+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 91 to 102 of 102

Thread: The World Tour

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Beautiful Oregon..
    Posts
    5,005
    I agree.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    752
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    Still no Croke Park concert announced for next year... Maybe there's no one big enough to fill it and touring at the same time... Oh wait, Garth can get a guaranteed 3 nights. And then move on to do other stadiums in the country. A brand new stadium in Cork. A couple nights in Cork and Belfast would be great.
    We all know what Garth is capable of doing. There was a time I agreed with you, and thought doing several shows around Ireland was a good way for him to go.

    I just don't see that happening, nor do I think that he's going to do anything other than U.S. Stadiums until 2022, at the earliest. He really has no interest. I mean at this point, if he were any other artist doing so many concerts, he would be already going back for additional dates overseas. Heck, U2 felt badly enough about skipping Australia on their last 2 tours, that they scheduled a whole series of dates for this month, and are then hitting some even more obscure countries.

    Bruce Springsteen is planning on touring next year. Normally he does a quick run of U.S. Arenas, then heads to Europe for a couple of months at stadiums. He's certainly capable of selling out 2 nights at Croke. Not sure that is what he wants though, and he has played other stadiums in Dublin.

    The boards I follow usually get rumors about dates, but so far nothing, and people are speculating that Bruce, Inc. is waiting until he's far enough along on the new planned album, before locking anything down. Some are saying instead of doing a run in the U.S., he may actually start the tour in Europe around June, and that might be more complicated getting open venues, due to the soccer games that will have priority. Another theory is that he will do a few big venues, as opposed to a full Europe tour like he normally does, and then return in 2021. Croke would certainly fit that bill, and if those were the only Ireland shows he's planning for 2020, he would be able to sell out 3 nights there without a problem.

    There's simply a reason that Garth refuses to play Europe, or even just Ireland. He keeps things close to the vest, so we'll probably never know what reason(s) he has, but one thing is certain. All his explanations thus far do not hold water. It's really disappointing, given all his words about the fans when the Croke shows were cancelled. I still like his music, and love seeing him Live, but this situation has really opened my eyes in terms of Garth as a performer, and the image he tries to portray. How much is actually him, and how much is an image he's trying to portray?
    Last edited by SoCalGarthFan; 11-09-2019 at 09:57 PM.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,788
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    We all know what Garth is capable of doing. There was a time I agreed with you, and thought doing several shows around Ireland was a good way for him to go.

    I just don't see that happening, nor do I think that he's going to do anything other than U.S. Stadiums until 2022, at the earliest. He really has no interest. I mean at this point, if he were any other artist doing so many concerts, he would be already going back for additional dates overseas. Heck, U2 felt badly enough about skipping Australia on their last 2 tours, that they scheduled a whole series of dates for this month, and are then hitting some even more obscure countries.

    Bruce Springsteen is planning on touring next year. Normally he does a quick run of U.S. Arenas, then heads to Europe for a couple of months at stadiums. He's certainly capable of selling out 2 nights at Croke. Not sure that is what he wants though, and he has played other stadiums in Dublin.

    The boards I follow usually get rumors about dates, but so far nothing, and people are speculating that Bruce, Inc. is waiting until he's far enough along on the new planned album, before locking anything down. Some are saying instead of doing a run in the U.S., he may actually start the tour in Europe around June, and that might be more complicated getting open venues, due to the soccer games that will have priority. Another theory is that he will do a few big venues, as opposed to a full Europe tour like he normally does, and then return in 2021. Croke would certainly fit that bill, and if those were the only Ireland shows he's planning for 2020, he would be able to sell out 3 nights there without a problem.

    There's simply a reason that Garth refuses to play Europe, or even just Ireland. He keeps things close to the vest, so we'll probably never know what reason(s) he has, but one thing is certain. All his explanations thus far do not hold water. It's really disappointing, given all his words about the fans when the Croke shows were cancelled. I still like his music, and love seeing him Live, but this situation has really opened my eyes in terms of Garth as a performer, and the image he tries to portray. How much is actually him, and how much is an image he's trying to portray?
    Some well spoken words there overall!
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  4. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    We all know what Garth is capable of doing. There was a time I agreed with you, and thought doing several shows around Ireland was a good way for him to go.

    I just don't see that happening, nor do I think that he's going to do anything other than U.S. Stadiums until 2022, at the earliest. He really has no interest. I mean at this point, if he were any other artist doing so many concerts, he would be already going back for additional dates overseas. Heck, U2 felt badly enough about skipping Australia on their last 2 tours, that they scheduled a whole series of dates for this month, and are then hitting some even more obscure countries.

    Bruce Springsteen is planning on touring next year. Normally he does a quick run of U.S. Arenas, then heads to Europe for a couple of months at stadiums. He's certainly capable of selling out 2 nights at Croke. Not sure that is what he wants though, and he has played other stadiums in Dublin.

    The boards I follow usually get rumors about dates, but so far nothing, and people are speculating that Bruce, Inc. is waiting until he's far enough along on the new planned album, before locking anything down. Some are saying instead of doing a run in the U.S., he may actually start the tour in Europe around June, and that might be more complicated getting open venues, due to the soccer games that will have priority. Another theory is that he will do a few big venues, as opposed to a full Europe tour like he normally does, and then return in 2021. Croke would certainly fit that bill, and if those were the only Ireland shows he's planning for 2020, he would be able to sell out 3 nights there without a problem.

    There's simply a reason that Garth refuses to play Europe, or even just Ireland. He keeps things close to the vest, so we'll probably never know what reason(s) he has, but one thing is certain. All his explanations thus far do not hold water. It's really disappointing, given all his words about the fans when the Croke shows were cancelled. I still like his music, and love seeing him Live, but this situation has really opened my eyes in terms of Garth as a performer, and the image he tries to portray. How much is actually him, and how much is an image he's trying to portray?
    Great post, U2 came to New Zealand this weekend also. My Chemical romance and Iron Maiden are also coming here. I guess what Im trying to say is, artists from all genres, travel all over the world, it certainly isnt a logistic thing on why
    artists dont travel.

    Dont think we will ever find out why he doesn't want to play outside North America.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,788
    Dont think we will ever find out why he doesn't want to play outside North America.
    We may.... we may not

    Garth's ego was bruised and his feelings certainly hurt by the debacle in Ireland.. He has to save face somehow..

    What will not end though is people comparing Garth to other artists' when it comes to what he should do.. no matter what we think he SHOULD do be it touring, music, you name it... Garth's gonna do what he's gonna do, when it comes down to it...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  6. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    We may.... we may not

    Garth's ego was bruised and his feelings certainly hurt by the debacle in Ireland.. He has to save face somehow..

    What will not end though is people comparing Garth to other artists' when it comes to what he should do.. no matter what we think he SHOULD do be it touring, music, you name it... Garth's gonna do what he's gonna do, when it comes down to it...
    I bring the other artist thing up, because a lot of Garth excuses involve him saying Cost and logistics in touring overseas, but that excuse is BS, because other aritsts can do, and they dont all play huge venues.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    I bring the other artist thing up, because a lot of Garth excuses involve him saying Cost and logistics in touring overseas, but that excuse is BS, because other aritsts can do, and they dont all play huge venues.
    I gotcha brett- honestly it's not even so much people HERE that bring up the 'other artist' angle all the time- but. it IS something that's out there in garth Fandom..... There are def. a lot of excuses and logistics, but there's also a lot of BS in what he's doing/not doing overseas too.. I'd be surprised if there wasn't something to the idea that he still HAS to do things his way or he looks bad and he can't let himself look bad...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    752
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    We may.... we may not

    Garth's ego was bruised and his feelings certainly hurt by the debacle in Ireland.. He has to save face somehow..

    What will not end though is people comparing Garth to other artists' when it comes to what he should do.. no matter what we think he SHOULD do be it touring, music, you name it... Garth's gonna do what he's gonna do, when it comes down to it...
    I think what we're comparing to is the norm among artists of his stature. Yeah, so when your peers have been playing dates overseas for years and years and you don't, people wonder why not. Only compounded when reasons are given that make little sense, or saying that it's all about giving the fans their shows, when it 100% certainly is not about that at all. If it were, he would have found a week or two in the past 5 years to do at least a few European dates.

    And another reminder that the FANS that he supposedly loves and cares so much for, had NOTHING to do with the Ireland debacle. They bought 400K tickets, and some even protested the Croke decision. They did their part, and suffered their own embarrassment when the shows were cancelled.

    And if Garth's "ego" was really that hurt, I know of 400K ways that he could cure that by putting on some shows. That excuse sailed a couple of years ago when he wrapped his 3 year tour with essentially ZERO shows outside North America.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    777
    Sorry for making a wish here again, I probably should have dragged up the topic again. But if there's no Croke Park concerts for next year, I'll be very annoyed with Garth. He can surely pop over in between his 8 week break between concerts.

  10. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    Sorry for making a wish here again, I probably should have dragged up the topic again. But if there's no Croke Park concerts for next year, I'll be very annoyed with Garth. He can surely pop over in between his 8 week break between concerts.
    He could fit it in, he has no excuse left whatsoever, if he wanted to, This year he did 11 Stadium shows, not a huge work load. One could argue its basically semi retirement.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 11-11-2019 at 05:17 PM.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    752
    U2, Elton, Springsteen, Foo Fighters, Fleetwood Mac, and now rumors of the Rolling Stones in early 2020. All acts that have Toured Down Under. Don't they understand economics, and how costly it is to do shows there?

  12. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    U2, Elton, Springsteen, Foo Fighters, Fleetwood Mac, and now rumors of the Rolling Stones in early 2020. All acts that have Toured Down Under. Don't they understand economics, and how costly it is to do shows there?
    haha.

    Yep my chemical romance is coming to New Zealand , Iron Madien is coming to New Zealand , Green day came to New Zealand, Eminem came to New Zealand, The dixie Chicks came to NewZealand,
    Keith Urban has come to New Zealand, carrie underwood came to new zealand, U2 came to New Zealand, Drake came to New Zealand, Springsteen came to New Zealand, well you get the picture.

    And we are not landlocked, with australia, separate country, we only like have 5 million people, they all seem to be able to come here.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts