Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Should he/shoudln't he (potentially heated post) (should Garth comment on shootings)

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    Well let me ask you something, you encourage everybody on this site to have an opinion about something and not be afraid of it, yet you're gonna tell Garth to 'shut up'? I don't know about everyone else around here, but that mindset to me spells HYPOCRITE!
    Ok outcast, let's take this bit by bit...

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    Well let me ask you something, you encourage everybody on this site to have an opinion about something and not be afraid of it
    ehh- ok I'll cop to that, though it's more accurate to say I encourage everyone to be objective and not be afraid to share their opinions about Garth even if they're not the popular ones... (there have been far too many fans over the last almost 20 years of being on here that have been well, (sorry guys..) blind followers...) it's ok to be critical when needed/if warranted. yes I have not shied away from saying people shouldn't be afraid to have an opinion about something...

yet you're gonna tell Garth to 'shut up'? I don't know about everyone else around here, but that mindset to me spells HYPOCRITE!
    am I telling Garth to shut up? maybe if you take what I'm saying at surface read. sure.. the phrasing 'shut up and dribble' was used to talk about basketball players (I think it was uttered by Lebron James but I may be digressing..) not mentioning/talking about Social issues..

Look, Garth has every right to say what he wants... that's fine. I'd prefer he stick to entertainment and not wax political. if that means 'shut up and dribble' is an accurate term, then fine.

to be hypocritical would be more on the lines of me saying that about Garth, then encouraging people to be as political as possible. It would mean encouraging people to continue to share their political thoughts on every subject, regardless of whether it's the right arena or not..

in this very thread that you are referring to here, outcast, I've kinda done just the opposite. I (following an unforced suggestion by an admin) brought the thread over to the back porch, so as to not wax politically on the orig. thread and bring it off course. That sounds rather like 'shut up and dribble' if you look at it. encourage a discussion on the garth section of the board to stay garth focused (ISG in this case)... with Garth, I have said I'd prefer he keep to his music, his entertainment/entertaining, and not wax political (or words to that effect). in short, keep the politics to one arena, and the 'garth' to another.....

isn't that a direct example of what happened here w/ this discussion? not hypocritical at all...

I would prefer that Garth not go political.. I would prefer he not get mired in the crap that our country and world finds itself in politically, with hate and ignorance coming from both the right AND the left... that has not changed...

that does not go against my signature either, where I state

An objective Garth fan, with my own views...
    I have my own views.. I also mentioned that my view here was probably not a popular opinion.

on PG? sure- I think people should feel free to have an opinion about Garth even if it's not popular. I think they should not be afraid of it...

Garth shouldn't be afraid of his opinion(s) either.. In the same way that I shouldn't be afraid of mine.. as I'm not.

Now, you wanna make a personal attack to me- do it in PM.. .. I'm more than willing to talk there.. If I offended you? fine- tell me in pm- take it to me there...... I'll be happy to talk with you about it...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I think this one is done.

Closed Thread