+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not Liking It

Not Liking It

I hate to say this but I am not liking Garth's foray into today's country music. I understand his wanting to be on the radio but I could care less. I think most Garth fans good care less also. They want new music. I love his old stuff but MAM is one of my favorite albums except for MOM. My point is I want new stuff but don't care if it is played on radio. I rarely listen to country radio. I will continue to buy his new music as well as his catalog. I use his hits albums as gifts to freinds who are just discovering or I am introducing to Garth. I just found out my nurse at Dialasis has never heard of Garth. I was wearing a shirt and hoodie with Garth and she asked who that was. Garth, go back to getting great memorable songs and less trying to get on radio stuff. Your fans have stuck around for 30 years and will stay another 30. Lets release all your catalog on vinyl. Keep playing shows like you do but add more recent stuff.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    I still think the vinyl foray's a niche at best and a money/numbers grab at worst. it's not really a commercially viable format in the long term.. I agree, though, Garth fans want to hear new music. I don't know that Garth's truly trying to go after his 'fans' though, even though we are the ones who got him to where he is importance wise.. he's after newer fans in a way... He's just stuck in the 90s ways of doing things, and his stubbornness won't allow him to realize his mistakes and call them what they are/were..

Still- new music is a great salve for garths' disappointments...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Skywise is correct as usual. He's not going after fans like you and me. He's trying to new ones. And yes he's still stuck in the 90's in his dealings. A lot of artists are still stuck in the past in terms of the business because that's what made them famous and a lot of money.

I don't think he has any good new material ideas. I like Dive Bar, but that is an example of what he has left in the can. We were just wrongly teased when More Than A Memory unexpectedly came out and shot to the top of the charts thinking he was saving even better stuff for his return. The best way to not get frustrated with him is to just accept it and appreciate why you liked him back in the 90s.

Skywise is correct. As I’ve said before, I always feel he’s after the “lowest common denominator”. That extremely casual fan that he can pull in who doesn’t already have 10 copies of No Fences. We are the vast minority and not the focus. He knows he can throw a couple of bonus tracks on something and we will buy anyways.

Skywise hit it on the nail when he said he wants new fans but stuck in the 90ís way of doing business. I love Garth but I feel like he has kind of thrown me aside for newer fans. I really like dive bar but he needs to bring a new album once a year and get on iTunes

Would you guys STOP telling Scott (Skywise) that he is right????!!! I spend hours beating down his ego.. Y'all are messin' that up

Psssttt.. Love ya, Scooter

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Garthmedic View Post
    Would you guys STOP telling Scott (Skywise) that he is right????!!! I spend hours beating down his ego.. Y'all are messin' that up

Psssttt.. Love ya, Scooter
    I won't take it personally Spud!
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Skywise is right, he won't take it personally.
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

For the love of all things spudly... STOP with the compliments!!

I see very little difference between Dive Bar and, say, Longneck Bottle or Midnight Sun. It’s a fun song.

I have mentioned before that I think Garth is trying to attract the 275 plus people who may not own Garth music. But I just don't care for country radio anymore andd the type of music that is played. Make new music and don't worry about hits. Fans support and love music whether it is played on radio or not. His concerts will attract the new fan.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I have mentioned before that I think Garth is trying to attract the 275 plus people who may not own Garth music. But I just don't care for country radio anymore andd the type of music that is played. Make new music and don't worry about hits. Fans support and love music whether it is played on radio or not. His concerts will attract the new fan.
    That's not the way it works.

+ Reply to Thread