+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Videos taken down by youtube

Videos taken down by youtube

After copywrite claims from Pearl records.

Why would they take down clips from people's cell phones, its not
    like someone uploaded an official video, or song?

Also some clips have remained up for years, some have been taken down.

Im guessing its to do with some automatic thing, that youtube can recognized something
    in the cvideo and not someone from pearl records, browsing youtube, looking for Garth clips.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post

Im guessing its to do with some automatic thing, that youtube can recognized something
    in the cvideo and not someone from pearl records, browsing youtube, looking for Garth clips.
    I'm sure there are algorithms that some of the videos have ran up against- certain things in the length, or the keywords, or the title, flag it unknowingly and bring it to the attention of the copyright police or copyright bots..

I do doubt that there is someone actively browsing youtube for Garth clips from pearl records- though nothing would surprise me either...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

The tickets of the concerts I went to on his comeback tour said video recording was not allowed or I got an email from the venue saying it wasn't allowed. So it probably sets the legal precedent for being able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    The tickets of the concerts I went to on his comeback tour said video recording was not allowed or I got an email from the venue saying it wasn't allowed. So it probably sets the legal precedent for being able to do that.
    Agreed- Theres' normally a 'no videotaping' policy on most things Iv'e seen concert wise, Garth is certainly not an exception there. Yeah people are always taping things anyway, but posting it then (an entire show) isn't gonna fly...

Only group I have seen that actively encouraged you to record them was Straight No Chaser

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Agreed- Theres' normally a 'no videotaping' policy on most things Iv'e seen concert wise, Garth is certainly not an exception there. Yeah people are always taping things anyway, but posting it then (an entire show) isn't gonna fly...

Only group I have seen that actively encouraged you to record them was Straight No Chaser
    Metallica encourages bootlegging live shows as long as said show is not released officially if I'm not mistaken. However, almost all of their shows are available to purchase via their website (soundboard quality) so I'm not sure why you would do audio at this point. As far as video, it's not very hard to find almost every show either professionally recorded or very good audience shot ones.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    Metallica encourages bootlegging live shows as long as said show is not released officially if I'm not mistaken. However, almost all of their shows are available to purchase via their website (soundboard quality) so I'm not sure why you would do audio at this point. As far as video, it's not very hard to find almost every show either professionally recorded or very good audience shot ones.
    . With this one, it was video..

the video thing- depends on the artist really... (at least in my experience)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

. With this one, it was video..

the video thing- depends on the artist really... (at least in my experience)
    Sorry, I may not have been clear in my statement. I was referring to both really. As far as I know, as long as it isn't an official release they've never had a problem with it.

Sorry, I may not have been clear in my statement. I was referring to both really. As far as I know, as long as it isn't an official release they've never had a problem with it.
    Gotcha- not all artists have that type of attitude unfortunately.

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Some artists like Metallica don't care while others like Garth will go to the nth degree to take everything down. Skywise is correct in the original response to Brett. A single person doesn't sit there and flag. All record labels use a program that set an algorithm to flag certain words.

I'm sure there are algorithms that some of the videos have ran up against- certain things in the length, or the keywords, or the title, flag it unknowingly and bring it to the attention of the copyright police or copyright bots..

I do doubt that there is someone actively browsing youtube for Garth clips from pearl records- though nothing would surprise me either...
    yeah your so right. Its the algorithms, some videos end up staying up for years, some are down the next day.

Strange things is, if you do a search for Garth's videos on "Bing" search engine, it takes you to Russian/German/Korean video sharing sites, and you
    get his tv specials, TIGB/TIGB2/Coast to Coast.

Yeah I dont think someone from pearl is going to youtube either.

yeah your so right. Its the algorithms, some videos end up staying up for years, some are down the next day.

Strange things is, if you do a search for Garth's videos on "Bing" search engine, it takes you to Russian/German/Korean video sharing sites, and you
    get his tv specials, TIGB/TIGB2/Coast to Coast.

Yeah I dont think someone from pearl is going to youtube either.
    hmm- have not been a 'bing' search engine user- may have to try that

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

The control freak Garth is I would not be surprised if after the show he is sitting in his bed and flagging videos lol. I think it is ridiculous that he even cares and I kind of take it like a slap in the face. The more exposure he has the more people can see his stuff and become fans. I have found many artist and became fans after hearing a song and looking up their stuff on YouTube.

hmm- have not been a 'bing' search engine user- may have to try that
    Just a heads up, its gives strange results and takes ya to sites that may not be of the highest standard, have a good virus check on ya computer if ya do.

Just a heads up, its gives strange results and takes ya to sites that may not be of the highest standard, have a good virus check on ya computer if ya do.
    hehe fair 'nough !

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    The control freak Garth is I would not be surprised if after the show he is sitting in his bed and flagging videos lol. I think it is ridiculous that he even cares and I kind of take it like a slap in the face. The more exposure he has the more people can see his stuff and become fans. I have found many artist and became fans after hearing a song and looking up their stuff on YouTube.
    I had mine flagged and taken off then not allowed by You Tube to put videos on again. I got pretty upset for the same reason. Felt like I was a loyal fan being penalized. I made another account and posted footage that only I can see so they are not taking up memory on my phone but can still enjoy.

+ Reply to Thread