+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Garth Brooks Special Announcement April 8th (Build Series)

from the build website.

Garth Brooks
    Garth Brooks has won "Entertainer of the Year" at the CMA Awards six times, a first for any artist. He is also the first artist in history to receive 7 Diamond awards for the now seven albums certified by the RIAA at over 10 million album sales each and remains the #1-selling solo artist in U.S. history certified by the RIAA with over 148 million album sales. He has received every accolade the recording industry can bestow on an artist. Brooks, the second highest-selling recording artist of all-time, comes to BUILD and sits down with Jenna Bush Hager for an exclusive announcement.

So any guesses.

Im guessing it wont be just an album date, or another stadium, or another opportunity to buy legacy, gotta to be something different.

Central park again?????

I doubt he'll play Central Park again

Isnt the person conducting the interview the Daughter of George W Bush and of course the grand daughter of the late George H Bush.

Could Garth be doing something with some Charity that George H Bush??

He did a lot of charity work didnt he??

I would say tempering expectations would be best here. I agree with the above post that itís probably something like raising money for a foundation.

Could be announcing a "Big" announcement in June.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    I would highly suggest not speculating too much- how many times have we (collectively I guess, at PG) speculated about what things might be, only to be disappointed, or have negative reactions when it's not what we wanted or expected it to be....

The interviewer (Laura Bush Hager) is Pres. Bush's daughter (and granddaughter ) as it were, but she's a media person- an interviewer for that company/organization possibly..

Id say let it happen w/o getting so speculative, less chance of getting disappointed...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I'm still hoping for the concert on the moon that he once talked about.

I predict it will be the biggest announcement he makes Next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    I would highly suggest not speculating too much- how many times have we (collectively I guess, at PG) speculated about what things might be, only to be disappointed, or have negative reactions when it's not what we wanted or expected it to be....

So true. I honestly can't remember the last time I've gotten excited about an upcoming announcement. I'll wait to see what he says and then determine my level of excitement. At this point, the only announcement that would thrill me is an exact release date of his next album.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    I'm still hoping for the concert on the moon that he once talked about.

I predict it will be the biggest announcement he makes Next week.
    That would be amazing LOL

However, we can't even get the guy to leave North America at the moment LOL

Thing is, there's nothing left to announce.

He has a new studio album out in June.

A Live album In November.

The legacy Vinyl boxset

A Stadium tour.

The Doco of his Stadium tour.

There will be other anthology's coming.

So what else can he do??

I think it will be a charity thing.

On his Facebook page it says A #BUILDSERIES exclusive interview
    "LEGACY COLLECTION" so I guess it may have to do with the legacy collection or they will at least talk about it
    When we're free to love anyone we choose, when this world's big enough for all different views When we all can worship from our own kind of pew, then we shall be free

That would make sense if its the legacy collection.

Im not sure what else he can say about it, if hes just going to give dates and explain it.

Im guessing most people who want it, wouldve put their order in.

Now if he gives details on the bonus songs and how many songs are on triple live, then
    that would be something.

Maybe he is a doing a "buy Legacy tonight at some special price" and a percentage will go to some charity. Opens up audience for Legacy and helps up sales.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    Maybe he is a doing a "buy Legacy tonight at some special price" and a percentage will go to some charity. Opens up audience for Legacy and helps up sales.
    This sounds most likely to me...

ok, quick note... it's possible dates have been announced ,I realize...

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    He has a new studio album out in June.
    where has this been conclusively proven other than one article by a reporter for an online denver magazine, which was then redacted?

A Live album In November.
    likely yes, but have we heard definites date wise ?

So what else can he do??
    there is always something else that he can do.. I'd be willing to wager that Garth has ideas or his team has ideas, that aren't even announced yet..

if you look at the picture of the announcement on his page, its probably totally about the legacy collection... Garth's holding the vinyl... it's titled as 'a #buildseries exclusive interview, "legacy collection"..

there probably will not be any announcements of any kind, other than some connected to the legacy vinyl... I get a vibe of this trying to connect the younger crowd to the vinyl.. JUST a guess.

but keep the speculating tempered guys.. less disappointment (again) after expectations/desires are not met.. (again)...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

hmm- 6 minutes in to the time he's supposed to be on, and there's nothing on the feed but 'please stay tuned')...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

The announcement is/was the next on sale for the vinyl

This Friday will be next window and it’s opening to the public this time

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Im calling it now.

The new way to view the concert, the technology thing that may be ready in may, they will record it in VR.

There was also the note about a new way to experience the shows.. that's true.. it was kinda in passing, not really an announcement per se (more of an answer to a fan question) but the hope to have it by minneapolis if not then ,then hopefully by Denver.

I would want to hear more about whatever it is before getting too excited about it... but that's me..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

So basically just a push for the legacy albums.
    Some things I took from it were
    The Mr Yearwood crap is getting old. I love my wife but I am also a man and would never call myself by her last name.
    He says move forward but he has not moved forward, he is still pushing old albums on us instead of new music. There should be a new album every year and push singles off that album.
    The whole new way to view a concert great sounds but again we want new music just set a date for the new album.

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    So basically just a push for the legacy albums.
    Some things I took from it were
    The Mr Yearwood crap is getting old. I love my wife but I am also a man and would never call myself by her last name.
    He says move forward but he has not moved forward, he is still pushing old albums on us instead of new music. There should be a new album every year and push singles off that album.
    The whole new way to view a concert great sounds but again we want new music just set a date for the new album.
    I don't he believes that new music he puts won't be accepted by current fans and radio. I think he anxiety about releasing new music because of that. I'm getting to the point like you, stop releasing old stuff and when you do release something new stopped lumping it in with a bundle of old stuff. He's still obsessed with numbers. I think he needs to understand he will never catch The Beatles.

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    I don't he believes that new music he puts won't be accepted by current fans and radio. I think he anxiety about releasing new music because of that. I'm getting to the point like you, stop releasing old stuff and when you do release something new stopped lumping it in with a bundle of old stuff. He's still obsessed with numbers. I think he needs to understand he will never catch The Beatles.
    The Target box should've made it incredibly clear to him that even the old stuff isn't as popular as it once was. Remember the walls of unsold boxes and it ended up at places like Dollar General or was it Big Lots? I remember many twitter posts mocking Garth and the dozens of unsold boxes.

Compared to when Ultimate Hits came out in 2007 it was big news even in my little neck of the woods, I went into a Dillards and the girls at the makeup counter were listening to the CD and raving about the songs and price.

I guess Amazon music is a step in the right direction but he really needs to just sell his stuff on iTunes (album only if necessary) and be done with it.

He came back and seemed like M&M was rushed. He did the tour and made the comment it was to wrap up the old stuff. Great I get it and that’s fine. He puts out gunslinger and gets a number 1 hit but just moved on and left some good singles on the floor. Tells us the next album is coming and I get excited, then he does the triple live crap with the duel audio (stupid) he does the vinyl crap ( still don’t understand why the original album was not included) now and still nothing about the new album. What we have got is 2 singles that sucked so far. He needs to decide is he going to live in the past and be a guy who tours and try’s to pad numbers or is he going to make a real push to be number one again.

Quote Originally Posted by CER956 View Post
    The Target box should've made it incredibly clear to him that even the old stuff isn't as popular as it once was. Remember the walls of unsold boxes and it ended up at places like Dollar General or was it Big Lots? I remember many twitter posts mocking Garth and the dozens of unsold boxes.
    Don't worry....Garth does not suffer one bit. He gets paid up front when the boxes shipped to Target. The retailer is the one who ends up taking the bath, depending upon how much they originally paid for each box set.

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    He needs to decide is he going to live in the past and be a guy who tours and tries to pad numbers or is he going to make a real push to be number one again.
    The former.....no doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    Don't worry....Garth does not suffer one bit. He gets paid up front when the boxes shipped to Target. The retailer is the one who ends up taking the bath, depending upon how much they originally paid for each box set.
    He should feel a bit of embarrassment, we know how the business side works thanks to the Billboard article linked below which shed light on it.

He should value his legacy instead of being content with having dozens of unsold boxes on shelves at Target and Dollar Stores. Which also ensured that Gunslinger went mostly unheard.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...oyalty-dispute
    Last edited by CER956; 04-10-2019 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CER956 View Post
    He should feel a bit of embarrassment, we know how the business side works thanks to the Billboard article linked below which shed light on it.

He should value his legacy instead of being content with having dozens of unsold boxes on shelves at Target and Dollar Stores. Which also ensured that Gunslinger went mostly unheard.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...oyalty-dispute
    At least he is putting out new music. There are plenty of older artists, names like Fleetwood Mac, Rolling Stones, The Who, come to mind, that just tour off their legacy, and don't even bother recording new songs.

Garth is more like Bruce Springsteen or U2, who put out new material, but their best days are in the past. U2 have albums like War & The Joshua Tree, Bruce has Born To Run & Born In The U.S.A. Nothing they're putting out now can compare to those classics, nor will they sell like they did.

I'm not sure if there's anything Garth can really do about it. Radio and the media are always going to skew to the younger and new artists, while paying a passing glance at the newest Garth release for a couple of weeks after it comes out.

Those who like Garth can hear a song like "Mom," and say what a great song, an instant classic. But as much as we like it, unless it gets lots of airplay, it fades away quickly, and becomes just another song, on just another album.

I'm thankful that he is making an attempt to put out new music. I wish he gave it more of a platform at his shows, and cycle in and out some of his standbys. He's just afraid of alienating some people by not playing Beaches Of Cheyenne or Rodeo every night. There's nothing wrong with having some staples. Springsteen plays Born To Run at Every Single Show. But that's where it ends. He mixes his setlists up from tour to tour, something Garth seems to hesitate doing. It seems like he is playing more new stuff in his Stadium shows thus far. Let's see if he keeps it going when he has a full album of new material. Hopefully he'll play more than 1-2 of the same songs from the album, assuming they're worthy.

+ Reply to Thread