+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The release schedule

The release schedule

So every now and then I think it is good to step back and just take stock of what we have coming. One, it helps me stay excited instead of focusing on the stuff I'm aggravated about. Two, we really do have A LOT to look forward to if it all comes to fruition. If I've missed anything please feel free to add to it.

1. Ken Burns Country Music - Begins Sept. 15 - Yes, I know this is not technically a Garth release but we know Garth was interviewed for it and I think it is a safe assumption when they get to the 90s Garth's career will be discussed.

2. Legacy - November

3. Triple Live (with bonus tracks) - Before the end of the year - I'm surprised we haven't heard more details here. If I'm correct we know "Much Too Young", "To Make You Feel My Love" and "All American Kid" are confirmed to be on this. I think it is also pretty safe to assume tracks like "All Day Long" and "Dive Bar" may end up on there as well since he has mentioned those have been recorded live.

4. Fun - Before end of the year

5. Three more Anthology sets and possibly an Anthology DVD set - To be determined - Legacy seems to have put these on the back burner, but I very much hope that we will see the rest of them in the next few years. Also, I REALLY HOPE that the DVD doc that was initially reported in Billboard will eventually come somewhere along the way too.

6. Legacy Vol. 2 - Next year - Who knows what all this will or won't contain, but we know we have at least one more of these coming.

I guess I could add "The Diamond Series" although I've got a gut feeling that was just renamed "Legacy".

I like your timeline for Fun, because we know it's true.

Yes, as frustrating as the extended hype can be, we do have lots of Garth to look forward to this year.

Just to add, he recorded We Shall Be Free and Shout at the Eugene show I went to so we can add those to the Triple Live list.

Yes a lot coming up in the next few months!

What about that documentary about Garth’s life? Or a Biography of his life I should say by A&E? Set to air in November, correct?
    ~"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide."~
    ~"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."~
    -Garth Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by LostSessions View Post
    What about that documentary about Garth’s life? Or a Biography of his life I should say by A&E? Set to air in November, correct?
    That’s right. Forgot about that one. Not sure of exact date it is set to air.

Sounds great to me. I just wish he'd like other artists. If he so, I think he wouldn't have to re release so much catalog. Or if he was going to re release catalog, spend a little money and change the cover a little, add some art work. add some out takes. Make it for the newbies and interesting to the collectors. I really hope he releases the catalog albums in Legacy 2 or 3. All three xmas albums on vinyl, the Chris Gaines, the greatest hits collection all on vinyl. It would be nice to have his catalog on vinyl. A release of at least one live concert on cd or vinyl. But I am getting ahead of myself. I want Legacy, Anthology, Triple Live and FUN. I also hopes he revamps the 25th anniversary No Fences as a 30th anniversary edition, no meed wasting the work he did on nothing. He has so much potential. :-)

+ Reply to Thread