+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Garth in DENVER

I agree with you. I mean don't get me wrong I like Fishin in the Dark, but I loved Papa Loved Mama live! The rest of the night was perfect though. The concert flew by! The weather gods were with us. As soon as we got out of the stadium. Bam! RAIN

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyankfanken View Post
    I agree with you. I mean don't get me wrong I like Fishin in the Dark, but I loved Papa Loved Mama live! The rest of the night was perfect though. The concert flew by! The weather gods were with us. As soon as we got out of the stadium. Bam! RAIN
    no kidding! My daughters and I were literally JUST onto the light rail train when it started to rain
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

dang- sorry, saw vids on a friends page but they won't work... yet
    Last edited by Skywise; 06-09-2019 at 07:33 PM.

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Would love to see some of the housekeeping videos!

Working on it actually- don’t know how much there is but I have someone who did record some

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I may know someone who has the whole thing start to finish!

<<<<<<<<<

Wondering. In the Denver recap shown on Inside Studio g and on Garth Brooks.com the last frame of the recap showed Denver concert dates for June 7-8. Was there going to be a second Denver show and if so why was it never put on sale? Pretty sure that concert would have been a sell out also.

Quote Originally Posted by stegie77 View Post
    Wondering. In the Denver recap shown on Inside Studio g and on Garth Brooks.com the last frame of the recap showed Denver concert dates for June 7-8. Was there going to be a second Denver show and if so why was it never put on sale? Pretty sure that concert would have been a sell out also.
    Hmm- i admit I never looked at it- I would imagine a few things were in play- #1, you could have had Friday as a poss. 2nd show for rain reasons, similar to the way there was a (thank goodness not used) rain contingency plan for the Notre dame show). Also, you could have had a situation where Garth was anticipating a pos. problem or having a backup plan if things happened bad or he was asked to put on another show by the gov. etc...

I'm sure there are contingency plans and backup show 'dates' in play for all the stops, just in case.. I can't say I had seen the 'june 7-8' graphic before but man- would have been awesome to get 2 shows- heck I'd have gone to both!)

but also gotta wonder if maybe ... JUST MAYBE there was a bit of 'blowing it' for the article (then redacted) about poss. release of his 'FUN' album... when that story was puled for lack of source... who knows (that's the conspiracy theory approach at least)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Thanks so much for your insight Skywise. I knew you would be the one to offer some thoughts on this. As we know with Garth, somethings are said, somethings are done and that is where it ends. Not great on the following through sometimes. Guess we will never know. Yes, that would have been a great twofer. That was my 26th concert, LA Forum Friday (seconds show) before the '93 Super Bowl my first, Hollywood Bowl, Central Park, the one off KC concerts, Nashville Flood Concert (The BEST), Notre Dame, the Denver Concert June 8th is now my number two. Again, thanks for your time and all you do and say for us Garth Friends.

Quote Originally Posted by stegie77 View Post
    Thanks so much for your insight Skywise. I knew you would be the one to offer some thoughts on this. As we know with Garth, somethings are said, somethings are done and that is where it ends. Not great on the following through sometimes. Guess we will never know. Yes, that would have been a great twofer. That was my 26th concert, LA Forum Friday (seconds show) before the '93 Super Bowl my first, Hollywood Bowl, Central Park, the one off KC concerts, Nashville Flood Concert (The BEST), Notre Dame, the Denver Concert June 8th is now my number two. Again, thanks for your time and all you do and say for us Garth Friends.
    Thanks for your kind words Stegie! This was Garth show #8 for me.. (Denver in 1992, Pueblo CO in 1993, Denver in 1996 (show #2 of 3 I think), 3 shows in Denver in 2015 (3/19, 3/20, 3/24), Notre Dame last year, and now Broncos Stadium- honestly, I do have to say this was probably my #1 concert I've been to for Garth. I honestly felt like I was at the Pepsi Center or an enclosed arena, yet was in Broncos stadium with 84,500 people outdoors...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread