+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Been Quiet : Beatles versus Garth, who will do better this year?

Been Quiet : Beatles versus Garth, who will do better this year?

Been quiet so I thought I'd throw this topic out there. The Beatles will be featured in the film YESTERDAY and I assume a soundtrack will be released. Garth has Legacy, Triple Live and FUN being released.
    So, will the movie help sell the soundtrack and catalog for the Beatles? Will stadium tour and three new items help Garth's catalog?
    I see Garth doing better overall since he has three items coming out. Beatles just have the soundtrack.
    But could they do better with catalog sales?
    I am kinda interested how Garth will do. Beatles will start things off in June. Garth will have to wait untill fall but has a head start on Legacy sales and FUN pre orders.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    ehh good question.. I'll admit I've not really dug into the #'s on this as I could have.. Garth vs the beatles.. where do they really stand overall head to head.. will Garth do better ? I'm almost gonna have to say beatles, as well, they can't exactly focus on touring.. they can focus on sales. Garth's got a tour to manage as well
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I love Garth (obviously) but the Beatles deserve to own that title

They always put out classy sets, pour tons of money into their video releases (see the 1+ Blu Ray for a perfect example) and still have an air of prestige when they release a new title.

The Beatles also have the 50th Anniversary boxed set of Abbey Road coming out this year (which is one of the biggest and most highly acclaimed albums ever), and so I expect they will destroy Garth in sales this year. Beatles just have a much wider worldwide audience, and they are not sticklers about YouTube, iTunes, or anything, so all of that gets counted. They will also release the boxed set on vinyl, CD, digitally, it will be streamed on all major streaming services. Garth will sell his stuff on … Amazon. And that's it.

And then there will be the bump in sales of the Beatles' catalog from the Yesterday movie.

So yeah, I think the Beatles will beat Garth easily this year.

The Beatles will slaughter Garth, It wont even be close. I mean it wont even be bought up by the media, it's simply not a competition.

As Stated by Emerald Isle, ther 50th Anniversary Boxset, the soundtrack to the Movie, the movie coming up (looks a great movie) there will be another surge in Beatles mania.

They will sell the soundtrack on all platforms, they will be all over social media, the Boxset will be available everywhere.

Its not just Garth that will be be beaten by them, it will be artists from a ll genres.

And then we have Garth's handling of his CD's.

He will talk of legacy, but considering people have all ready ordered it, I dont think there is going to be a significant wave of people buying it, who haven't already ordered it.

Triple Live is already in the legacy set, Im sure he will make it avaaible with the new album also (but only if you sign up to Amazon prime) now if you order triple live from talk shop live
    there will probably be another song added on it.

Now it will also probably be an exclusive from Target but only if you buy Trisha's new album and cookbook from there.

and so on and so on.

What Im trying to say, its going to be one big huge mess, and people are going to have to jump thru hoops to buy triple live.

Same thing with the new Studio Album, there will be various ways (thru amazon)to buy it, but it will get confusing with what you
    are getting and how to get it.

And this is what hurts Garth sales.

I mean look at the ways you could buy Gunslinger.

How may stand alone copies did Gunslinger actually sell????

Im guessing 50K to 100K??

Garth will continue to sell out Stadiums , because he is the best touring artist in HISTORY!!!!

But the way he handles how you can purchase his albums is horrific, but it will eb done in a way (exclusive orders, multi box sets) that the numbers get an
    artificial boost.

Actual soundscan numbers (actual sales) for the standalone triple Live will probaly reach 250K for its entire run.

Actual soundscan numbers for the NEW ALBUM may reach 120K for its entire run.

And its all because of how Garth's sells his albums to the public and his stubbornness about digital.

His Boost to his RIAA numbers (shipments though) will probably be 20 million.

Its not just the beatles that will outsell (soundscan) him this year, its a ton of artists.

I keep going back n forth on this. Garth has been number 1 in sales on soundscan which started in 1991. The last update I saw earlier this year had Garth leading 73 million to the Beatles 68 million. Beatles lead RIAA stats with 183 to 148. It is so hard to gauge how sales and other stats will count. Garth has streaming on Amazon but doesn't release numbers. He has presale of FUN, the Legacy boxed set. Will ne interesting what figures will be released. When he updates RIAA numbers he has a couple albums that haven't been certified in years, Christmas Together hasn't been counted. Hope he cleans house and gets his numbers updated.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I keep going back n forth on this. Garth has been number 1 in sales on soundscan which started in 1991. The last update I saw earlier this year had Garth leading 73 million to the Beatles 68 million. Beatles lead RIAA stats with 183 to 148. It is so hard to gauge how sales and other stats will count. Garth has streaming on Amazon but doesn't release numbers. He has presale of FUN, the Legacy boxed set. Will ne interesting what figures will be released. When he updates RIAA numbers he has a couple albums that haven't been certified in years, Christmas Together hasn't been counted. Hope he cleans house and gets his numbers updated.
    Good points, he needs to release all his numbers, soundscan and RIAA, then we will know where he is at!!

Brett Dale excellent post and agree 100%.
    Garth has 200 million or more in the bank, biggest selling solo artist of all time, he will go down as greatest performer ever and his legacy is cemented. Why does he still fill the need to try and sell things like he does and piss off his fans? I will never understand the YouTube thing. Just the other day I was having a discussion with someone about more then a memory being one of the best videos I ever seen, she had never seen it. I look on YouTube and itís not there of course. Told her sorry I donít have the time to drive home get my DVD and DVD Player, bring them back and find a TV so she can see it. I have found lots of artist or songs on YouTube I never heard about so he is making a mistake there.
    As far as the Beatles I either donít get them or am too young to understand why they are so loved. I asked my mom if she liked the Beatles when I was a kid and swear she looks at me and says son we are an Elvis house lol.

+ Reply to Thread