+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2018 Album Rankings

2018 Album Rankings

I was bored after sleeping this evening after dialysis. So I was checking out the Year End Charts for 2018. On the country charts Garth had two items ranked on the chart. Anthology 1 was ranked #20 and the Ultimate Hits was #61. It suprised me that Anthology #1 was ranked on an album chart when everyone said it wasn't an album but a book. Then I checked out the Independent Album year end chart for 2018 and saw Anthology #1 as the #2 selling album behind Jason Aldean's Rearview Town. Again, why is it ranked as an album and not book. It makes me wonder. If the anthology #1 is ranked as an album, does it count towards the RIAA totals? Would the 5 cds help pad Garth's numbers in his quest for 200 Million? It will be interesting to see the certifications when they get released. Five CDs with a couple hundred thousand sold is pretty close to a million I think. The 2019 charts won't be out till end of year and we will see if they rank Anthology #3. If that gets certified with 5 discs and a couple hundred thousand copies sold, that will also be close to a million.

I went back and checked out the Top 200 and Garth's Anthology #1 was ranked #138.

+ Reply to Thread