+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Self-imposed hiatus

Self-imposed hiatus

In light of events that happened yesterday, I've been doing some cooling down and thinking about my actions that happened. The past few years from 2015 to now, I've been too combative, angry, and not respectful to others viewpoints within this group. And last night I've been doing some thinking and I've come to the conclusion that I think it's in the best interests of everyone on this site that I take an indefinite hiatus from Planet Garth for the foreseeable future. I don't know when I'll return and I don't know if I'll even return for when the new album and Legacy collection comes out, but I will return eventually when I feel ready for it.

In closing, I wish to extend an apology to all of those I've offended these past few years, hurting people here was not my intention, but for the sake of being pragmatic, I ended up doing so anyway and for that I am very very sorry. Thank you all for your understanding in my decision and God Bless You.

P.S. If this is the wrong place to post this, feel free to move to the appropriate channel.

I'm not going to remove it, but I am asking you to reconsider. People will never agree on everything. shit happens. It is the internet- which can be wonderful or poisonous. You get to choose. You will be missed.

We’re all just fans with opinions. And since we’re a smallish group, we’re the fans with some of the strongest opinions. I understand if you want to take a hiatus for your own sake, but if you’re doing it for anyone else here, then please reconsider.

You should stay, I never found you posts combative at all.

Hey, the community is better with you here. We all say things we regret and we are all guilty of being jerks (me included). It’s all good and I personally hope you stick around.

Totally agree with Emerald above.

Stay it isn't worth leaving. We aren't always going to agree. I know I probably bug people since I am a collector and love any Garth product released. I am also rooting for him and his numbers, I buy lots of cds for gifts for friends and family. I even like MAM. The CD has grown on me after numerous listening's. That's my go to gift right now. So don't let stuff bother you. We are here to discuss Garth. :-)

I just went to see what you were talking about and didn't see anything bad. However, I did the same thing back in Oct. because I got too frustrated with an issue. I think you have to see this forum in the big picture of things. It really is great for news about Garth you don't get in other places. Or at least you get it here first many times. But sometimes you have to stay away from the disagreements so you don't take them personal. We're all human.

You’re probably already gone and won’t read this till you come back, whenever that may be, but I’ve always agreed with your posts, your frustrations, and your anger. Please reconsider. You’re among family here.
    ~"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide."~
    ~"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."~
    -Garth Brooks

+ Reply to Thread