+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 51

Thread: NEW ALBUM JUNE 7, Fun, Fun, Fun.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    LA/Long Beach area
    Posts
    1,958

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,719
    Yay!!! Can’t wait.

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,510
    I'd make sure to double source the info before getting TOO worked up- this has it dropping on a Friday... I know things aren't nec. done the normal way but it's only one source... better to double source the date

    Very cool though, that we'll get to be the first concert after his albums' release if it's a true date!!!
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Just south of nowhere
    Posts
    1,639
    New music usually drops on Fridays now (since 2015)...But Garth is Garth, so I agree, wait til they announce it...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    200
    The statement has been redacted since they have no source.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,510
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBarton View Post
    The statement has been redacted since they have no source.
    Interesting- either garth's people got wind, and shut em down or something else happened. I know I emailed the author of the article asking for a link/source of the info but I doubt that had anything of an effect (though I have not heard back)
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  8. #8
    I thought the lady from that show ET, had the rights to announce the date. Perhaps they took it down because of that. There is still a WIKI page about it though.

    So maybe June 7th or not.

    It could be one of those cases, when Garth says "We were going to release it on June 7th, but an exciting thing happened, we heard from Good people at this company
    and they want to do something special, so its wait and see at the moment, but an announcement in the summer"

  9. #9
    The webpage that first reported it is still saying "June" though.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    714
    I'm willing to bet that the date was correct, which is why they took it down.

    It wouldn't surprise me if that reporter had been promised she could reveal the "scoop" at an agreed upon day & time, but she was upstaged by the Denver paper's article.

    They're hoping the cat got put back in the bag before the news circulated too much on the internets.

    I'm guessing Garth's people were not ready for the official announcement, which is why they told the lady with the "scoop" to hold off on saying anything. Look where that got her.

  11. #11
    Maybe he will change it now it? Rihanna (according to twitter) has just announced shes dropping a new album on June 7th.

    Perhaps he doesnt want to go head to head with a big name.

    Its still on Wiki as June 7th.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Posts
    237
    At this point who knows. It should have been out a year ago. He has enough stuff in the vault to drop an album once a year if he is not ready.

  13. #13
    Well its coming near the end of april, the wiki website still has Fun listed as June 7th, no other webpage has that date. Garth has not really
    talked about the new album. Is there another Legacy sale coming up? Will he wait until that has finished?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    LA/Long Beach area
    Posts
    1,958
    He said one more Legacy sale on one of his interviews a couple weeks ago. End of April before May. Said the completing of Legacy with numbers needed to be done by start of May. I wonder if he will do something special with new album and Legacy. A coupon or something or tie in. And when will he start selling Legacy at retail. Will he sell it before the shipped ones arrive so those of us who can't wait will buy an extra copy?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Well its coming near the end of april, the wiki website still has Fun listed as June 7th, no other webpage has that date. Garth has not really
    talked about the new album. Is there another Legacy sale coming up? Will he wait until that has finished?
    Ok Brett- maybe it's the school teacher in me (teaching MS/HS social studies classes, where we have to research a lot).. you cannot seriously be taking a Wiki page at face value, are you? you DO realize that wikipedia is open to being edited/added to by literally ANYONe?

    Not saying that it's a wrong date specifically because of that, but when oyu take into account the OP by gbkubfan...... with the link to the 303 magazine article...

    THEN you go to THAT article where the following notice was posted (mind you, within HOURS of the article being originally posted...

    Editors note: An earlier version of this article stated that Garth Brooks’ new album would be dropping on June 7. This has been redacted due to lack of source.
    "due to lack of source" means there was no source for the information.... please double/triple check/source these things... It's old hat I know and a broken record type of statement perhaps but... you don't know that it's coming on 6/7 (it COULD but Garth has dropped no concrete hint) and you are again setting yourself up to have your expectations not be met, thus perpetuating the cycle of disappointment in this area... Why keep doing that to yourself?

    just let the album happen when it happens..... seriously...

    re LEGACY, I know he has mentioned one more sale date, I THINK he mentioned the 26th of april, but it was on an inside studio G (last week's?) and I could easily be wrong....
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Ok Brett- maybe it's the school teacher in me (teaching MS/HS social studies classes, where we have to research a lot).. you cannot seriously be taking a Wiki page at face value, are you? you DO realize that wikipedia is open to being edited/added to by literally ANYONe?

    Not saying that it's a wrong date specifically because of that, but when oyu take into account the OP by gbkubfan...... with the link to the 303 magazine article...

    THEN you go to THAT article where the following notice was posted (mind you, within HOURS of the article being originally posted...



    "due to lack of source" means there was no source for the information.... please double/triple check/source these things... It's old hat I know and a broken record type of statement perhaps but... you don't know that it's coming on 6/7 (it COULD but Garth has dropped no concrete hint) and you are again setting yourself up to have your expectations not be met, thus perpetuating the cycle of disappointment in this area... Why keep doing that to yourself?

    just let the album happen when it happens..... seriously...

    re LEGACY, I know he has mentioned one more sale date, I THINK he mentioned the 26th of april, but it was on an inside studio G (last week's?) and I could easily be wrong....
    Here's the thing though, yep Wiki can be edited by anyone, and it usually ends up with BS being written all over it. But the wrong information never stays up for long. It normally gets corrected
    within a few hours of the wrong info being written.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Here's the thing though, yep Wiki can be edited by anyone, and it usually ends up with BS being written all over it. But the wrong information never stays up for long. It normally gets corrected
    within a few hours of the wrong info being written.
    I don't scour wikipedia a lot of the time, and there IS some good information.. where do you get that information from that the wrong information never stays up for long, that it normally gets corrected?

    it MAY get corrected.. but it's open source.. that has the ability to be changed by anyone.. at any time... it's not a reliable source w/o backing/other outside sources to back up the information- that's why we don't allow students to use it exclusively, or shouldn't allow it
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    714
    If there is any validity to the June 7 date, look for it to be officially announced this week.

    Album releases are generally announced 6 weeks out, and June 7 is exactly 6 weeks from this Friday April 26.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,510
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    If there is any validity to the June 7 date, look for it to be officially announced this week.

    Album releases are generally announced 6 weeks out, and June 7 is exactly 6 weeks from this Friday April 26.
    Hopefully there is some sort of confirmation.. I'd love for the release date to be 6/7 (talk about having a brand new album to listen to on the way to the concert the next day!
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Hopefully there is some sort of confirmation.. I'd love for the release date to be 6/7 (talk about having a brand new album to listen to on the way to the concert the next day!
    The date has now been removed from the wiki page.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    The date has now been removed from the wiki page.
    THere ya go...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  22. #22
    I cant see Fun being released before the last sale thing for the Legacy. But once that is over and done with, we will have
    a new studio album!!! :-)

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Posts
    237
    I can tell you as a teacher and skywise a teacher also will agree wiki is absolutely not allowed as a reference in any papers my students turn in.
    Second please stop pushing the vinyl and just put the new album out

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    LA/Long Beach area
    Posts
    1,958
    I am unsure about the 7th date. The Jonas Brothers are releasing their new album that day so will he want to up against them. Sucker just hit #1 on another chart so they seem to be hot. Also, I am wondering if he will be doing a tie in for Fun and Legacy or if he is doing a Fun vinyl.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,510
    Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    I can tell you as a teacher and skywise a teacher also will agree wiki is absolutely not allowed as a reference in any papers my students turn in.
    Second please stop pushing the vinyl and just put the new album out
    absolutely not !! There's no way that Wiki is allowed as a reference in any papers.. I suggest if/when students want to use it (and we're talking younger, middle aged students) to either not even trust it and go somewhere else, or to at least double check/double source the information from a more citable , reliable source.

    Re the vinyl- I'm still gonna be interested to get mine, but yeah- I'm all up for a change in focus too ... tour's great- wanna hear the new album...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    absolutely not !! There's no way that Wiki is allowed as a reference in any papers.. I suggest if/when students want to use it (and we're talking younger, middle aged students) to either not even trust it and go somewhere else, or to at least double check/double source the information from a more citable , reliable source.

    Re the vinyl- I'm still gonna be interested to get mine, but yeah- I'm all up for a change in focus too ... tour's great- wanna hear the new album...
    Well, if he still plans to release the album in "Spring," then he better hurry up. After tomorrow, there're only 7 Fridays left before June 21. I fully believe that June 7 is the date and that the article simply leaked it when they weren't supposed to, so that's why they pulled it. If they truly had no source for it, why pull that particular day out of a hat and print it? I think they knew the date, but weren't supposed to print it.

    But we'll see. I agree with others though, Vinyl & tour are great, but please shift focus to the "new" stuff!!

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Well, if he still plans to release the album in "Spring," then he better hurry up. After tomorrow, there're only 7 Fridays left before June 21.
    has "spring" ever been announced as a FIRM date? knowing Garth's penchant for 'announcements' and teases, one has to wonder.

    I fully believe that June 7 is the date and that the article simply leaked it when they weren't supposed to, so that's why they pulled it. If they truly had no source for it, why pull that particular day out of a hat and print it?
    it's possible. Theres nothing saying that it's NOT the date. (not firmly). why pull that particular day out of the hat? I can only speculate, but being a digital magazine/website in the Denver market that's trying to be relevant... I think it's likely that there's a snippet of truth, and they simply ran with it ahead of time/without checking things.. It was (apparently) not a rookie reporter. Perhaps she had a lead, but ran with something and got caught in a falsehood thus a retraction. it's all speculation
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    714
    Bruce Springsteen is releasing a Solo album on June 14, and it sounds like it may have a Country feel to it.

    That pretty much rules out June 14 as the release date, since he's not going to debut up against Bruce.

  29. #29
    I'm really looking forward to the album, hoping the lack of details comes from them changing the Album title!

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,510
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyankfanken View Post
    I'm really looking forward to the album, hoping the lack of details comes from them changing the Album title!
    That would be nice! I can't say I like the idea of the title at all... FUN doesn't ring a bell as great album title to me
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts