+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Charts

Charts

Well that was short lived, Dive bar went from 17 to 30 this week on mediabase
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

Wanna day that is a surprise but radio does not seem to care about Garth anymore. I drive a lot in KC and out of three stations I have heard it twice.

Yep that didn't take long

If it's truly already on it's way out, then that'd be a shame because it's a great song. We'll have to see though.

Isn't it normal for new songs to get a ton of spins in their first week, and then take a dive in the second week, and then have to work their way up the charts just like any other song?

Yes it is quite common for a song to debut high then tumble down. I don't believe for a second it is done. First off Garth has a promo team dedicated to working his music 24/7. he has more money than God and keeps making it so no signs of stopping promo. Also Blake is having a great year with God's Country so while Garth might not have the luster he had a few years ago, Blake does.

The song did drop 10 spots on Billboard from #16 to #26, but that means nothing for the life of the song because of first week spins. The real indicator is that the song has a bullet (meaning it is gaining) AND it is listed as a Breaker meaning over 60% of country stations are now playing it. This song is not done. Most people just don’t understand how the charts work. After a huge first week there is always a drop off. That is totally normal.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    The song did drop 10 spots on Billboard from #16 to #26, but that means nothing for the life of the song because of first week spins. The real indicator is that the song has a bullet (meaning it is gaining) AND it is listed as a Breaker meaning over 60% of country stations are now playing it. This song is not done. Most people just donít understand how the charts work. After a huge first week there is always a drop off. That is totally normal.

And this is the kind of insight I like from my fellow Garth fans on this site!

Rhd13 is right. Every song that has an early week iHeart Radio hourly deal has a massive second week drop. Nothing to worry about y’all. It’s next to impossible for a new song to hold a chart position a week after a day of being guaranteed hourly play on all the big stations around the country.

It is building nicely and currently up nearly 60% from last week.

Just not a very good song. It's true

I think Blake's current song is taking a few spins away from it, too. God's Country is doing very well, to put it mildly. So when they go for him, I think they are picking that song over Dive Bar.

it's up 2 spots to 24.

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    I think Blake's current song is taking a few spins away from it, too. God's Country is doing very well, to put it mildly. So when they go for him, I think they are picking that song over Dive Bar.
    I don't blame them.

+ Reply to Thread