+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Fun to be released End of Summer/Start of Autumn

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    Well we are into September and still nothing on FUN or Triple Live. I guess he is going for bigger numbers by selling the Legacy set. If he sells the 3 boxed set I guess that is 42 items versus 1 for FUN and 3 for Triple Live. I guess it is selling somewhat. It keeps going up and down in the rankings on Amazon. I wonder how it is doing at Target and Best Buy. You'd think there would be a hint of advertising. I bet for Black Friday there will be a big push to sell the rest of the numbered copies. I think I brought this up before. A radio station posted a photo right before Garth announced Legay and said that they had a box set mailed to them and they were supposed to give it away. Whatever happened to that. Never heard another word. So that means Garth had unnumbered sets already. I wonder how many of each he is having produced. How high did the numbered sets go and how many un numbered sets were made? We see the Oct 1 date approaching fast. I am thinking of ordering a second boxed set and oneextra box to have a copy of the albums to play.Getting closer. So if he sells 1 million boxed sets and certifies the back catalog I wonder where his numbers will be on Neilsen sound scan and RIAA.?
    You wonder a lot!

seriously though- I think we're at a stage where we need to just breathe and let it happen.... let things occur w/ Garth as they occur.. speculating and stressing too much about his numbers and released timings will only make things worse.. for us.. (not him)
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

LOL. I know I wonder a lot. Blame it on my dialysis and foot infection. I have nothing to do but read or wonder. I am stuck at home in bed or in front of computer. Plus I have been working on my collection and get bored with nothing new. I am trying to just let it happen. But I am bored. :-) Plus he keeps us in the dark.

He did say he would have some announcements to discuss on next Monday's Studio G. That could just be the Tennessee Stadium stop, the next Dive Bar stop, and/or the Dive Bar video(s), and may have nothing to do with Fun and TL.

As I've said before, he's CLEARLY laser-focused on Legacy right now. And although I personally wish he'd be more focused on the new stuff rather than the old stuff, Scott is right that he's just going to do what he's going to do, and so there's no use in getting bent out of shape or upset about it. Fun and TL will come when they come.

With regard to the ponderings about how many Legacy boxes were made, I am guessing he made 1 million of each box, so 3 million total units. I'm also guessing that a certain portion of those (maybe half) were designated as being numbered, with the rest being unnumbered. Another possibility is that more than a million of each box were pressed, and that the first million were designated as being numbered, since with a 6 digit numbering system (00-00-00), the most you could produce would be 999,999.

Whatever the number is, it's significant that he's mentioned a few times that all produced sets, numbered or not, have been spoken for. That means that every single one produced will be "shipped" from the outset and can therefore be certified immediately for RIAA purposes, whether they actually sell or not.
    Last edited by Emerald Isle; 09-05-2019 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Another possibility is that more than a million of each box were pressed, and that the first million were designated as being numbered, since with a 6 digit numbering system (00-00-00), the most you could produce would be 999,999.
    Not to quote my own post, but this actually brings up an interesting question. With being able to pick your own number, what happens if only 500,000 "numbered" sets were produced, but someone picked 99-99-99, or 77-77-77 as their number. Having one of those numbers implies that at least that many sets were produced, right? Would it be weird if you had 77-77-77 but the next lowest number was 09-05-19?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    With regard to the ponderings about how many Legacy boxes were made, I am guessing he made 1 million of each box, so 3 million total units. I'm also guessing that a certain portion of those (maybe half) were designated as being numbered, with the rest being unnumbered. Another possibility is that more than a million of each box were pressed, and that the first million were designated as being numbered, since with a 6 digit numbering system (00-00-00), the most you could produce would be 999,999.

Whatever the number is, it's significant that he's mentioned a few times that all produced sets, numbered or not, have been spoken for. That means that every single one produced will be "shipped" from the outset and can therefore be certified immediately for RIAA purposes, whether they actually sell or not.
    If this wasn't a vinyl release I'd agree 100% that he had at least a million shipped of each box, however, I don't think that is what has happened here and I'll tell you why. Take a look at this article.

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/201...cy-collection/

In the article the big headline is that Garth passes 1 million in vinyl sales, but if you read the article it states that he has sold over 142,000 boxes. This means he has to move about 850,000 more boxes of VINYL just to get to 1 million!!! I just can't see 1 million of each box happening.

As I said in another thread there are 2 reasons for that.

#1 - He made the big huge push with the numbers and combined 3 box sets at $100. I kind of feel like the majority of people that REALLY wanted these sets purchased them in one of the initial windows.
    #2 - This is VINYL! It is a niche format. There were only 16.8 million vinyls sold last year in all formats of music combined. And Garth is not necessarily the hipster crowd, that buys most vinyls, kind of thing.

I think he, at most, has made up a million boxes (in total). That would move every album up 1 million units and Triple Live up 3 million. The other thing to think about is if all the albums in the box are close to certification he wouldn't have to ship half a million or a million. It could be much less if several albums are within a few hundred thousand copies and need a bump. It depends on what he has up his sleeve.

And yes, I totally agree that it is significant they are all spoken for. There is your shipment to get his certification number he is after.

That has been what I was thinking. Plus he did that radio thing where he sent completed boxes to give out. So those were unnumbered. So how many of those were produced. Does he have the unnumbered already ready but won't release them until the numbered sets are mailed? It is interesting that Nov. 1 is a Friday, the day new music is released. So maybe you will be able to purchase the boxed set at Target or Best Buy before the mailman delivers the numbered sets. Or maybe we will get our numbered boxes early. As was mentioned above, it boggles the mind if he really produced 3 million Legacy sets that are numbered and he could have produced 3 million unnumbered. I won't do the math but 6 million times 42 is a lot of albums. RIAA will be using their calculators. And Neilsen Sound Scan will see a big jump if the set is selling great. Especially with the holiday season and Black Friday approaching. Which brings up the question...with the Legacy set coming out before Black Friday, does that mean he will drop Triple Live or FUN on Black Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    If this wasn't a vinyl release I'd agree 100% that he had at least a million shipped of each box, however, I don't think that is what has happened here and I'll tell you why. Take a look at this article.

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/201...cy-collection/

In the article the big headline is that Garth passes 1 million in vinyl sales, but if you read the article it states that he has sold over 142,000 boxes. This means he has to move about 850,000 more boxes of VINYL just to get to 1 million!!! I just can't see 1 million of each box happening.

As I said in another thread there are 2 reasons for that.

#1 - He made the big huge push with the numbers and combined 3 box sets at $100. I kind of feel like the majority of people that REALLY wanted these sets purchased them in one of the initial windows.
    #2 - This is VINYL! It is a niche format. There were only 16.8 million vinyls sold last year in all formats of music combined. And Garth is not necessarily the hipster crowd, that buys most vinyls, kind of thing.

I think he, at most, has made up a million boxes (in total). That would move every album up 1 million units and Triple Live up 3 million. The other thing to think about is if all the albums in the box are close to certification he wouldn't have to ship half a million or a million. It could be much less if several albums are within a few hundred thousand copies and need a bump. It depends on what he has up his sleeve.

And yes, I totally agree that it is significant they are all spoken for. There is your shipment to get his certification number he is after.
    Agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    That has been what I was thinking. Plus he did that radio thing where he sent completed boxes to give out. So those were unnumbered. So how many of those were produced. Does he have the unnumbered already ready but won't release them until the numbered sets are mailed? It is interesting that Nov. 1 is a Friday, the day new music is released. So maybe you will be able to purchase the boxed set at Target or Best Buy before the mailman delivers the numbered sets. Or maybe we will get our numbered boxes early. As was mentioned above, it boggles the mind if he really produced 3 million Legacy sets that are numbered and he could have produced 3 million unnumbered. I won't do the math but 6 million times 42 is a lot of albums. RIAA will be using their calculators. And Neilsen Sound Scan will see a big jump if the set is selling great. Especially with the holiday season and Black Friday approaching. Which brings up the question...with the Legacy set coming out before Black Friday, does that mean he will drop Triple Live or FUN on Black Friday.
    I sure hope he drops Fun and Triple Live this year!!

+ Reply to Thread