+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How many copies will Legacy Sell In First week with pre sales?

How many copies will Legacy Sell In First week with pre sales?

I am kinda curious on how many copies Legacy will sell in the first week. I know he sold a nice number of pre orders. But with Amazon and other sites advertising single boxed sets versus the 3 boxed set numbered, does it stand a chance of having big numbers and will it be enough to #1 on Top 200 and Country Chart? I know for RIAA purposes it will be by individual albums, but the charts count the boxed sets as one. I think they said over 300,000 numbered sets were sold, that should insure a #1 ranking. Especial with individual boxed set sales. For Nielsen Soundscan it will help his chances for getting closer to 100 Million in sales but I don't see him gaining 26 Million in sales. It will help with RIAA because it is copies shipped. I am guessing 400,000 for a first week number. Doesn't sound like much but in today's market that should be a lot. I would be happy with 400,000 or higher. I think he has a great selling period ahead with EOY nomination and maybe win. I would like to think it is a shoo in but he is 6 of 12 in EOY but he will really want 7 since that is his number. So I am sure he is going to be doing a lot of smoozing to get votes plus lots of visible appearances. Maybe drop Triple Live of FUN in September or October to stay atop the music news. Help pump up sales of Legacy and make appearances on Trisha's tour. I could see EOY end caps selling his new album as well as his catalog stuff. Then have advertising for Legacy somewhere on it. He needs 52 Million shipped to hit RIAA 200 Million so this would move him closer. I'd like to see what others think of how Legacy sales will do. See you after dialysis. :-)

All the best for your dialysis. Hope it goes well

And its going to be interesting to see how mich he does sell first week. Cant wait for soundscan numbers and then the riaa.

Will he wait on RIAA numbers until after the holidays? If he doesn't release Triple Live and FUN then it will before sure he will wait until after the holidays. I think he will anyways unless he sells a boatload of LEGACY. But who knows. The Nielsen Sound Scan numbers might change his mind. I can see people doing the math. If he sold 300 thousand and you divide it by... well a little more than a month till October and 2 months till November. Getting closer.

Judging by the pic on amazon's page, triple live in legacy has the same amount of songs as the fanmix.

I think the stand alone copy of triple live though, will have house keeping and a few more. November is going to
    be a great time to be a Garth fan.

Yes it is. I can't wait.

Im now thinking not only Legacy, but both stand alone versions of triple live and fun will be released in November!!!

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Im now thinking not only Legacy, but both stand alone versions of triple live and fun will be released in November!!!
    I've already gotten a reminder email about being charged for legacy, I think it's def. gonna be around nov. 1 shipping.. wish I was as confident in a set time for 'TL' standalone release- building things up too much will only lead to disappointment when it doesn't happen....

FUN will be released at some point- hoping to hear more new music, but also almost at point where I don't want to hear any more 'pre release' stuff as eventually it'd destroy the joy of the physical album being released/able to be downloaded as a whole...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

overall album sales continue to erode in the U.S., as more fans opt to consume music via streaming services. So far in 2019, through Aug. 29, album sales are down 19% (70 million sold year-to-date, as compared to 86.5 million sold year-to-date in 2018). In total for the 2018 year, album sales fell 17.7% to 141 million sold.

Wouldn't that be cool if Garth made a big dent in those numbers with Legacy and hopefully Triple Live and FUN. I know he can't sell 54 million but helping the sales go up would be cool. Taylor Swift sold almost 700,000 in albums/CDs alone this week with her multi packaging and and bundling. With SEA and TEA she almost sold 900,000. We can only hope.

+ Reply to Thread