+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Dive Bar

Just gave it a first listen and it isn't bad. I might even like it after I listen to it more.

(At the same time, I am kinda annoyed that so many songs are about drinking. It often feels to me, as if drinking is being promoted and that you can't have fun if you don't drink. And I know from experience that this is not true. This is of course my "problem" and it has nothing to do with Garth or Blake. LOADS of country songs are about drinking and although I like some of the songs, it always annoys me a little that it has to be about drinking again.)
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

Going to be honest I am loving this song the more I listen to it. I hated he was doing it with Blake Shelton but they are great together. If country stations actually play it this song has a good chance at #1. After stronger then me and all day long I had lost hope on this album but now I am excited. Still dont understand why it has not been added to the amazon album of fun I pre ordered a year ago

Quote Originally Posted by nyyankfanken View Post
    If anyone needs a copy of Dive Bar please let me know
    I would love a copy

Quote Originally Posted by Lowland_Kid View Post
    Just gave it a first listen and it isn't bad. I might even like it after I listen to it more.

(At the same time, I am kinda annoyed that so many songs are about drinking. It often feels to me, as if drinking is being promoted and that you can't have fun if you don't drink. And I know from experience that this is not true. This is of course my "problem" and it has nothing to do with Garth or Blake. LOADS of country songs are about drinking and although I like some of the songs, it always annoys me a little that it has to be about drinking again.)
    The few times I saw him on his comeback tour, Garth was more about the crowd enjoying their drinks during songs like Two Pina Coladas and FILP. I don't remember him being that way in the 90s when I saw him. It was more about having a good time versus the emphasis on the beer. But, that's the time we live in now. Not a big deal. Just an observation to your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    JUST a thought that may be way off- did you capture things the exact same way with BLLDAD and PLP?

I wil say, for all the talk about country radio.. the country stations in Denver- where Garth just was.... have played dive bar a fat ZERO times today.. have not heard it at all
    The songs were on the Bobby Bones show each time I heard them. Once I got the album they were clearer. I may just be going crazy. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    Still don’t understand why it has not been added to the amazon album of fun I pre ordered a year ago
    I think he said it would be added to amazon sometime in the first week of July or something like that.

I finally heard it a couple of times. I'm not impressed. Certainly sounds more like a Blake song than a Garth song.

My wife was annoyed by how it's not in either singer's voice range. Especially Garth's! I still think it's catchy after you've heard it a few times.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    My wife was annoyed by how it's not in either singer's voice range. Especially Garth's! I still think it's catchy after you've heard it a few times.
    I agree!! It's catchy- was kinda hesitant, then listened more... now it's a song that's sticking in my head a lot.. great little ear worm!
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Billboard says it's the highest debuting song for Garth since More Than A Memory!

Second biggest debut of the year behind ‘Beer Never Broke My Heart’ by Luke Combs, which debuted one spot ahead at 15.

Where can i see the charts?

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    Where can i see the charts?
    I signup for the weekly billboard update newsletter but you should be able to go to billboard.com. Country Music Airplay

Amazon's announced Prime Day as July 15 and July 16 (so, 2 prime days? )

Maybe Garth is gearing up for FUN's release? who knows.. Dive Bar's video should be set to start streaming then , I think... (if I remember right)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Amazon's announced Prime Day as July 15 and July 16 (so, 2 prime days? )

Maybe Garth is gearing up for FUN's release? who knows.. Dive Bar's video should be set to start streaming then , I think... (if I remember right)
    Here's hoping!

That will be brilliant if there is only another three weeks or so until the new album.

This is probably old news to some folks, but the track titles of Trisha's new album are up on iTunes, and there's a new duet with Garth called "What Gave Me Away". Her album comes out August 30. Would Garth release his new album in the same month as Trisha's or shortly after?

i would doubt he would release his album when she releases her album.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    This is probably old news to some folks, but the track titles of Trisha's new album are up on iTunes, and there's a new duet with Garth called "What Gave Me Away". Her album comes out August 30. Would Garth release his new album in the same month as Trisha's or shortly after?
    It wouldnt be before hand, or shortly after, Im guessing late September- early October for the new album. I also don't think we will be getting the stand alone Triple Live released this year, I think thats going to be
    early next year. (thats okay, because we still have the fanmix which was brilliant.)

Im not sure if he will do another push on "The Legacy" vinyl thing during November.

Awesome though, that there is a duet with Garth on Trisha new album.

So is this being released tomorrow or what? Is anything Garth related coming out on Amazon Prime Day?

Quote Originally Posted by pudge104 View Post
    So is this being released tomorrow or what? Is anything Garth related coming out on Amazon Prime Day?
    Garth said wed be able to stream the song on prime day on amazon !!
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    Good find! That's a special moment for that crowd. It seems the song as brought to life to Garth this summer.

heres' another look from a diff. camera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHdBUXokm9I

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

The song is growing on me. I like this version on Billboard.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...-first-time-at

lol - unless I'm mistaken, that's literally the same video (links to same video in article) that was already posted by duckstreet

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    The song is growing on me. I like this version on Billboard.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...-first-time-at

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Dive Bar re entered the charts this week at #29. Let's see if it will gain since Blake Shelton's song is no longer #1.

Dive Bar is still somewhere in the 20s...

But Blake Shelton is about to release ANOTHER diet to radio soon ...

A duet with Trace Adkins . Hopefully radio keeps playing Dive Bar .
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Dive Bar is still somewhere in the 20s...

But Blake Shelton is about to release ANOTHER diet to radio soon ...

A duet with Trace Adkins . Hopefully radio keeps playing Dive Bar .
    It seems to keep dropping. Is Garth doomed to only one #1 single after his retirement??

Well...it's actually up three spots to 24 this week. Trisha's song is up 3 spots too.

+ Reply to Thread