the Year should go to Garth Brooks but he has no chance of winning. I use to like Eric Church but after the pathetic display he put on crying about Garth winning I am done with him. Lose with some class and quit being a clown. I would feel the same if I did not like garth.

The better question is why is luke combs or Dierks Bentley not nominated?

The "criteria" for EoY are (apparently):

Category 1 – ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR
    This Award is for the act displaying the greatest competence in all aspects of the entertainment field. Voter should give consideration not only to recorded performance, but also to the in-person performance, staging, public acceptance, attitude, leadership, and overall contribution to the Country Music image. Award to artist.
    knowing THOSE criteria, and going out of the comfort zone of who we WANT to win.. which nominee SHOULD win?

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    The "criteria" for EoY are (apparently):

knowing THOSE criteria, and going out of the comfort zone of who we WANT to win.. which nominee SHOULD win?
    If that is the standards then Garth should not win since he cant put an album out
    Church will not win because he is a cry baby and goes against what its about.
    With the meetoo movement I can see them giving it to Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    If that is the standards then Garth should not win since he cant put an album out
    Church will not win because he is a cry baby and goes against what its about.
    With the meetoo movement I can see them giving it to Underwood
    I see Underwood or Stapleton winning...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

KU takes it

Well I think he fits the category. Garth has been touring with stadium tour, the Dive Bar tour, he has a duet with Blake, has been doing community stuff like the thing with Ashley McBride, he had Anthology 3 come out during the eligibility period, and I think he been positive for country music. He has appeared on tv. I mean what other artist is that visible. But even if he doesn't win, the advertising will hopefully help sales especially with the maybe release of FUN. I don't know if it was like here but when Garth came to town, all the records stores in the Central Coast area ran out of Garth music. With the Knoxville concert also happening in November that will also be great time for promotion. So I think Legacy will do good and I think FUN will do good. And if he can get catalog stuff out, who knows.Keeping fingers crossed.

+ Reply to Thread