+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth Brooks Eugene

Garth Brooks Eugene

Been watching some clips on Twitter, gotta say, I love the design of that Stadium, the stands seem so so close to the field!!

Also watching a few clips, notice no electric guitar played by g during Baton Rouge. Checking setlist.fm where was no studentology/musicology. Wondering if he is trying stuff that works and don't work out still. Love when he sings other folks song. Garth at the Dan Fogelberg tribute a few years back singing "There's a Place in the World for a Gambler" just blows you away.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    I was at that show! (the dan fogelberg "tribute" in colorado- actually it was the CMHOF induction show, and Garth was inducting Fogelberg..) (he sang phoenix actually as his song, and did 'there's a place in the world for a gambler' as the leader of all the different artists who were there....

Eugene sounds like a great show- somewhat epic sounding housecleaning (12 songs) (wonder if some were just snippets)..
    acc. to setlist.fm 1 more song than the denver show in the main set...

Same opener (all day long) as every show since Gainesville. Looks like "the road I'm on" is not going to be the opener this tour as states a while ago )

first three songs- same since Gainesville till current show (oregon)

No Music 101 (at least not that's been put up on setlist.fm yet).. did play Shout! .. . interesting...
    still, sounds like a great show...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    No Music 101 (at least not that's been put up on setlist.fm yet).. did play Shout! .. . interesting...
    still, sounds like a great show...
    I've seen Bruce play that several times with the E Street Band, but never Garth. Any idea if he's played that before, and how long it's been?

I know he played it at Obama's inauguration in Jan 2009. I've heard him play it other times though I can't think of where off hand.. Not at a live concert though

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

The song was played in Newark in December 2017. https://www.nj.com/entertainment/mus...ows_in_25.html

I'm pretty sure he did it at least once more during that tour.

Quote Originally Posted by gbfevernorway View Post

I'm pretty sure he did it at least once more during that tour.
    He also did it in Tacoma, WA in November 2017.

Bob Bailey helped with "Shout". He is from Oregon. The movie "Animal House" was filmed at UO, and "Shout" was a prominent scene in that movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI4WMsXJeZQ

BTW- Autzen is dear to my heart. In 1982, I was 14 years old and saw Bryan Adams, Sammy Hagar and Journey there for a festival. It was HOT and the staff was using fire hoses on the audience and well, I saw a LOT of college girl's "assets" on display. It was a great start to my concert-attending career. Even Kiss and Nickelback couldn't get that much skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Garthmedic View Post
    BTW- Autzen is dear to my heart. In 1982, I was 14 years old and saw Bryan Adams, Sammy Hagar and Journey there for a festival. It was HOT and the staff was using fire hoses on the audience and well, I saw a LOT of college girl's "assets" on display. It was a great start to my concert-attending career. Even Kiss and Nickelback couldn't get that much skin.
    hehe for a 14 year old kid that must of been heaven.

Hey everyone. I know none of you know me but I've been coming here daily since before Man Against Machine came out. I figured I should start being active haha.

I was at the Oregon show this weekend. What a great time. The choir during We Shall Be Free and Shout was fun and reminded me of when he did it on the This Is Garth Brooks Too special. He said that We Shall Be Free and Shout were both recorded for Triple Live. I'm a little confused since We Shall Be Free but he definitely said they were using both songs so I guess he plans on replacing the version that's already on it? We'll see.

He also had confetti and streamers shoot out from the top of the stage at the end of Friends In Low Places. He said they built it specifically for this show so I guess they won't be using it again but it made for some awesome pictures.

Great housekeeping as well. It's the longest one I've seen since his world tour in 1998.

Quote Originally Posted by handinhand12 View Post
    He also had confetti and streamers shoot out from the top of the stage at the end of Friends In Low Places. He said they built it specifically for this show so I guess they won't be using it again but it made for some awesome pictures.

Great housekeeping as well. It's the longest one I've seen since his world tour in 1998.
    First off welcome!!! Enjoy the planet, dig in, get ya feet wet and contribute!!

from what I've seen, gotta agree on the housekeeping! Sounds like it was epic! (and 1-2 songs longer than Denver!!)

What did the streamers/confetti look like at your show? I'm a bit skeptical of Garth's 'built it specifically for this show' line, but only because they did the same thing (not said it, but fired off confetti and streamers) in Denver. Garth even looked at the pic and commented on it on the next ISG...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Yeah see, when he said it at the show I doubted it as well. It shot out from above the lights on all four sides at the top of the stage. When he said it I remember wondering if it was actually true or not because it seemed like a lot to do for one show haha.

was there a special color (like green/yellow) to the confetti?

It did the same thing (all 4 sides) in Denver, though with the wind the confetti blew all OVER the stadium- was kinda cool

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    I've seen Bruce play that several times with the E Street Band, but never Garth. Any idea if he's played that before, and how long it's been?

I saw him do it a few times on the last tour. Robert Bailey (one of his BGVs) was part of the band in the infamous Animal House scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    was there a special color (like green/yellow) to the confetti?

It did the same thing (all 4 sides) in Denver, though with the wind the confetti blew all OVER the stadium- was kinda cool
    Nope no special color or anything. Just white. I don’t know. It sounds like it wasn’t special to our show but Garth definitely said they built something specifically for that show that wouldn’t be seen again. And the next song he did was FILP with the confetti, which was basically the end of the concert so I figured that’s the thing he was talking about. I can’t think of what else was different for our show.

+ Reply to Thread