+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The next Thing Vinyl only for Garth?

The next Thing Vinyl only for Garth?

Pretty interesting press confence from Pitt. https://www.facebook.com/CBSPittsbur...DY5NjE3NDgyOQ/

I guess we will be getting Garth on vinyl only for some music or maybe all music? During press conference, Garth made a comment about music not be streamed when it is vinyl. So I am thinking, what a way for Garth to release his music and not worry about streaming, downloads etc. Will be interesting to see where this goes.

I don't think that's exactly what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    I don't think that's exactly what he said.
    True but is an interesting option based on his past. Especially with stand on downloads and his feelings towards you tube.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    True but is an interesting option based on his past. Especially with stand on downloads and his feelings towards you tube.
    yeah what I took it was, Garth wont be hopping on youtube or signing up with itunes anytime soon.

I also took it, that even with amazon, it might just be physical copies in the future??? either Vinyl or CD.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I agree with him not going to YouTube because those videos can be pretty easy to rip and download to your hard drive and in turn creates piracy. I know some of you guys want him on there but I can understand why he doesn't want to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    Pretty interesting press confence from Pitt. https://www.facebook.com/CBSPittsbur...DY5NjE3NDgyOQ/

I guess we will be getting Garth on vinyl only for some music or maybe all music? During press conference, Garth made a comment about music not be streamed when it is vinyl. So I am thinking, what a way for Garth to release his music and not worry about streaming, downloads etc. Will be interesting to see where this goes.
    Anyone notice the tid bit around the 25 min mark about Trisha’s tour? I’m pretty sure he says they’ll be shutting things down for fall and re-emerging in the spring. Does he mean the tour?

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    This might be an unpopular opinion, but I agree with him not going to YouTube because those videos can be pretty easy to rip and download to your hard drive and in turn creates piracy. I know some of you guys want him on there but I can understand why he doesn't want to be there.
    There's no reason for singles that are released to radio not be allowed on Youtube. Zero.

Or I should say there's no good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    yeah what I took it was, Garth wont be hopping on youtube or signing up with itunes anytime soon.

I also took it, that even with amazon, it might just be physical copies in the future??? either Vinyl or CD.
    I haven't listened to the press conference, but if he's really going back to only physical media in the future (meaning no more digital), then I just don't know. Is what it is, I guess. And although it wouldn't really affect me since I'll always buy the CD over a lossy download, I still think it's an asininely arcane, bullish, and silly position to take. It'd be tantamount to refusing to sell CDs at Walmart in the 90's. You can take that position if you want, but it's not advisable if you care at all about sales. But whatever. I guess that's the luxury you can take when you own your own masters and label.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    I haven't listened to the press conference, but if he's really going back to only physical media in the future (meaning no more digital), then I just don't know. Is what it is, I guess. And although it wouldn't really affect me since I'll always buy the CD over a lossy download, I still think it's an asininely arcane, bullish, and silly position to take. It'd be tantamount to refusing to sell CDs at Walmart in the 90's. You can take that position if you want, but it's not advisable if you care at all about sales. But whatever. I guess that's the luxury you can take when you own your own masters and label.
    I was going to say something in this thread, but you pretty much said it all. Ha!

I listened to the press conference and it doesn't sound like he will replace digital with physical ...I think he was just saying there are alot of people (which there are) in this generation who are enjoying listening to music on vinyl !

There's room in the market for physical and digital music and Garth knows it.
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

+ Reply to Thread