+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The best thing that could happen for Garth's legacy

The best thing that could happen for Garth's legacy

You can hear Garth's daughter, Allie, on Amazon Music. And it dawned on me, the best thing that would put a stamp on Garth's legacy would be the thing he would want most, for his daughter to have a breakout career. Not that she would be bigger than him, but think of all the other big artists who then had a second round of fame with the younger generation like Billy Ray Cyrus, etc. Even Lionel Richie, though his daughter was just famous for having a reality TV show. He doesn't need this to happen to be who he is, but it would put a nice bow on his career and who he is. Especially after giving up part of his prime for his children.

I really her and her voice. She is on the verge of breaking out and best thing is she did not use Garth to get ahead.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    I need to re-listen to the song again... liked what I heard the first time I listened..

One thing though that may make me sound bad.. it's not intended that way but can't control some....

Anyway.. Randa- true- She did not use Garth to get ahead.. whether they were explicitly presented or not.. It is inconceivable to think that there were not opportunities given, or doors opened, etc.. simply because she is Garth's daughter.. I would almost guarantee that her path to success has been smoother (not that she sought out the breaks or tried to manipulate things... I'm not saying that at all.) because Garth is her father
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    I need to re-listen to the song again... liked what I heard the first time I listened..

One thing though that may make me sound bad.. it's not intended that way but can't control some....

Anyway.. Randa- true- She did not use Garth to get ahead.. whether they were explicitly presented or not.. It is inconceivable to think that there were not opportunities given, or doors opened, etc.. simply because she is Garth's daughter.. I would almost guarantee that her path to success has been smoother (not that she sought out the breaks or tried to manipulate things... I'm not saying that at all.) because Garth is her father
    I would say this is only a little bit true. I remember reading years ago, when she was a minor she needed Garth's approval to appear on one of those Idol shows, he refused. Garth
    could've opened so so many doors for her, but it appears to me, that this is a case of her doing it herself.

At least Garth isnt on the level of Will Smith when it comes to nepotism.

Hey Brett- good work w/ the quoting!

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    I would say this is only a little bit true. I remember reading years ago, when she was a minor she needed Garth's approval to appear on one of those Idol shows, he refused. Garth
    could've opened so so many doors for her, but it appears to me, that this is a case of her doing it herself.

At least Garth isnt on the level of Will Smith when it comes to nepotism.
    I'm not saying it's not true- I would hope it is.. I wouldn't' say Garth has actively helped her, but it would also be foolish to think that it's been AS hard of a path for her as it is/has been for others w/o the connections.. not that they've been actively sought out- just that they are there..... and may have been exploited, even if she didn't actively know or approve/wish their use

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I get what you are saying. No matter what she did people knew she was Garthís daughter and that did not hurt her.
    However she does not use brooks as her official name
    Could have easily been his opening act on his tour
    Could have used him as a duet partner on her album (canít wait for that to happen)

She just strikes me as a strong woman who wants to do it her way on her own. Again I really love her voice and if you have never listened to her I highly recommend you do

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    I get what you are saying. No matter what she did people knew she was Garth’s daughter and that did not hurt her.
    However she does not use brooks as her official name
    Could have easily been his opening act on his tour
    Could have used him as a duet partner on her album (can’t wait for that to happen)
    exactly- as I mentioned I doubt she actively knew or wished for/coveted the breaks she's had..

I also agree- could be interesting to have a father/daughter duet!

She just strikes me as a strong woman who wants to do it her way on her own. Again I really love her voice and if you have never listened to her I highly recommend you do
    hehe she wants to do things her own way? sounds like her dad! the song's good so far from what I've listened to. it's good

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

listened again to the song in its entirety this morning.. it's def growing on me some- it's good!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

If you go on her social media sights or her website and watch the public appearances at different bars, etc, that she has on there, you would not know she was related to Garth. Those who introduce her don't mention it, per her order I'm sure. She really is trying to do it on her own. So, yeah, she probably has some doors indirectly opened for her because of Garth and she could afford college and get a degree in songwriting (as she talks about in one of the videos) because of her dad, but she has made where she will either succeed or fail on her talent alone. Her voice is so soothing! And she writes her own music. She even mentions in one video that she wanted success to happen right away but realizes she is only 22 so she is taking her time on putting out an album she will be proud of. She has a chance. It'll be interesting to see how country radio responds to her. But she has the voice and the tattoos like those of her generation has.

+ Reply to Thread