Steve Cox keyboards
    David Gant keyboards
    Johnny Garcia electric guitar
    Mark Greenwood bass guitar, backing vocals
    Vicki Hampton backing vocals
    Jimmy Mattingly fiddle, acoustic guitar
    Mike Palmer drums, percussion
    Karyn Rochelle backing vocals

well between the arena tour and the stadium tour he took a year off. Those other people more than likely got gigs with other people.

Steve Cox and Johnny Garcia were part of Trisha's band and since Trisha is back to picking her own career back up my assumption is they are now going to be on tour with her.

Bruce Bouton is a very in-demand studio musician. My guess is he may not have wanted to continue to tour. McClure was an "original" band member so with him back it freed Bouton up to return to his "day job" if he wanted.

Karyn Rochelle is a Nashville songwriter and trying to become an artist herself. She may have wanted to work more on that instead of tour.

Personally I love his current band lineup. Ty England, Dave Gant, Steve McClure and Mike Palmer were in his band from basically the time he had his record deal (or before). Mike Greenwood and Jimmy Mattingly both were in the band on the 96-98 tour before retirement. So that is 6 old school band members!!! Robert Bailey and Vicki Hampton have done background vocals on and off for him for years and years. Gordon Kennedy also played with him during some of the shows in the "retirement" years and played a big role on the Chris Gaines project as well as being a star songwriter. In other words, most of the stadium band has been a part of his career for years!

The only person I know nothing about is Blair Masters. He is the "new" guy, but I'm sure he has quite a resume if I were to guess and may even have connections to Garth prior to this that I am unaware of.

Didnt he say before the Stadinum tour started that he was going retro (with the band anyway) and he was bringing the old guys back.

+ Reply to Thread