+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The World Tour

Does anyone else ever have media conferences for concert announcements? There's a concert announcement next week for Cork in Ireland. The artist will be in attendance. Could it be himself?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    Does anyone else ever have media conferences for concert announcements? There's a concert announcement next week for Cork in Ireland. The artist will be in attendance. Could it be himself?
    wow, that would be cool, if it was Garth, do you know what day next week? Fingers crossed for all the Irish people here. Is their a link?
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 09-11-2019 at 01:26 AM.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    While I suppose anything's possible, unless Garth has gotten REALLY good at keeping things hidden/a secret, etc.. he's let NOTHING slip that I I know of, not of anything happening.. This may sound cruel (don't really mean it to) but I wouldn't get your hopes up..
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    wow, that would be cool, if it was Garth, do you know what day next week? Fingers crossed for all the Irish people here. Is their a link?
    Next Monday. From what I read, artist in attendance with interviews afterwards. I don't know who else does this.

Next Monday. From what I read, artist in attendance with interviews afterwards. I don't know who else does this.
    cool!!!

Is their an Irish web site that is talking about this?

cool!!!

Is their an Irish web site that is talking about this?
    Nothing yet, just saw it on a news website.

There's an Irish band that's tipped to play, Westlife, but that's a band, not artist. They made their comeback this year and they never had an media announcement like this for their comeback.

There's Bruce Springsteen, but he plays here every few years. Would he fly in and do a press conference like it's something big.

I can't think of anyone else. Ed Sheeran is taking a break, Michael Bublé is busy on tour next week, Lewis Capaldi is in America on tour.

Nothing yet, just saw it on a news website.

There's an Irish band that's tipped to play, Westlife, but that's a band, not artist. They made their comeback this year and they never had an media announcement like this for their comeback.

There's Bruce Springsteen, but he plays here every few years. Would he fly in and do a press conference like it's something big.

I can't think of anyone else. Ed Sheeran is taking a break, Michael Bublé is busy on tour next week, Lewis Capaldi is in America on tour.
    Without getting people from Ireland, hopes up, it does seem like a Garth thing to do. Maybe there was a clue on the last studio G, something in the
    background.

Last edited by SoCalGarthFan; 09-11-2019 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    I don't understand all the hype they are making over this. Westlife has already said they were going to tour next year as well.

https://www.corkbeo.ie/culture/music...major-16899050

GB is on the list of speculations from the newspaper.

It ain't Garth. I do not understand why the article starts by ruling out Westlife, merely because they are playing in Hyde Park the day before. Last time I checked, London is at most a 1 hour flight from Cork, Ireland, so it's not exactly on the other side of a continent.
    Last edited by SoCalGarthFan; 09-12-2019 at 03:53 PM.

It's more likely that Garth will climb his bus to sing FILP, than he will announce concerts in Cork. But Garth do like to make a hype on the concerts he makes, and like to be at hand for the announcement of concerts. Please prove me wrong, Garth.

(What, Garth climbed a bus?? Yes, he did on May 15th 1997. https://www.rte.ie/archives/2014/012...o-wickow-1997/ )

I so hope for the people of Ireland, it is Garth, I dont think its going to be a world tour, but it will be nice for the Irish, if garth can get over there.

Call it damage control, call it explanations, call it what ya will, Garth's already interviewing about it- I can't, (or maybe I refuse?) to believe that he is this naive about things..

https://www.wate.com/news/garth-broo...sCM5CSATe-i4RA

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Call it damage control, call it explanations, call it what ya will, Garth's already interviewing about it- I can't, (or maybe I refuse?) to believe that he is this naive about things..

https://www.wate.com/news/garth-broo...sCM5CSATe-i4RA
    I agree, its just happen too many times with Garth now, he must have a team of people who have some idead on how many tickets he will sell per venue.

I mean it's Tennessee for Pete's sake, he must of known. He cant say, "I didnt think I would sell this many tickets" when he has done for the past five years.

Does ticketmaster have this problem with other artists???

Also if Garth didnt think he would sell that many tickets, why the hell would he hold a concert at a 100K plus venue?
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 09-13-2019 at 08:44 PM.

He only did 3 shows for their arena, which doesn't add up to the 109,000. So I understand if he had doubts at this show and wanting the stadium to look full...

Is their a time given for the press conference on who is the major artist that will play in Ireland in 2020? It says monday morning in an article, any idea
    of the actual time?

A media outlet is predicting westlife, the medias been wrong before.

I guess we will know soon, the people who do the flight tracker thing, will know earlier, if Garths plane is flying to Ireland, then we know its
    him.

Fair enough from Garth. Just did a search and it came up with an old news item from 2014,
    That Garth's plane is currently on route to Dublin, so it must be him announcing a concert in Croke park.

So I went to the flight tracker webpage and this came up..

This aircraft (N810GT) is not available for public tracking per request from the owner/operator.

Again, fair enough from Garth. I guess it got back to him that the media was tracking his plane.

A media outlet is predicting westlife, the medias been wrong before.

I guess we will know soon, the people who do the flight tracker thing, will know earlier, if Garths plane is flying to Ireland, then we know its
    him.
    Honestly, I think that West life thing is probably more accurate. This is going to be another example of people on PG getting overhyped, overspeculated, and then disappointed when Garth is not person that is the focus of a press conference etc.

Honestly, all of the hype and all the speculation will continue to lead to disappointment. It’s best not to let it get that Far isn’t it?

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Honestly, I think that West life thing is probably more accurate. This is going to be another example of people on PG getting overhyped, overspeculated, and then disappointed when Garth is not person that is the focus of a press conference etc.

Honestly, all of the hype and all the speculation will continue to lead to disappointment. It’s best not to let it get that Far isn’t it?
    I guess in a way, if there ambiguous hints though, then I think its fair to guess.

Not going to be Garth. The show is intended along shows from other artists at other venues to be part of the entertainment for EURO 2020. (a european soccer tournament)
    No way they're bringing Garth out for that.

well thats what i read anyway at an Irish music message board.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 09-14-2019 at 09:40 PM.

Its WestLife. They just tweeted out, "Major Announcement monday"

As I said above....

"Honestly, I think that West life thing is probably more accurate. This is going to be another example of people on PG getting overhyped, overspeculated, and then disappointed when Garth is not person that is the focus of a press conference etc.

"

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

As I said above....

"Honestly, I think that West life thing is probably more accurate. This is going to be another example of people on PG getting overhyped, overspeculated, and then disappointed when Garth is not person that is the focus of a press conference etc.

"
    There wasn't any hype or speculation. Just a couple of Irish articles about who the act might be. At this point, I see no reason for anyone outside the U.S. to get excited or even speculate. He has his reason(s) for not wanting to perform outside the U.S., and that's that.

I'll probably be planning my own trip to Europe, the 3rd to see Bruce in the last 10 years. Last time was in 2013, when I saw 2 Shows in Ireland and 1 in Northern Ireland. There's a rumor he might play Slane Castle, and if he does, I'm definitely going to try and make that one.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    There wasn't any hype or speculation. Just a couple of Irish articles about who the act might be. At this point, I see no reason for anyone outside the U.S. to get excited or even speculate. He has his reason(s) for not wanting to perform outside the U.S., and that's that.
    approx. 20 posts by 6 diff. people from PG about the "concert" poss. between 9/10 and now... taking out the 2 posts I contributed still gets that #.. yes, there was some 'hype' or 'speculation' SoCal.... not a lot, but some...

you are right though- I wouldn't do too much speculating, he has his reasons.. guessing at what they are is futile..

I'll probably be planning my own trip to Europe, the 3rd to see Bruce in the last 10 years. Last time was in 2013, when I saw 2 Shows in Ireland and 1 in Northern Ireland. There's a rumor he might play Slane Castle, and if he does, I'm definitely going to try and make that one.
    Maybe not a popular opinion but Bruce.... . YAWN.. (for me).. some good songs, but not worth going that far to see. . go for it though may be a great trip!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread