+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The World Tour

The World Tour

I have not been visiting Planet Garth as much as I used to,so I`m a little out of touch when it comes to Garth news.
    Was just wondering,what happened to the announced World Tour?

Garth did a North American Tour from 2014 to 2017.
    In 2018 he didnt tour, but he did a handful of shows. He announced a three year stadium tour of North America.
    The Stadium tour of North America will run for three years. 2019-2022. The stadium tour has started.

After the stadium tour he will play Honky Tonks (Bars, Pubs) in the USA.

Thanks for the reply,Brett. Did he announce a world tour a few years back or am I just remembering that wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by no_fences80 View Post
    Thanks for the reply,Brett. Did he announce a world tour a few years back or am I just remembering that wrong?
    Yeah he announced a world tour in 2014, but he sold out to many shows and the tour went way longer than expected so he cancelled the world part of the tour,
    and just did North America.

He doesn't care about his fanbase outside the U.S. & Canada. It's been more than 20 years since he played in Europe, so it's safe to say he has no interest in performing over there anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    He doesn't care about his fanbase outside the U.S. & Canada. It's been more than 20 years since he played in Europe, so it's safe to say he has no interest in performing over there anymore.
    Okay that was rude and uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    Okay that was rude and uncalled for.
    I don’t think it was rude - maybe a little abrupt?

Garth’s teased shows time outside of North America many times over the last 25 years and nothing’s come close to happening bar the aborted Croke Park dates. Given how that debacle played out i’m not terribly surprised that he hasn’t made an effort to return.

Coupled with some of the box sets (Legacy & BIAOMR for example) and TV specials not being made available worldwide seems to indicate that exposure outside of North America is not a priority.
    Last edited by AcrossTheWater; 04-24-2019 at 07:37 AM.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Hmm.. He doesn't care about his fanbase? I think that's a very short sighted, and honestly not correct statement.. I fully understand that 'actions speak louder than words' when it comes to showing this, with touring etc. but from what I've seen in interviews, inside studio G's... to say he doesn't care? not true. are there reasons he's not played overseas? certainly.... "safe to say he has no interest?" I doubt that- look at the way he lights up when talking about ireland.. even though it was at Notre Dame, the "fighting irish" as it were, look at the way he he lit up singing part of ireland in house cleaning- def. a love for that country in his singing..

I'd say it's more likely than not that things that he doesn't have a lot of control over factored into his not playing overseas..

The Ireland debacle affected Garth I wager far more than he'd let on. be it actually upsetting him, or just embarrassing him and making him look bad.. I hate to say it, but I think Ireland screwed Ireland in that case

just my thought but backed up a bit more evidence wise than just saying "he doesn't care"

now, outside exposure /touring not being a PRIORITY? that's likely- face it- the majority of his fanbase is in north america... like it or hate it... it's the case

that also doesn't mean Garth doesn't care.. just means you play to where your strengths are... his 'strengths' fanbase wise are in North America...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

And throwing it out there he didn't tour the US for many of those years too, just Vegas, which many Americans didn't or wasn't able to afford to go see...

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    And throwing it out there he didn't tour the US for many of those years too, just Vegas, which many Americans didn't or wasn't able to afford to go see...
    Very true- I priced out a ticket for Garth’s Vegas show, and between airfare, hotel, ticket to show, we were talking almost 5-600 for one person to go... at time of residency, having two small kids and a wife and responsibilities at home, wasn’t able to go

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I didn't say he doesn't care about his fanbase, I said he doesn't care about his fanbase outside North America. I'm not surprised that there are those who will continue to defend him here. Defending the indefensible seems to be the norm these days in America. 5 years from now, when he still hasn't played overseas, he will still be given cover with various excuses.

Circumstances outside his control? Really? In the last 5 years, there have been zero opportunities to pop over and do some shows? His N.A. shows went longer than expected, so what about the last year and a half? It certainly didn't impact the 3 Year Stadium Tour he drew up and began. We are talking about Garth Brooks, right? Circumstances beyond his control is not a valid excuse. I'm sure promoters and venues in Europe would crawl through the desert for a chance to book Garth.

And the best excuse, "his feelings were hurt." Oh....poor baby. Were those cancellations the fault of his fans? Are the 400K who purchased tickets, to blame for the shows not taking place? It was so nice that he went blah, blah, blah about how important it was to satisfy every single person who bought a ticket, and then he plays to NONE of them. Unless of course they were willing to spend money on airfare and such to travel to U.S. in the past 4 years, because it's far easier for his European fans that he cares about, to afford a trip overseas for a concert or two, than it is for him to go there once in the last 21 years. You want to take out his retirement years, fine, that still leaves the last 5 full years that he could have found a way to make something happen.

Sounds like somebody is being an immature brat.

No, that would be Mr. If You Won't Let Me Sell 400K Tickets To Croke Park, My Band & I Are Going To Stay Home, And Never Visit Your Continent Again.

My main issue has always been, Garth saying for years that he will tour, but making excuses that he couldnt, I would have no problem, if he came out and
    said he has no interest/plans in going overseas.

But for years he hinted he would, (even after the croke park thing) he talked of going back to where he played before, and going new places, he talked
    of festivals.

He then made excuses, (eg: expense of taking the show overseas, too many sold out shows, etc etc etc)

The fact is, its feasible for Garth to fit in overseas shows if he wanted to. He doesnt, and thats okay, but he shouldnt say "I wanted to, but we couldnt"

Im speaking post croke park again.

He shouldnt use that as an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    I would have no problem, if he came out and
    said he has no interest/plans in going overseas.
    Why do I have a slightly hard time believing this statement?

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Why do I have a slightly hard time believing this statement?
    Im serious, or perhaps maybe if I said "I would have LESS of a problem if he did this" would be more accurate.

Again the Issue with me is him calling his tour a world tour, saying he was going to tour, and then at the last minute NOT touring.

He got to call his tour a WORLD TOUR, without touring the world.

Again this was happening AFTER the croke park thing.

He talked of touring, but didnt.

Then he made EXCUSES and that's what really got me.

eg: costs, too many show in the USA, etc etc etc.

He said he wanted to, but he couldnt.

He stopped contact with overseas media (australian country station) comes to mind.

It was an excuse, and it came across that way.

If he wanted to tour overseas, he would, thats fine if he doesnt.

But he really really shouldnt put across, That he wants to, he just cant get it done.

Some people need to get freaking over it.

Garth Brooks in Oslo April 22nd 1994: "If people like what they see and we get invited back, you can bet we will show up."

People liked what they saw and I'm sure he has been invited back. I just hope that he will keep his word. Norway is most likely his second biggest market in Europe.

I have given up hope that he will return to Europe (Europe is not just Ireland!!). It truly saddens me and I have to be honest, it also makes me angry. Empty promises SUCK!

I am very thankful, that OTHER big names in country music are touring Europe.
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

Let's not get snippy with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowland_Kid View Post
    I have given up hope that he will return to Europe (Europe is not just Ireland!!). It truly saddens me and I have to be honest, it also makes me angry. Empty promises SUCK!
    Garth is very much the Master Of Spin. He'll say something is BIGGER than playing on the moon, then when he announces it, people will say, "huh?" He'll say an album is coming out soon, then it doesn't get released for months or even a year or more. But he'll do it all with a smile, and a friendly manner, so most people will just take it as exaggeration, and let it go. He would make an Excellent Politician, but why subject himself to actual criticism for things he says, claims or promises?

He addresses the issue a couple of times a year, and then it Never really comes up during his pre-concert press conferences, so it's really not something on his mind, otherwise he would talk about it at least occasionally. You know, his intense frustration at wanting to play for those 400,000 Fans, Many from Europe, who bought tickets to see his shows and were unfairly deprived by the few mean citizens near Croke Park. He would state all his "valid" reasons for not being able to set up shows in Europe for going on 5 years now. If he did that, people might start to put holes in his "reasons," so it is much better for him to avoid the subject altogether.

Garth is very much the Master Of Spin. He'll say something is BIGGER than playing on the moon, then when he announces it, people will say, "huh?" He'll say an album is coming out soon, then it doesn't get released for months or even a year or more. But he'll do it all with a smile, and a friendly manner, so most people will just take it as exaggeration, and let it go. He would make an Excellent Politician, but why subject himself to actual criticism for things he says, claims or promises?

"Sokath, his eyes uncovered"

you see it now.. his humanity... his faults... it happens... . happened to me just not too long after I joined PG actually,..... the rose colored glasses come off and the pedestal/altar cracks....

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I don't think he's the master of spin. It's just that the press let's him get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    I don't think he's the master of spin. It's just that the press let's him get away with it.
    "Sokath, his eyes closed"

perhaps not THE master.. (as if there could be one master of spin) but he's A master...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

No, that would be Mr. If You Won't Let Me Sell 400K Tickets To Croke Park, My Band & I Are Going To Stay Home, And Never Visit Your Continent Again.
    Yeah well if those bad apples didn't threat to incite riots over those concerts, we wouldn't be having this conversation now would we? So the fault is 100% ON THEM!!!

Yeah well if those bad apples didn't threat to incite riots over those concerts, we wouldn't be having this conversation now would we? So the fault is 100% ON THEM!!!
    What threat to incite riots? The only ones complaining were those who lived in the area surrounding Croke Park. A group of them put their full effort behind having the 5 show approval denied.

At the time, I as much as anyone supported Garth's decision, even though I had plans and tickets to see 3 of the shows. I also mistakenly believed, that Garth would eventually make things right. Surely, I thought, at some point during his comeback "World Tour," he would visit Europe.

Yeah, he'll probably eventually get around to fitting some Europe shows into his schedule. I think whatever enthusiasm there once was, has dissipated, now that he has been 5, going on 6 years since his return.

It's been awhile since I've been to Europe. But hopefully that will change next year, as there are rumors of a Bruce Springsteen Tour in the Summer supporting a new album. Perhaps there will be a miracle, and Garth will be over there at the same time in support of Fun. LOL!

I know that The Boot had an article on it but I can't find it
    Last edited by ElectricOutcast; 05-27-2019 at 10:57 PM.

I live in Dublin, there was no threat to incite riots, there was a threat of legal action by some locals with another agenda.
    There was a documentary on Irish TV tonight about it but I missed it. I'm sure it will be available online soon, I'll keep you posted.

Edit: it's up already, not sure if this is available outside Ireland

https://www.rte.ie/player/series/sca...id=IH000379359
    Last edited by djryan; 05-28-2019 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Link Updated

Are there any rumours for a 2020 concert in Ireland?

We're almost into September and it will be soon time to announce next year's outdoor concerts. Or has he completely given up on us?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    Are there any rumours for a 2020 concert in Ireland?

We're almost into September and it will be soon time to announce next year's outdoor concerts. Or has he completely given up on us?
    I don't know if Garth has 'given up' on Ireland- every time I've heard him talk about it, you see a 'light' in his eyes and a connection w/ the people. I think honestly, he was embarrassed, and hurt and the debacle that was the attempted concerts at croke park took a large chunk out of his ego..

Garth's current plan that I know of is to have 36 cities in the US(and canada), as well as support/be with TY on her tour. . I wouldn't look to see him in Ireland any time soon... IMO

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread