+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Garth in DENVER

In the USA, the best country in the world

Garth in DENVER

ok, so now that we can get tix- the discussion of the show can begin!

hey just excited- will be at the show- wrap-ups and setlist etc. I'm sure..

my daughters and I are gonna go- may have to try out the TY tailgate too..
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

BOOM!
    Denver showed up!!

Garth's sold over 79,000 tickets in just two hours.

https://www.9news.com/article/entert...f-e2f9a219affc

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

We brought it! I'll be there with my girlfriend. It's her 1st Garth show and my 7th! We will be doing the TY tailgate.

Quote Originally Posted by nyyankfanken View Post
    We brought it! I'll be there with my girlfriend. It's her 1st Garth show and my 7th! We will be doing the TY tailgate.
    I'm on the fence about the Tailgate- depends on pricing I suppose - not that I mind the all you can eat food (and lol neither would my teenagers! ) but finger foods/ appetizer types... they can't drink.. TY I don't really care about seeing as much for a cooking demo, it's poss. though.. any word on when tix for that are available-? maybe a month out from the show?)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

We have our tickets bought for Tailgate!! Make sure to get parking. It is available to purchase if you want to guarantee a spot in the main lots.

No way in heck I’ll be bringing my car anywhere in the area that day- I’ve left after broncos games before and there were less people there then than will be at the show. It’s a light rail day for me

Having a Bit of trouble justifying the almost 200 for three Trisha’s tailgate tix after hearing reviews which I know may be CORRECT, or may not be

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I never read any reviews, what did they say? Maybe I'll look into light rail. It's my 1st time at Broncos Stadium.

I never read any reviews, what did they say? Maybe I'll look into light rail. It's my 1st time at Broncos Stadium.
    the reviews I heard were mixed- either really liked it (and were fans getting to see TY there), or were disappointed at the type of food being served, or the long lines (waiting in line for over an hour for food, and maybe getting one drink). it's a matter of preference I'm sure... lol for me, it's also $ as well..

re: light rail? I know you're coming from up north some.. I'll say this much- a normal broncos game can have up to what, 75-80k people. it CAN take a while to get your cars out- lots get packed.. you're talking some people who would be there 3-4 hours early. just to get a spot. parking ranges normally 15-20$ off site.. I see it normally $25-30 onsite...).. well worth investigating the costs...

(remember the cost, say $11-15? round trip. and no drunk (potentially) fans walking near your car..

for me, my daughters and I will all be able to ride light rail and be down there what, 2-3 hrs or so before the show, but pay less than $20 and should it (heaven forbid) rain/storm, our car's back in a covered garage about 20m from our house.....

food for thought

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

So now the focus turns (garth wise / tour wise..) to DENVER.. Bring it on... Countdown till Garth in the Mile High city...

20 days

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

All I can say is Hell Yeah! I think were ready here in Colorado!!

I agree!!!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Joe Nichols will be opening Denver show for Garth-

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

The press conference in Denver today- listened to it- not TOO bad, really nothing substantial of note to recap..

did mention singing much too young and it's being recorded for 'the triple live record' (go figure)

did mention 'the halo' and it's something they're doing in denver that they haven't and aren't doing in other cities?

prob. playing beaches of cheyenne
    much too young
    ask me how I know
    we shall be free

mentioned all of those in the context of being played tomorrow.. (in his comments)

whole thing was about 26m long...

here's a link to the RAW video of Garth's part

https://www.9news.com/video/news/ent...6-15afbe1808ec

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Thank you for recap! Can I count on you to keep up with the setlist for us tomorrow night?

Thank you for recap! Can I count on you to keep up with the setlist for us tomorrow night?
    I'm gonna be doing my best to keep up w/ it!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Thank you! It's my girlfriends 1st show...not sure I want to be on my phone at the start of every song

Where are you guys sitting?? currently sect 128 row 15...looking for a possible upgrade.

Heck I'd love an upgrade, would love to be closer to the stage.. Still, I am going to the show and that's what I am counting as excitement! My daughters and I will be in Section 314 row 2. Debating on wearing either my Rockies hat (black w/ purple brim or normal black) or my ND (blue) hat, don't know.. lol the little things.. I just know that knowing the walk we will have from light rail- I'm not wearing my cowboy boots- if it gets rainy/slippery at all on the cement steps.. nope.. but HECK YEAH- concert starts (if no weather delay) in 5 hrs 26m as of this post

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Ok, my guess at a song list, knowing I could be wrong (probably am on some levels) but thinking I'm kinda accurate in some respects. I've not looked at anything from Setlist.fm or even other shows on previous tours.. (thats an analysis still to come.)

I'm hoping, praying maybe he'll make my oldest daughter's day and play cold like that but... not holding out hope

anyway- my pre show guess at a setlist for tonight...

ALL DAY LONG
    BEACHES OF CHEYENNE
    AINT GOING DOWN TILL THE SUN COMES UP
    2 PINA COLADAS
    RODEO
    TWO OF A KIND
    FISHIN IN THE DARK
    THUNDER ROLLS
    THE RIVER
    MUCH TOO YOUNG
    UNANSWERED PRAYERS
    WE SHALL BE FREE
    SHAMELESS
    ASK ME HOW I KNOW
    CALLIN BATON ROUGE
    FILP
    THE DANCE

HOUSECLEANING
    GUY GOING NOWHERE
    IF TOMORROW NEVER COMES
    STANDING OUTSIDE THE FIRE
    AMERICAN PIE (MAYBE..... MAYBE...)

I anticipate 3 songs for housecleaning, maybe 4 or 5 tops

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Been glancing at Craigslist to see if there are any seats closer at a decent price. Thought I found some, but no cigar

On the E line now. Starting to get excited

Waiting outside of gate 8 waiting to get in

Merch bought and just awaiting entry!!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Man... this party needs to get started!

Hehe agreed!

Joe Nichols wasn’t too bad!

A LOT better than Karyn Rochelle last time Garth was in Denver

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Will post review later but here is the set list complete with housecleaning and joe Nichols set

Garth show

JN
    what’s a guy gotta do
    Gimme that girl
    Yeah yeah(?)
    Brokenheartsville
    Baby got back
    Tequila makes her clothes fall off
    Sunny and 75

Garth

All day long
    Rodeo
    Two of a kind
    The river
    The beaches of Cheyenne
    2pc
    Ain’t going down
    Fishing in the dark
    Thunder rolls
    We shall be free
    Unanswered prayers
    That summer
    Much too young
    Callin Baton Rouge
    Shameless
    Filp
    The dance

Housecleaning

Guy going nowhere
    Turn the page
    In lonesome dove
    The red strokes
    Wrapped up in you
    The cowboy song
    Amarillo by morning
    Ireland
    To make you feel my love
    Sotf

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Will post review later but here is the set list complete with housecleaning and joe Nichols set

Garth show

JN
    what’s a guy gotta do
    Gimme that girl
    Yeah yeah(?)
    Brokenheartsville
    Baby got back
    Tequila makes her clothes fall off
    Sunny and 75

Garth

All day long
    Rodeo
    Two of a kind
    The river
    The beaches of Cheyenne
    2pc
    Ain’t going down
    Fishing in the dark
    Thunder rolls
    We shall be free
    Unanswered prayers
    That summer
    Much too young
    Callin Baton Rouge
    Shameless
    Filp
    The dance

Housecleaning

Guy going nowhere
    Turn the page
    In lonesome dove
    The red strokes
    Wrapped up in you
    The cowboy song
    Amarillo by morning
    Ireland
    To make you feel my love
    Sotf
    That could be the most epic housecleaning ever!! Ireland, Red Strokes, Lonesome Dove, and Cowboy Song???? And then Guy Goin’ Nowhere, Amarillo By Morning, and Wrapped Up in You??? Oh how wish the YouTube videos would stay up for more than a few minutes. So happy you got to see it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    That could be the most epic housecleaning ever!! Ireland, Red Strokes, Lonesome Dove, and Cowboy Song???? And then Guy Goin’ Nowhere, Amarillo By Morning, and Wrapped Up in You??? Oh how wish the YouTube videos would stay up for more than a few minutes. So happy you got to see it!!
    that was def. an epic house cleaning- maybe the best one I've ever seen.. I know that not all of the songs (SOTF, Guy Going Nowhere, Turn the Page, and Amarillo by morning) were signs, unless Jimmy JUST HAPPENED to be ready to come back out right then etc.. but regardless. it was a great housecleaning- and an awesome show overall.. will do a review tomorrow, I'm kinda tired (and hungry).. just got home it's 114 AM.. (had to go to taco bell hehe)

Will say this though- Garth I'm sure will play a nearly identical songlist in boise, and I'm sure this one was nearly identical if not completely identical to pittsburgh etc. What makes him a great entertainer? even if its the same type of show as at other venues, same songs etc.. he makes it FEEL like it's unique and special..

news tidbits.. he did mention video/audio recording of entire show (and did have a helicopter flying over a bunch) but at press conf. yesterday he mentioned that they were recording Much Too Young tonight which they did, for (to paraphrase what Garth said..) "Triple live it's whole thing coming out this fall"

crossing fingers (as it was on a cell phone..) but I MIGHT... MIGHT (not sure yet) have it all recorded too

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Review time (ok, sorry if long winded)

Perfect? no.. Can you hear singing? too much for my liking... probably where I held the phone, tried to hold it away from parts of me) but yep.. did get the show!

review... ok will do my best to do this review justice….

REVIEW

first, lookin at my ‘pre show set list.. ‘ I did not have the correct order ( a few out of place in the list) but:

I Nailed the opener… I nailed the last 2 songs.. (ok, easy ones).. but I also nailed every song in the set list with the exception of one. (Garth did not play ask me how I know)

I nailed all of …. . 1 song on house cleaning. That was an epic housecleaning, though I’m positive after seeing it that Garth’s housecleanings are not always AS spontaneous as they’re made out to be. Def. not with Standing outside the fire- or even really with Amarillo by Morning, but I’ll have to look at other set lists for certainty.

first off, the weather.. Holy crow, I gotta admit I was worried that the weather would be an issue.. It never rained the whole night- we had clouds, we had possible storms (and more alerts on my phone than I cared to count) but never a storm. South, east, west, north of the stadium? yep.. over the stadium itself? not at all.

Joe Nichols.. I admit I was a bit skeptical about him, having not really ever listened to much past his first album, and after the lackluster Karyn Rochelle opening of the last tour.. (Garth didn’t have an opening act in ND so that’s off the table).. He sang all the songs I was expecting sans one. I didn’t hear “The Impossible” but did hear “tequila makes her clothes fall off (how could he not play that after garth mentioning it on inside studio G as well as it being prob. his biggest hit)”, “Brokenheartsville”, and (though I cringed at it somewhat) “Baby Got Back” (which dang it, though it sounds horrible on the CD, sounds not too bad live)

Now onto the meat/potatoes of the show- Garth!

He opened with All Day long.. Was expecting it really, it seems that his notion of ‘the road I’m on’ being an opener has fallen by the wayside. He did a great job, though he sang (will have to check recording for reality) the same verse twice I think. at least parts of it.

Fired right into Rodeo- good song, crowd definitely was into it..

Two of a Kind - again crowd definitely into it-

we were told that they were filming audio and video the entire night (more on that later)

After that my first surprise- I thought he’d take another song up tempo, maybe ain’t going down till the sun comes up, before slowing things down. Instead he slowed it down with the river, and the requisite entire stadium having their cellphone lights on.

Garth is good at keeping the intros similar- I can’t say I had em memorized but they’re familiar.. Next up was Beaches of Cheyenne.

Two Pina Coladas followed, not a bad rendition.. song was really good for a sing along, which is honestly what it kinda felt like most of the night!

NOW he fired up Ain’t Going Down til the sun comes up. That was as it was expected to be, rocking.

Surprise for me (in a way) of the show, though I knew it would probably be played at some point. Garth talked about playing “old stuff, new stuff, fast songs, slow songs, drinking songs, party songs” multiple times, but intro’d “Fishing in the Dark” as a song showing his ‘influences’ (though it was recorded on the lost sessions album ) .. It worked well w/ the crowd

Garth mentioned the weather and how it had held out, and then went into the thunder rolls (“It can be clear up there but down here, the thunder is still rolling” he said)

Garth fired up the Halo (more on that after song recap) for We Shall Be Free… Love the garth and guitar intro to this song, minus the choir/gospel esque intro of the recording (though I like that too, in a recorded setting)

Slowed it down to just him and a guitar with Unanswered Prayers, and though it was loud (a few intoxicated people near our seats singing loud w/ the rest of us) I gotta say, hearing Mile high all on point singing- great moment in the show- love hearing him do Unanswered Prayers live

Garth mentioned a girl at the press conference and her asking what type of sign she’d have to have to get him to play a song - He mentioned something just ask him what song you’d like to hear.. That song ended up being “that summer”… great song live, actually!

Then came the Audio/Video recording part of the night.. Garth mentioned the recording again (he had specifically told press at the conference that they were recording Much Too Young for Triple Live specifically) and the song went well. He checked with the truck outside the stadium afterwards and was told they were ‘clapping in the truck’.. Don’t’ think that was just a crowd things as he did similar stuff at ND checking with people about recordings.. He mentioned (and here was a bit of a news bit I guess) “We have Triple Live coming out complete this fall” (so perhaps the next rendition of triple live comes out this fall- maybe on the vinyl (the CD portion) an amended track will be Much Too Young)

Garth switched out guitars for the electric and thus brought in the last ‘portion’ of the regular set. those who have seen Garth a while know that bringing the electric out means two things- shows’ wrapping up and #2- Calling Baton Rouge.. Garth played Calling Baton Rouge (again saying it’s his favorite song to play live) and then dropped off the guitar

The next surprise of a bit was next, though it wasn’t REALLY a surprise after inside studio G / the press conference- Garth was asked there (one of them. ISG I think) about ‘the shameless rose’. and he said no we wouldn’t see it.. but that we would play shameless).. Shameless was up next. great rendition… (and honestly, I was happy to not have the 90s era Rose/butt swivel/shake thing.. I think Garth’s grown up a bit…)

Garth intro’d one of the ‘G Men’ sessions people who were getting to come out and play w/ the band- I forget the man’s name (will listen to recording) but he wrote the solos in shameless, FILP, you name it. He was brought out for the next song, and Ty (Man, it ws GREAT to hear Ty England playing last night!!) brought the crowd to their feet (if not already standing ) with FILP’s first 4 notes. A good rendition- all the parts were there, from the back and forth wi/ the crowd to the banter about singing the third verse.. The Sessions Guy was featured when they played the solo… great job)

Finally the set ended with The Dance. It was hard to hear some of what Garth was saying in his wrap up but he dd mention being careful about saying things but that ‘this wast the greatest night of his career’ .. lol our local news station did an impromptu ‘9 wants to know’ about is that really the truth , has he said it other places etc… they went through all the shows at least as far back as gainesville on this tour and he hadn’t said it to anyone else yet. Will he say it again ? almost certainly.. (at least on twitter he hadn’t)

Now- Housecleaning. in one word? EPIC. Easily the best housecleaning I think I’ve ever seen.. That’s going back to the shows in the 90’s before it really was called house cleaning. better than ND, better than the shows at the Pepsi center in 2015 (though I’d put the last show I saw there 2nd).. Garth played 10 songs in housecleaning. Won’t go song by song through them but I will say that though I’m sure the first one (Guy going nowhere) and the next (turn the page) along with the last (standing outside the fire) were planned and not spontaneous at all, the fans drove the rest… I’ll just list the songs

Guy going nowhere
    Turn the Page
    In Lonesome Dove
    The Red Strokes
    Wrapped Up In You
    The Cowboy Song
    (complete w/ apologies to sign holder that he hadn’t played it in years so if it sucked ……)
    Amarillo by morning
    Ireland
    To Make You Feel My Love
    Standing Outside the Fire

—————
    Great show…

The HALO I mentioned earlier- Garth talked about 'the fans at the top having waited the longest to get tickets (debatable I guess).. The entire upper 'halo' of the stadium had led lights (I think given to people at their seats) that changed colors periodically to match the songs, etc.. (i.e. in WSBF they had the 'rainbow' color, during other points they were blue, or red, or flashing, or moving. I think Garth mentioned that Denver may be the only place they're doing this... dont know)

I will say I was struck by the fan that though there was not a single seat open (the show was legit sold out) that Broncos stadium really DID have the feel of a smaller, more intimate setting. . yes I was too far away for my tastes but it didn’t matter- great show.. Probably the best Garth show I’ve seen yet, actually. Not the CLOSEST Ive been but still, a great great show and a great great night. Can’t wait until the next time I get to see Garth whenever that may be.

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Well buddy you hit the nail on the head with your review! What a perfect night and the house keeping was EPIC! My one surprise was not hearing Papa Loved Mama. Think it was my first show ever it wasn't played.

Well buddy you hit the nail on the head with your review! What a perfect night and the house keeping was EPIC! My one surprise was not hearing Papa Loved Mama. Think it was my first show ever it wasn't played.
    Yeah, I was a bit surprised by it myself.. part of me thinks that fishing in the dark replaced it...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread