+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The World Tour

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    I don't know if Garth has 'given up' on Ireland- every time I've heard him talk about it, you see a 'light' in his eyes and a connection w/ the people. I think honestly, he was embarrassed, and hurt and the debacle that was the attempted concerts at croke park took a large chunk out of his ego..

Garth's current plan that I know of is to have 36 cities in the US(and canada), as well as support/be with TY on her tour. . I wouldn't look to see him in Ireland any time soon... IMO
    36 cities? He's only played a few this year. By the looks of things he's not going to be starting back until sometime next year. So a 5 year tour by the looks of it.

Next year will be 6 years since the whole mess. He says he wants to come back. I keep holding out for hope but not so sure anymore.

Has Garth done 10 concerts in stadiums this year?? Maybe he will do ten a year?

Ten in 2020, ten in 2021, Im guessing there will be a handful of dive bar shows a year also.

But hes going to cut back when TY tours, go on tour with her (not to sing, buy support)

Pretty sure, he probably wont go back to Ireland, and he certainly wont do a world tour like he did in 1994.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    36 cities? He's only played a few this year. By the looks of things he's not going to be starting back until sometime next year. So a 5 year tour by the looks of it.

Next year will be 6 years since the whole mess. He says he wants to come back. I keep holding out for hope but not so sure anymore.
    I don't know if he's changed his thought process on the whole thing but:

I believe it was originally 30 or 36 concerts/stadiums on a 3 year tour, before doing anything else.. (or before going outside usa (and now Canada)..)

Garth did state on ISG last week that there would be at least one more stadium show this year...

Things change, Garth changes his mind, (or he's as clueless as he lets on during ISG sometimes, I'd hope that's not the case), other factors figure in...

I think the debacle in dublin (croke park catastrophe, (sorry can't come up with other possibilities at moment) did a number on Garth a lot more than he'd be willing to admit, and honestly? Not the FANS per se, but some in power, etc. over in Ireland are in some ways at least partly directly responsible for Garth not having gone back there since the comeback

here's to hoping a world tour is out there for y'all... but I'm not guessing it's imminent
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I don't know if he's changed his thought process on the whole thing but:

I believe it was originally 30 or 36 concerts/stadiums on a 3 year tour, before doing anything else.. (or before going outside usa (and now Canada)..)

Garth did state on ISG last week that there would be at least one more stadium show this year...

Things change, Garth changes his mind, (or he's as clueless as he lets on during ISG sometimes, I'd hope that's not the case), other factors figure in...

I think the debacle in dublin (croke park catastrophe, (sorry can't come up with other possibilities at moment) did a number on Garth a lot more than he'd be willing to admit, and honestly? Not the FANS per se, but some in power, etc. over in Ireland are in some ways at least partly directly responsible for Garth not having gone back there since the comeback

here's to hoping a world tour is out there for y'all... but I'm not guessing it's imminent
    I dont see a world tour at all, I do see him getting back to Ireland for some concerts though.

I dont think he is clueless as comes across, I think he knows what is happening, but I do think he has an idea,
    he wants to put it out there, and then he doesnt go through with it.

I think the next couple of years will be like this year, with being on the road with Trisha when she tours. (maybe not to perform, but support)

Like Skywise said I think the Ireland debacle killed his ego and because of that, I don't think i'll be going back anytime soon but I could be wrong. I see him for the foreseeable future playing when he wants to and supporting Trisha .

It's finally arrived. The day when it has become more likely that Trisha will do a concert outside the U.S. rather than Garth.

And I assume Trisha is going to have more U.S. shows in 2020, because there are no states West of Texas on the Fall schedule.

Ye4ah I think its more likely that not only Trisha but Allie is more likely to do a concert outside the US/Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Ye4ah I think its more likely that not only Trisha but Allie is more likely to do a concert outside the US/Canada.

I met Garth in December 2017 and talked for a few minutes about the Ireland issue. He wanted to come back in 2018 and in his words "The same guy shot it down" meaning Owen Keegan of Dublin City Council wasn't prepared to bend and allow the 5 concerts in Croke Park. This is the red line for Garth, it's still 5 Shows in Croke Park or nothing so the original stand off hadn't changed (up until then at least) He said he would try again in 2019 and 2020 and if they allowed the 5 concerts to take place he'd be back in Ireland.

He described performing in Ireland as an almost religious experience for him so I guess your faith can be tested sometimes!!

Quote Originally Posted by djryan View Post
    I met Garth in December 2017 and talked for a few minutes about the Ireland issue. He wanted to come back in 2018 and in his words "The same guy shot it down" meaning Owen Keegan of Dublin City Council wasn't prepared to bend and allow the 5 concerts in Croke Park. This is the red line for Garth, it's still 5 Shows in Croke Park or nothing so the original stand off hadn't changed (up until then at least) He said he would try again in 2019 and 2020 and if they allowed the 5 concerts to take place he'd be back in Ireland.

He described performing in Ireland as an almost religious experience for him so I guess your faith can be tested sometimes!!
    /Hmm.... sounds in a way like it's Tim Tebow thing.. . (let me explain )

Tim Tebow would be playing in the NFL right now, if he wasn't stubborn abut having to be a QB... If he'd agreed to a position change, he'd have been playing and been successful, also getting a chance at times I bet at QB..

Garth would be playing in Ireland (acc. to djryan's statement) I bet if her wasn't so stubborn about having 5 shows... it's a situation where there's blame at the feet of the Irish people/workers/council/etc... AND at the feet of Garth, who's stubborn and sounds ike not wanting to compromise

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Wow didnt know that the only way he will get back to Ireland is if they give him five shows at croke park.

Im guessing hes not getting back to Ireland, because I dont think they will allow him to do five shows. Also with all thats happen, lets say
    they agreed and tickets went on sale, would he still sell out 5 shows?

Im also guessing his mindset is, he has to do Ireland first before he plays anywhere else outside USA/Canada.

Wow didnt know that the only way he will get back to Ireland is if they give him five shows at croke park.

Im guessing hes not getting back to Ireland, because I dont think they will allow him to do five shows. Also with all thats happen, lets say
    they agreed and tickets went on sale, would he still sell out 5 shows?

Im also guessing his mindset is, he has to do Ireland first before he plays anywhere else outside USA/Canada.
    Yeah, Zero chance they'll grant him 5 shows. They wouldn't do it then, and nothing has changed. I seriously doubt he could sell out 5 nights at Croke Park anymore, but since they would never approve that many, he need not worry about having to achieve that demand.

He's moved on. Only the fans overseas care anymore whether he plays there. He's over it. Like I've said before, if he had ANY desire whatsoever to play outside the U.S./Canada, he would have done so by now. He even knows that the excuses and promises to return he threw out are meaningless at this point, which is why he never discusses the subject anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    Yeah, Zero chance they'll grant him 5 shows. They wouldn't do it then, and nothing has changed. I seriously doubt he could sell out 5 nights at Croke Park anymore, but since they would never approve that many, he need not worry about having to achieve that demand.

He's moved on. Only the fans overseas care anymore whether he plays there. He's over it. Like I've said before, if he had ANY desire whatsoever to play outside the U.S./Canada, he would have done so by now. He even knows that the excuses and promises to return he threw out are meaningless at this point, which is why he never discusses the subject anymore.
    Have to agree, I dont think he could sell out the five shows anyway. He knows he would never get permission. Your correct that is why he never brings it up, which I think it's a good thing,
    instead of saying "I want to, but I just cant get it done"

He's happy in the fact, that hes done a massive arena tour, can sell out stadiums in North America 10-12 shows a years, throw in the dive bar shows, and maybe the odd appearance with Trisha,
    and he's happy.

He's happy in the fact, that hes done a massive arena tour, can sell out stadiums in North America 10-12 shows a years, throw in the dive bar shows, and maybe the odd appearance with Trisha,
    and he's happy.
    So could a great # of other artists. It's just disappointing that that is enough for him. Every other performer that can, takes it as a positive that they could go outside of their home country, and play to folks who have wanted to see you perform for years and years.

The fact he hasn't done it since his comeback, shows that not only is it not a priority for him, it really is quite unimportant. It's sad because one would think he would welcome the chance to broaden his "legacy" by attracting an even wider audience by playing some shows outside the U.S.

It is clear that while he has and will continue to do things his own way, he intends to keep things as simple and easy as possible during the remainder of his career. So while we keep thinking back to the run of sell out shows he did in England back in the 90's, and how Central Park must have been the biggest thing he's ever done, when Garth says that now, he's referring to a concert at Notre Dame Stadium. And playing to adoring crowds in England is so 1990's.

In many ways, and like most of his setlist, we're stuck in the past as fans, expecting amazement from everything he does. I'm not saying he's delivering nothing, it's just IMO that it doesn't hold the same excitement as what he did 20 years ago.

So stop comparing everything to 20 years ago. How many times do I have to say it. It's not the 90's anymore. Why is he so hell bent on doing 5 shows. Isn't that how many shows they allow for the entire year?
    Last edited by wimpy77; 08-26-2019 at 11:32 PM.

So could a great # of other artists. It's just disappointing that that is enough for him. Every other performer that can, takes it as a positive that they could go outside of their home country, and play to folks who have wanted to see you perform for years and years.

The fact he hasn't done it since his comeback, shows that not only is it not a priority for him, it really is quite unimportant. It's sad because one would think he would welcome the chance to broaden his "legacy" by attracting an even wider audience by playing some shows outside the U.S.

It is clear that while he has and will continue to do things his own way, he intends to keep things as simple and easy as possible during the remainder of his career. So while we keep thinking back to the run of sell out shows he did in England back in the 90's, and how Central Park must have been the biggest thing he's ever done, when Garth says that now, he's referring to a concert at Notre Dame Stadium. And playing to adoring crowds in England is so 1990's.

In many ways, and like most of his setlist, we're stuck in the past as fans, expecting amazement from everything he does. I'm not saying he's delivering nothing, it's just IMO that it doesn't hold the same excitement as what he did 20 years ago.
    Agree, I actually think for music historians its going to be a black mark against Garth's name. That one of the biggest names in USA music history, only ever
    did one World Tour (1994).

Lets face, there is no reason for him not to play outside The US/Canada. It can be done and done quickely. Hell we have some artist who fly in to New Zealand on the day
    of their concert and fly out the same night. Its not like hers going have to be a week or two in any country, or the Logistics are just too hard, he just doesnt want to,
    which I find is quite weird.

As an artist I thought it would be amazing for him to fly to Japan and play the Tokyo dome or play Stadia France or go and play in Russia where Billy Joel play.

It would be a different type of audience and reaction than he gets in the states as he discovered in 1994.

He could even play smaller type venues. I think hes missing out on something special.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 08-26-2019 at 11:39 PM.

As an artist I thought it would be amazing for him to fly to Japan and play the Tokyo dome or play Stadia France or go and play in Russia where Billy Joel play.

It would be a different type of audience and reaction than he gets in the states as he discovered in 1994.
    Baby steps. He won't even play England, so mentioning him in the same breath as an artist like Billy Joel who has played places like Japan & Russia, is kind of beyond the pale.

They can still do five concerts at Croke Park. If they didn't have any other concerts for the year. They have often gave licences for four concerts in one year. Five is just one more. One of the residents complaints in 2014 was that they also had to deal with 3 one direction concerts as well. Seriously five isn't all that much and if they can maybe spread the five over two weekends. Is that too much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    They can still do five concerts at Croke Park. If they didn't have any other concerts for the year. They have often gave licences for four concerts in one year. Five is just one more. One of the residents complaints in 2014 was that they also had to deal with 3 one direction concerts as well. Seriously five isn't all that much and if they can maybe spread the five over two weekends. Is that too much to ask?
    Could they spread over a big time period, say.. 2 in May, 2 in July, 1 in December.

Thing is, I dont see Garth in talks or trying to make it happen.

Could they spread over a big time period, say.. 2 in May, 2 in July, 1 in December.

Thing is, I dont see Garth in talks or trying to make it happen.
    I suspect the logistics of setting everything up & tearing it down again 2-3 times throughout the year might put them off pursuing this - although splitting them over a number of weekends is more doable (as long as they could leave the staging etc set up in between)

To be honest I dont think that it will happen. Garth seems hellbent on 5 shows or no shows and I dont see the Dublin council changing their mind anytime soon.

Its a shame if this one incident has been such a bad experience that there will be no further shows outside of North America, but if it has then so be it. Unfortunately the way Garth announces shows (with relatively little notice compared to other acts) means im Not likely to be able to take the trip across the pond to see him any time soon (vacation time has to be booked well in advance from work).

Still, weve got Ashley McBryde touring in Europe next month & were looking forward to seeing g her in London at the end of the month, so ill get a country fix then.

I am going to throw out my prediction about the last Stadium show of 2019.

Saturday October 19. Tiger Stadium. Baton Rouge, LA

I'm pretty confident that will be the date. Trisha has a long break in her tour before and after that weekend. Location is speculation based on his statement about this being the biggest stadium he's played at, and the fact it is available that weekend. Other factors I threw into the mix are that they play CBR before each game, and the stadium recently was granted the right to sell alcohol for the first time, and that will amount to significant revenue from the gig.

I am going to throw out my prediction about the last Stadium show of 2019.

Saturday October 19. Tiger Stadium. Baton Rouge, LA

I'm pretty confident that will be the date. Trisha has a long break in her tour before and after that weekend. Location is speculation based on his statement about this being the biggest stadium he's played at, and the fact it is available that weekend. Other factors I threw into the mix are that they play CBR before each game, and the stadium recently was granted the right to sell alcohol for the first time, and that will amount to significant revenue from the gig.
    Didnt he also say its going to be announced after labour day and before the next studio G??? Or am I confused.

Didnt he also say its going to be announced after labour day and before the next studio G??? Or am I confused.
    Yes, I'd expect an announcement either tomorrow or Thursday.

Knowing that anything can change garth wise, it'd be nice to have an announcement this week.. ya gotta wonder, if it's in the south at all- w/ the poss. of hurricane effected areas being close to or the actual concert venue- would he wait to announce? just thinking

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Knowing that anything can change garth wise, it'd be nice to have an announcement this week.. ya gotta wonder, if it's in the south at all- w/ the poss. of hurricane effected areas being close to or the actual concert venue- would he wait to announce? just thinking
    Tomorrow or Thursday, with an Onsale Friday September 13.

Not surprisingly I was wrong on both the date & location.

Final show of 2019 will be in Knoxville, TN on Saturday November 16.

hmm- at the stadium used primarily for the Univ. of Tenn. football games.. is this one on campus (I don't know the U of T campus..). ?

I guess I can see Garth's talking about it being the biggest stadium etc...

"The stadium's official capacity is 102,455."

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

it's in Knoxville. it's close to Nashville and sit a lot of people. Nice stadium for a show

it'll def be a nice area for a show, and yeah- it'l pull a lot of people from the area.. I'd say no problem selling out this one!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

100K seat stadium for football, Im guessing with people on the floor, he may get 110K, that would be his biggest crowd for a concert??? (outside of central park)

I think he did 3 arena shows last time he was here...

+ Reply to Thread