+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Is Legacy the Diamond Series with a new name?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    825

    Is Legacy the Diamond Series with a new name?

    So I've been thinking about this lately. As we know, Garth has a tendency to really hype up and talk about projects long before any details are revealed.

    Triple Live - We have all been waiting almost 2 years (that was the first mention of the album) for the entire, standalone Triple Live to be released with all tracks and all covers and it looks like it will be the end of the year before that happens.

    Fun - We've been waiting on the new album ever since a pre-order went up literally 11 months ago and we don't even have an official release date.

    However, the Legacy Collection seemingly came out of nowhere. Yes, he mentioned vinyl on a couple of occasions, but it moved very quickly compared to the rest of his projects. This makes me think it may just be The Diamond Series and he decided to rename it. Although information was scarce the big selling point for the Diamond Series was that you would get bonus tracks (housekeeping was once mentioned) on the previous albums. Well the CDs in this collection are being touted as having bonus tracks. (Of course, until we see these "bonus" tracks I'm not sure just how "bonus" they really are.) I'm just thinking this may be the Diamond Series with a new name.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,787
    an interesting possibility certainly...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    825
    Part of me wonders if it was going to be called The Diamond Series, but maybe he didn't get The Chase/In Pieces to Diamond like he thought before it was time to start putting the project together. At that point he could have easily changed gears and decided to change the project up. I'm not trying to be cynical, but The Chase, In Pieces and Fresh Horses are the 3 albums he has that are closest to Diamond certification. No Fences is close to Double Diamond, and of course, you have to add Triple Live to beef up the units for a new album.

    Just a thought.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    LA/Long Beach area
    Posts
    2,098
    Interesting thought. But no Garth Brooks, the Hits...etc. Aren't included in the Legacy series. So it was a good idea for the Diamond Series but he decided to get No Fences to Double Diamond and The Chase and In Pieces to Diamond. Smart Move. I am wondering if he will work on Ropin the wind next. Personally I would have liked him to release Garth Brooks in vinyl for the 30th and go from there. I think he is looking at numbers and wants to be the first over 200 Million. But in the soundscan era, he is the top seller with 60 something million and would like to be the first over 100 million. He is pretty close and leads the Beatles and Metallica by around 5 million sold. A million plus already for Legacy on Nov. 1 or Oct 2. Then sales from Fun maybe 200,000 plus, same for Triple Live. Add some Christmas Together and if he pushes The Chase and In Pieces and some of his new fans pick up the original CDs....Lots of potential. But we have to see what happens. Garth can't control soundscan but he can manipulate RIAA numbers.
    Now if I was doing things to up numbers, I'd bundle a Tour Edition of Fun. Add a few songs to it like Michael Buble. Bam,lots of sales. Then start individual sales of vinyl and label them part of the Legacy collection. Have a bundle of his Christmas albums on sale at Holiday time, the duet album with his wife that they are supposedly recording at the Ryman or wherever.
    Then to top it off, a infomercial hawking his catalog much like the Time/Life books.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Posts
    321
    I think the diamond series is not going to happen. I really wish Garth would hire me as his advisor so I could do it right for him. The problem is he either has idiots working for him, yes men that are afraid to say this is a stupid ideal or Garth is that out of touch with the times.

    - On the 30 year mark he should have dropped a anthology book for just that album with a dvd of concerts from that time, tv appearances and award shows he was on. You can also drop the vinyl same year but only if that album. Boom easy and everyone is ecstatic.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    825
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    Interesting thought. But no Garth Brooks, the Hits...etc. Aren't included in the Legacy series.
    I don't think The Hits is going to be included in anything considering the masters were buried under his Hollywood Star.

    As far as Garth Brooks not being included, it is clear that is being held back to hype the sales for the next Legacy box set so he can put Garth Brooks, Ropin' The Wind and Sevens to help carry the next box. That is my belief anyways.

    This is just purely speculation, but I wonder if the Diamond Series was going to be a box, or multiple boxes, and his thought was the first one would have all Diamond Albums. Since The Chase and In Pieces never got there I think he may have rethought the project and figured it was a good way to combine vinyl. He definitely maximized it because if you bought a box in the presales your going to get 6 copies of each album included.

    Who knows, I could be totally wrong and the Diamond Series could be something completely different. This just came out kind of quickly compared to the long, drawn out hype of Triple Live, the new record, the Anthology Series, etc.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    825
    Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    The problem is he either has idiots working for him, yes men that are afraid to say this is a stupid ideal or Garth is that out of touch with the times.
    I think it is evident Garth is going to do what Garth is going to do and no one is going to tell him otherwise. I'm not saying it is always wise or I always agree with him, because I don't, but I think it is clear he's in charge of how this all goes down.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    So I've been thinking about this lately. As we know, Garth has a tendency to really hype up and talk about projects long before any details are revealed.

    Triple Live - We have all been waiting almost 2 years (that was the first mention of the album) for the entire, standalone Triple Live to be released with all tracks and all covers and it looks like it will be the end of the year before that happens.

    Fun - We've been waiting on the new album ever since a pre-order went up literally 11 months ago and we don't even have an official release date.

    However, the Legacy Collection seemingly came out of nowhere. Yes, he mentioned vinyl on a couple of occasions, but it moved very quickly compared to the rest of his projects. This makes me think it may just be The Diamond Series and he decided to rename it. Although information was scarce the big selling point for the Diamond Series was that you would get bonus tracks (housekeeping was once mentioned) on the previous albums. Well the CDs in this collection are being touted as having bonus tracks. (Of course, until we see these "bonus" tracks I'm not sure just how "bonus" they really are.) I'm just thinking this may be the Diamond Series with a new name.
    I agree, in fact Im 99% sure that this is the diamond series but with a new name.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    LA/Long Beach area
    Posts
    2,098
    Well Legacy made it to the million mark.

    https://musicrow.com/2019/05/garth-b...EDvfr4if_sJKAo

    I wonder how it will go at retail. And will he release Legacy to retail before the numbered copies arrive?

    I don't know but Garth seems to have a handle on the numbers portion. It may p!$$ us off at the lack of new material and so many versions but he is #2 seller. You all know I don't mind because I am a collector of his product. I love the music but love having the product to add to my collection. But great job Garth. 1 Million vinyl is great. I just hope it makes the charts when it is officiall released.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    I think the diamond series is not going to happen. I really wish Garth would hire me as his advisor so I could do it right for him. The problem is he either has idiots working for him, yes men that are afraid to say this is a stupid ideal or Garth is that out of touch with the times.

    - On the 30 year mark he should have dropped a anthology book for just that album with a dvd of concerts from that time, tv appearances and award shows he was on. You can also drop the vinyl same year but only if that album. Boom easy and everyone is ecstatic.
    Garth has always done what he wants. This is no exception.

  11. #11
    I hope everyone is happy with their boxes! I passed on it since I don't listen to vinyl and I have multiple copies of the CD's in the set (except for Fresh Horses).

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by CER956 View Post
    I hope everyone is happy with their boxes! I passed on it since I don't listen to vinyl and I have multiple copies of the CD's in the set (except for Fresh Horses).
    I passed on it as well. However, I do want the vinyl. It was just too much of a circus show for me. I'll wait until they're on the shelf in a local box store. I'll pick it up then.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts