+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth Brooks Legacy and numbers question.

Garth Brooks Legacy and numbers question.

First good luck to those ordering in the third window, here are my questions.

Okay I understand how the RIAA counts thing, During the first window, Legacy I think was counted as 420K because of the number of records and CD's in each box, and people bought three Legacy boxes.

Now here's my question, there were actually 20K sold right in 18 hours.

Even if it didnt sell anymore, How come it didnt appear on the Billboard top 200 album charts?????

20K was way enough for it appear in the week's chart. Soundscan counted it right??? so if so, it
    shouldve made an appearance?

(These numbers shouldve seen it chart on Billboard)

From his webpage.

The first window opened February 28th 60,000 full sets of numbered Legacy Collection boxes SOLD OUT in 18 hours!

The second window opened March 14th 43,000 boxes SOLD OUT in 24 hours!

720,000 total vinyls SOLD OUT in the first two windows!

Don’t miss a chance to pre-order YOUR numbered Legacy Collection set!

But back to the RIAA, how will they end up counting this thing, if Garth wants to get it certified.

At the moment they have sold 103 thousand Full sets for 720 total vinyls (NOT COUNTING THE CD'S IN EACH BOX)

Lets say in the third window they sell another 30K boxes. (90K sets???????)

IM guessing that will take it to a Million vinyls, (not counting the CD's again)

First off its a massive amount of vinyl, but if they count it as some crazy numbers because of the cds, there
    might be some backlash, has anyone done the actual maths.

Am I wrong in thinking a Million added for each vinyl (for all albums) and a million added for each cd (for all albums)

Plus three more for triple live vinyl and three million more for triple live cd.

Could Garth get some crazy number like 20 million added to his total RIAA numbers, for something that has sold 100K??

Again though, selling 100K of his vinyl records is out of this world and should be celebrated.

I

Might not show up on the charts until it's actually released to stores and these presells are shipped out, which should be about the same time...

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    But back to the RIAA, how will they end up counting this thing, if Garth wants to get it certified.

First off its a massive amount of vinyl, but if they count it as some crazy numbers because of the cds, there
    might be some backlash, has anyone done the actual maths.

I
    Has there been a backlash for all the different ways the Beetles have sold albums?

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    Has there been a backlash for all the different ways the Beetles have sold albums?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    I’m guessing that is because the Beatles don’t put out a multi-disc box set every year in a blatant attempt to pad numbers. Plus since 2 members are deceased and they haven’t played a note of music together since 1970 all they can do is rehash old music. Garth has the option to do otherwise.

And just to be clear I am not saying the Beatles have not released a lot of multi disc compilations and box sets over the years. I’m a HUGE Beatles fan and know they have. When they have those releases they have usually been things that the fans have very much been demanding. The Beatles didn’t even put their entire catalog on CD until 1987 (a few years later than many acts) and they didn’t do a full remaster till ‘09. Fans were demanding that stuff. That is very different then putting out a multi disc box every year that no one is really asking for. To me that makes the vinyl set different. It is something people have been wanting.
    Last edited by rhd13; 04-12-2019 at 05:13 PM.

+ Reply to Thread