+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: April 12th 1989- april 12th 2019

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    April 12th 1989- april 12th 2019

    So Garth will be on the Today show on Friday morning to talk about the Legacy Vinyl collection.
    He must also be talking about his 30th anniversary of his debut album (even though its not in the
    collection)

    Any chance that they will update his RIAA numbers on friday, seems the day to do it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    LA/Long Beach area
    Posts
    1,958
    I guess if Garth would let them release his streaming numbers ( which Amazon said he was in their top ten artists in streaming) he would have a lot more to add to his numbers. I look at how many albums the people are getting credit for and think how many Garth could be getting credit for. I think streaming is weird anyways. You can sell a certain amount or stream a certain number of 1 song and get credit for an album sold. So he could really boost his RIAA numbers. It would be nice if he updated his numbers on Friday. He has the Bundle from Ghost Tunes, his pushing sales of The Chase and In Pieces, Christmas Together, his stream on Amazon etc. Time will tell. But I don't think it is fair that an artist gets credit for an album sale based on the sale of a certain song, that is what singles are for. Have they gone back to singles and added them up from the 50's, 60's, 70's etc to boost those artists numbers?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    So Garth will be on the Today show on Friday morning to talk about the Legacy Vinyl collection.
    He must also be talking about his 30th anniversary of his debut album (even though its not in the
    collection)

    Any chance that they will update his RIAA numbers on friday, seems the day to do it.
    Based on what he said in the interview with Laura Bush Hager on the buildseries thing, the appearance on the today show is going to be about the Legacy collection on sale window opening up (they'll open it up right after the show I think), as it's "open to the public" for the first time.. (not like people outside of the inside studio G fans could have already bought it )

    Don't get your hopes up for much more Brett, or your speculation will lead to disappointment yet again....
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Based on what he said in the interview with Laura Bush Hager on the buildseries thing, the appearance on the today show is going to be about the Legacy collection on sale window opening up (they'll open it up right after the show I think), as it's "open to the public" for the first time.. (not like people outside of the inside studio G fans could have already bought it )

    Don't get your hopes up for much more Brett, or your speculation will lead to disappointment yet again....
    True it will be about his legacy , but I still think they will make mention it being thr 30th anniversary of his first album.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Just south of nowhere
    Posts
    1,639
    I would venture to guess we will eventually see Legacy 2, with the other albums on vinyl...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,719
    Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    I would venture to guess we will eventually see Legacy 2, with the other albums on vinyl...
    I agree... but gotta get them RIAA Diamond Awards for TC, IP, and FH first!!

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts