+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dive Bar

Just came to post this!

DIVE BAR - WATCH IT EXCLUSIVELY ON MYSPACE

This is so cool.

Live recording of the song at the first Boise concert, which will be their first performance of the song.

Did he say Blake is opening for him or just open (as in his schedule) and flying out to sing with Garth?

And see, this is how I know I'm still a huge Garth fan despite all my complaints and frustrations with how he runs his business and the constant repackaging of the 90's stuff --- when he starts talking about new music, I still get so excited!! Can't wait to hear this and hopefully we get the full album next month as has been alluded!

Will the video be the concert performance I wonder?

Cool, Ive always liked Blake Shelton's music, I think he is a fun artist.

So if the single will be released to Radio on July 18th, Im guessing we can expect the album around that time?

I say about 4-6 weeks after that. Let radio play the song and mention the new album coming out, build up the hype.... hopefully!

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post

So if the single will be released to Radio on July 18th, Im guessing we can expect the album around that time?
    June 18th.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post

If the single is being released on June 18 i would think the album would be out around August or September.

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    If the single is being released on June 18 i would think the album would be out around August or September.
    I thought the latest rumor was that the album will come out (at least digitally) on Amazon Prime Day, which is usually mid July.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    I thought the latest rumor was that the album will come out (at least digitally) on Amazon Prime Day, which is usually mid July.
    it very well could. I just take rumors on the internet with a grain of salt.

I really hope we don't have to wait another two-three months after "Dive Bar" premieres for the new album. For God's sake, we're coming up on the one year anniversary since "All Day Long" was released!

Finally Garth on Spotify? I can't imagine Blake Shelton accepting this song not being available digitally. But if it is not a real duet, Garth may own all the rights and keep it from reaching the channels where music is consumed these days.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    I gotta wonder- am I the only one who's excited to hear garth on new music, happy it's not a TY/GB duet this time , but honestly kinda 'meh' about blake shelton's involvement? Guess I'll have to take a wait and see approach with this one...

who knows....
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Remember when Blake first came out with Austin, such a great tune and great vocal, who'd thunk it fall so far so fast with regards to quality material.

Still since he still has his pipes, this could be good.

And I hope Mark Miller has learned to produce in the years since Gunslinger but not too hopeful.

Teaser here. Definitely a nice country feel to this one. https://www.kfdi.com/2019/06/17/gart...JHFnxXVX7CRMZQ

Sounds OK, I was expecting something "peppier" but this can work.

I like it. Sounds like a lot of fun, actually. Has it been said yet whether those who pre-ordered the album on Amazon will get this track tomorrow? Or is it radio only for a little bit?

ehh.. first listen.. hard to hear how this is a 'Garth song' and not a 'blake song' where garth just happened to sing a few lines- but there's more to it tomorrow I'm certain.

def. sounds radio friendly... Garth prob. needs that a bit with Blake's name attached to it.. will be fun to hear the whole thing....

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    ehh.. first listen.. hard to hear how this is a 'Garth song' and not a 'blake song' where garth just happened to sing a few lines- but there's more to it tomorrow I'm certain.

def. sounds radio friendly... Garth prob. needs that a bit with Blake's name attached to it.. will be fun to hear the whole thing....
    Remember, Blake is the hot one on radio right now. Not Garth. Shoot, I saw Hardy open for Florida Georgia Line this past weekend. Hardy wrote Blake's current song God's Country. When Hardy mentioned Blake's name the crowd went crazy. So if Garth has to ride Blake's coat tales on this one to get back to the top, I'm ok with that. It'll better set him up for the single he releases after this one, and his new album. But we only heard a very small clip of the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    Remember, Blake is the hot one on radio right now. Not Garth.
    as little as I actually listen to Country radio right now (what's passing for hit music there, including blake, is largely crap..) yeah I'm aware Blake's the hot one..

So if Garth has to ride Blake's coat tales on this one to get back to the top, I'm ok with that. It'll better set him up for the single he releases after this one, and his new album. But we only heard a very small clip of the whole thing.
    exactly- we've heard very little . like I said , there's more to it I'm certain.. could end up being more like Whatcha gonna do w/ a cowboy, a decent duet in its own right...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I like it's sound, I think the whole song going to be a great listen.

I'm hoping tonight on Studio G... he gives his Studio G family a bigger taste.

Quote Originally Posted by nyyankfanken View Post
    I'm hoping tonight on Studio G... he gives his Studio G family a bigger taste.
    we didn't 'get a bigger taste on the show tonight at all. but did talk about it a lot, said it would be on 'fun', did play a snippet that's different from what I've heard today... . kinda inferred it may be released on prime day with a video.... (and maybe 'fun' too.. .. that could be wrong, but it sounded like it to me)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

A lot of fun! I could see this one being really successful for the summer.

https://vimeo.com/342960845

I love it! I was worried when the duet with Blake Shelton was announced, but this is classic Garth.

Dive bar first impressions

at least at beginning, I can her what Garth meant while talking about this song about how Blake’s and his voice sound alike

honestly? It’s not TOO bad… could be better..

I can see the ‘summer anthem’ type of feel and thought to it..

It also does have a slight feel of ‘BEER Run’ to me (at least from about 1:20-1:30 and 1:40-1:55 of the song)

it’s not too bad.. it’s just SHORT… . song clocks in about 2:34 on the radio it sounds like…

I dont know if it’s the hit Garth will be thinking, but having blakes’ name attached to it will help… It’s more Garth than Blake (IMO) at first listen..

I'm also sure the ISG messages (the ones that will be allowed through anyway) are going to be fawning all over it..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Listened to it three times this morning. Itís the same problem with PLP, I could barely understand Garth. Not sure if itís the production or maybe heís in a higher key but something is off.

Quote Originally Posted by copinark View Post
    Listened to it three times this morning. It’s the same problem with PLP, I could barely understand Garth. Not sure if it’s the production or maybe he’s in a higher key but something is off.
    I had a bit of that too on first listen/second listen... he does sing fast/mumbles a bit

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Well I love it!! Great, fun song!!

+ Reply to Thread