+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Legacy on Amazon

Legacy on Amazon

I was checking out Legacy for sale on Amazon. I am guessing with sets being numbered, he must have had the entire 100,000 copies printed. Those of us who bought early got our numbers but he still had rest of numbers printed. That would have made it easier. It said the 3 boxes contain 42 discs. That will really pad his RIAA numbers. That means # of albums shipped. If I remember right, he also said it will be sold at retail. That will also add to numbers. It will be available Nov.1.Will that be Amazon, pre-order and retail? It also said each set will have one of 2 Triple Live covers. How many did he say will eventually be up for grab, 8 to trade or collect.That is alot for the collector to digest. How many copies of Legacy will collectors buy to get the 2 covers? How many Triple Live covers will show up at retail? Plus I think he said different covers in different markets so fans could trade. Which begs the question, will he go over the 200 million in RIAA numbers. And with The Chase, In Pieces and fresh Horses making Diamond, does that mean another Legacy 2 with Scarecrow, Sevens and maybe Fun, MAM and Gunslinger and some other rare object. That would be a way to get those 3 close to Diamond. Who knows maybea album version of Chris Gaines. So much to anticipate in 3 months.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    too much speculating for my tastes here..

Man though- Prime day deal is $194.99...... I wanna see what they sell it for after the deal's over

here's what I find interesting from the 'notes' as it were:

Also contains 7 remixed/remastered CDs with bonus tracks, compare the clearer sounds of the digitally remixed/remastered process
    Contains 1 of 2 new Triple Live album sets exclusive to this Limited Package
    ok this is in the 'limited edition' section- no bonus tracks on these CD's? 1 of 2 TL album sets... covers or setlists?

Also contains 7 CDs with bonus tracks
    Contains 1 of 2 new Triple Live album sets exclusive to this Analog Package
    from the original analog edition- .. bonus tracks on this one cd wise... will they be the same for the TL 'album sets'... Also, still remains- album sets means cover, song listing, tracks, or what exactly?

Also contains 7 CDs with bonus tracks
    Contains 1 of 2 new Triple Live album sets exclusive to this Analog Package
    from 'digitally remastered/remixed edition': third time out here, 2nd time bonus songs on cd's are mentioned - Garth is (I hope) not enough of a jerk to have diff. bonus songs on each edition , so we'll go w/ bonus songs on all editions being the same. however that leaves question again of the 'TL album sets'.. between the three 'editions' you will be getting (esp. as a pre order), will we end up with both 'TL album sets' that are exclusive over the span of the collection?
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

CD's appear (from picture in listing) to have 11 songs on them each (with NF having 12).. are we just gonna get expanded 'diamond editions' again w/ the originally 'extra' songs? that'd be disappointing

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    CD's appear (from picture in listing) to have 11 songs on them each (with NF having 12).. are we just gonna get expanded 'diamond editions' again w/ the originally 'extra' songs? that'd be disappointing
    All CDs appear to have 11 tracks and are the same from the first Limited Series box set from 98. That part is disappointing to me personally, but still excited to find out what’s on Triple Live.

Quote Originally Posted by themusicuni View Post
    All CDs appear to have 11 tracks and are the same from the first Limited Series box set from 98. That part is disappointing to me personally, but still excited to find out what’s on Triple Live.
    fair 'nough- I was looking at a small picture blown up...

if this is truly the case, and these are just another rehashed release of the original 'limited series' cd's.... then it's def. gonna be a disappointment...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

There was a time where I would rush to buy all the versions to collect. Heck, I have several copies of the "Limited Edition" of Double Live.

You can find those now, selling on eBay in their Sealed Original Wrapping, for under $10.

Figuring out how much actual new material is contained within that $200 set is far too confusing for me. Feels so much like I'm just paying for music I already have.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    There was a time where I would rush to buy all the versions to collect. Heck, I have several copies of the "Limited Edition" of Double Live.

You can find those now, selling on eBay in their Sealed Original Wrapping, for under $10.

Figuring out how much actual new material is contained within that $200 set is far too confusing for me. Feels so much like I'm just paying for music I already have.
    I will say, though I won't be unwrapping the vinyl/playing it (as I am not getting a vinyl player simply for one record set, even Garth).. I am interested in the cds' and will prob be disappointed.. that being said as well, no way in heck would I have paid $200 for the set, even with a #... true I parted with $100.... but a pre order is a pre order

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I really don’t want to buy all 3 boxes. I just want the Limited Edition with the analog LP’s and the remixes CDs. Are they still going to release them separately? And then, based on the descriptions, will there be different content on the CDs in each box?

If you look at the amazon page , it says you save an EXTRA 35% on legacy at checkout . So if my math is right thatís 68 dollars off the 195.
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    If you look at the amazon page , it says you save an EXTRA 35% on legacy at checkout . So if my math is right that’s 68 dollars off the 195.
    a guesstimate I know, based solely on the area I live and the knowledge that some places tax amazon, others don't... figuring that extra 35% off, (about 68.24) and adding in tax (about 8.0%) it'd still be just over $142 in my area, even with prime shipping being free. lol still saved almost $50 by ordering early...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Prime Day deal is now up to 40% off at checkout, which after tax for me, came to $125.47 shipped. I still don't want all 3 boxes, but since Amazon doesn't charge until the item ships, I figured I'd throw in a pre-order just in case he later decides that he won't release the boxes separately. I can always cancel up until mid-to-late October.

My fear is that with each box being numbered and all 3 boxes having the same number, that he will decide to NOT sell them separately, unless he plans to do a print of un-numbered boxes later on. Sigh. Being a huge Garth fan is hard sometimes!! haha! I'm beginning to wonder at what point I'll jump off the train and, you know, not get sucked into buying the first 7 albums over and over again.

Emerald Isle I have jumped off. If he wanted to put out a record set great but I don’t care what he says I don’t need a numbered copy or 3 sets of the same stuff. I don’t own a record player so I would only be buying for the bonus songs. I have a feeling since he is not releasing tracks the bonus songs are going to be stuff we already have or just a few. Do I really want to pay $100 for a few tracks....no

I took a look at the picks of the albums and they only have the songs that were released on the limited series, so nothing new on those that we havent had. My fear of him only releasing unreleased songs only for triple live just got amplified, i dont really care for live albums much.
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I took a look at the picks of the albums and they only have the songs that were released on the limited series, so nothing new on those that we havent had. My fear of him only releasing unreleased songs only for triple live just got amplified, i dont really care for live albums much.
    Well, if you want to get really technical, the Limited Series' Bonus tracks were left off of the 2014 Remixed CDs except for To Make You Feel My Love. So, assuming that the album songs are same remixes as the 2014 CDs, and if This Ain't Tennessee, Anonymous, and Something With a Ring to it have now also been remixed, then those new mixes of those 3 songs would be unique to this set. Worth $125? NO!!

Like you, the language of "Contains 1 of 2 new Triple Live album sets exclusive to this [Limited - Analog - Remixed/Remaster] Package" is what I find most concerning. So the fan mix of Triple Live has been released twice digitally. The normal mix was released with Anthology III. And now we're presumably going to get a stand-alone release this fall with additional songs, and then 2 other different releases in the Legacy sets? Is there any guarantee that if you buy all 3 Legacy boxes that you'll get both of those exclusive versions, or do you have to just keep buying Legacy sets at $125-$190 a pop until you eventually get lucky and actually receive both? And what makes the versions in the Legacy sets "exclusive"? Will it be exclusive songs, or exclusive covers, or both? I'm so confused!!!
    Last edited by Emerald Isle; 07-16-2019 at 03:47 PM.

So the bonus songs were the ones that were on the 1998 boxset. How many songs will be on triple Live (in the legacy boxset) Im guessing the same as the fanmix? He will keep the
    housekeeping for the stand alone Triple Live, if/when it gets released.

They added a few more pics of legacy on amazon...I'm trying to zoom in on triple live, but I can't read the songs.
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Too hard to read, but it appears “The Entertainer” appears on the “Triple Live” CDs. It also doesn’t look like there’s a song difference from the other TL releases based on how the writing on the disc appears.

+ Reply to Thread