+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun to be released End of Summer/Start of Autumn

Fun to be released End of Summer/Start of Autumn

According to Studio G.

Thats September???

You can say September but you can add another month or two for good measure so that's more like a November release. Just pity the people who pre-ordered a year and a half in advance.

Good things come to those that wait! I would say with this long long delay, there better be more than 10 songs on the thing.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    hmm- will hae to listen to ISG for the full details.. However. . I've come to think of things kinda with this lens.. I wanted almost 15 years for Garth to 'come back' to recording after the retirement debacle. I waited 19 years between concerts... Yes I pre ordered in june of 2018... I can wait (easily) another few months
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

This has been a complete train wreck from the start. What is so hard about putting out an album once a year on time? If you don’t want to put out a physical copy offer it as only a download. With all the stuff he has in the vault just pump out a dam album once a year. I agree also this album better be a 14-20 track album.

Haha, "Late Summer/Early Fall" could mean anything. I think it's safe to err on the side of it coming out in the fall (October/November) rather than any time in the next two-three months. It is ridiculous how poor the roll out of this album has been. I agree with whoever said the new album better be a long one given how light "Gunslinger" was and how long Garth has been working on it.

I am to the point I may not even buy the dam album....dam wait I pre ordered it a year ago
    Ok then I am to the point I may not even listen to it....no that’s a lie I would buy an album of Garth singing nursery rhymes

Sometimes being a die hard Garth fan is not easy

As strange as this has been for Garth, the method of releasing 2-3 singles over a long period of time and then releasing the album at the tale end of the cycle is becoming more and more of a trend. I think the idea is to focus attention on the singles at radio, on youtube, and in streaming to make them bigger hits.

I'm sorry for threadcrapping but any word on a forthcoming Anthology?

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    This has been a complete train wreck from the start. What is so hard about putting out an album once a year on time? If you don’t want to put out a physical copy offer it as only a download. With all the stuff he has in the vault just pump out a dam album once a year. I agree also this album better be a 14-20 track album.
    I'd rather be grateful that he chose to let his fans in on some of the music a year in advance. And yes, this is the new trend for all genres of music. FGL was releasing a few singles about 9 months in advance of their latest album for Amazon Music subscribers. The alternative is to get nothing till the album releases. Which we all know is usually the week of Thanksgiving for Garth.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    I'd rather be grateful that he chose to let his fans in on some of the music a year in advance. And yes, this is the new trend for all genres of music. FGL was releasing a few singles about 9 months in advance of their latest album for Amazon Music subscribers. The alternative is to get nothing till the album releases. Which we all know is usually the week of Thanksgiving for Garth.
    I'm surprised artists even attempt to release albums anymore.

I am happy Garth is releasing FUN at his usual time. I do miss lining up at midnight to get his new album. I hate waiting but he follows his pattern. Look at Taylor Swift fans. Its been how many years. Yet she still sells a million copies the week she releases one. The thing that amazes me is how is he going to sell FUN and LEGACY at the same time. Plus how many configuration will FUN have. A first edition? 1 added song or more? We will know more in a little over 4 months. We waited this long...

I really don't want his new album in pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    I really don't want his new album in pieces.
    Wouldn't be his first In Pieces album

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    Wouldn't be his first In Pieces album
    Ya know, I thought that but didn't type it out!! should have!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Saw the press conference for the Friday night's concert and he said that the album isn't ready yet and it should be in August.

Considering it's not even complete, I'm guessing it will be his usual November release.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    Saw the press conference for the Friday night's concert and he said that the album isn't ready yet and it should be in August.

Considering it's not even complete, I'm guessing it will be his usual November release.
    I listened to the Bobby Bones interview yesterday. He played up it being a fun, summer album. There must have been something that held it up.

kinda gonna put a lot of 'egg on his face' about the 'fun, summer' type of vibe IF it comes out in regular timeframe.. also then, you have the point about (supposedly) it being release in Dive Bar's lifetime at radio- how long is that gonna last at radio... good questions to ponder

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Hey, Amazon updated the name of the album on its page from "Garth Brooks' New Album" to "FUN"

No other new info like a release date or anything like that, but hey, it's at least a little progress, right?

https://www.amazon.com/Pre-order-Gar...gateway&sr=8-1

Just thought I will keep the "FUN" thread alive.

I guess its about less than two months from its release date, I think its deserves to be talked about.

It is hard to talk about something you have very little information about. Everything seems focused on Legacy. I am wondering how many copies will have been made? As for FUN. Will he sell just stand alone or will he bundling it? Will it have a special edition? Will it ship 1 or 2 million copies (1 of stand alone and 1 of special edition if there is one). I can't wait but I hope there is a couple weeks between product. I need to get another boxed set and at least 2 individual sets. Then will work on FUN and then the many covers of Triple Live.

If I know Garth, it will be bundled.

I only hope there is a stand alone physical copy and he promotes the hell out of it, let it breath, release the thing in September, and give it eight weeks of full om promotion, then
    if he wants to do the bundle thing with Triple Live go for it.

if there's one thing that's fairly certain, or pretty well easy to pick up from Garth's 'past' ways of doing things... he won't be doing the release of fun 'exactly as we want it'... it'll be handled his way..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    if there's one thing that's fairly certain, or pretty well easy to pick up from Garth's 'past' ways of doing things... he won't be doing the release of fun 'exactly as we want it'... it'll be handled his way..
    I'll be shocked if there isn't a first edition (with maybe a bonus track or two) bundled up with something else (maybe Triple Live).

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    I'll be shocked if there isn't a first edition (with maybe a bonus track or two) bundled up with something else (maybe Triple Live).
    If Garth follows what he's done in the past (well, at least going as far back as Sevens I think)... you'll def. see some sort of 'limited edition' cover at least... I'd be happy w/ that esp if there is a bonus track or two as you mention-

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    I’d actually be fine with that. My fear is that it’ll also be bundled with the same The Chase and In Pieces CDs that are in the Legacy set. It’s not that Garth bundles the new stuff, it’s that he usually bundles it with some form of the old stufff.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    I’d actually be fine with that. My fear is that it’ll also be bundled with the same The Chase and In Pieces CDs that are in the Legacy set. It’s not that Garth bundles the new stuff, it’s that he usually bundles it with some form of the old stufff.
    You are so right. It’ll be with something old.

Just give me a deluxe version of FUN and I will be happy. But if the tracks that have been released so far are the highlight, then this will be my least played GB album next to Fresh Horses.

Reading the latest reviews for Fun at Amazon, there's been a few people that are bringing up, that the price is too expensive for so few songs, maybe Amazon and Garth
    need to put out there, that more songs will be added.

+ Reply to Thread