+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NEW ALBUM JUNE 7, Fun, Fun, Fun.

I was looking over the thread and noticed that people were really adamant about new music. Lots of comments about he hasn't released new music and needs to do so it seems like every year. Yet when it suits a lot of then they bring up U2, Bruce, and other acts to bolster their comments about Garth releasing repackaged material. What confuses me is: Do you want him to go 3 or 4 years or more with out something out their? I mean when was the last time Bruce released something? How about U2. Would be curious to know if you'd be happier with an album every few years or a repackage with one or two songs? I am personally happy that he is releasing anything versus nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I was looking over the thread and noticed that people were really adamant about new music. Lots of comments about he hasn't released new music and needs to do so it seems like every year. Yet when it suits a lot of then they bring up U2, Bruce, and other acts to bolster their comments about Garth releasing repackaged material. What confuses me is: Do you want him to go 3 or 4 years or more with out something out their? I mean when was the last time Bruce released something? How about U2. Would be curious to know if you'd be happier with an album every few years or a repackage with one or two songs? I am personally happy that he is releasing anything versus nothing.

It appears Garth is good with doing concerts and putting out old stuff to raise sales figures. If that’s the case great I don’t like it but whatever. I do not understand why he can’t drop a new album once a year. I get there is a cost so if it needs to be only digital download from amazon I am good with that. New stuff or vault stuff I don’t care (like the old stuff better) just give us something new and quit asking us to buy a box set for it. If anything drop a new single once every 3 months and when you get 10 put them on an album.

It obviously isn't going to be June 7th. Maybe that is the release of the new single instead? What would be the next good possible date for the new album? 4th of July week?

Not sure what a good date will be?

I think he should just release it without announcing a date, make it a surprise.

Imagine making up and seeing Garth's released his album.

I just hope it's avaaible as a stand alone album that you can purchase without
    signing up to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    It appears Garth is good with doing concerts and putting out old stuff to raise sales figures. If that’s the case great I don’t like it but whatever. I do not understand why he can’t drop a new album once a year. I get there is a cost so if it needs to be only digital download from amazon I am good with that. New stuff or vault stuff I don’t care (like the old stuff better) just give us something new and quit asking us to buy a box set for it. If anything drop a new single once every 3 months and when you get 10 put them on an album.
    Sometimes I feel he just enjoys jerking us around. If I could, I would just quit being a fan. Unfortunately, my personality traits won't allow me to do so. The last few years, he has not really pleased me, as a fan, much at all. It's getting tiresome. It's sad, when the biggest fans (many of us on this site) can think of and plan so many great ideas and things, but he continues to be so naive at best. There's no reason whatsoever for him to have waited nearly 3 years since his last album.

I have to say Garth post retirement has been a huge disappointment for me.

- MAM was horrible just horrible. I like 3 songs on the album rest was trash.
    - Gunslinger was a bipolar album for me. I loved half and hated the rest.
    - Gunslinger was also where he put it in a box set of old music or a package with Christmas duets with Trisha
    - Christmas album did not buy and have never listened to. Already have his first one donít need another
    - Trisha is shoved at us non freaking stop. Either he is beyond whipped or he signed an agreement before they married saying you must promote me non freakin stop. Itís to the point I canít stand her
    - anthology was horrible. He could have done so much more with it. It just fell flat to me
    - Record thing is stupid and done horrible. Why would I need 3 copies of the same thing? The number thing is dumb and why was the original album excluded?
    - Fun (worst album name ever) been talked about for a year now and no release date yet. 3 songs have been released, like 2 and oh look a sappy love Trisha song that bombed. Just release the dam album already.

I love Garth but take the concerts away and itís a dud. My advice
    - Put a new album out every year. Donít care if itís old unreleased stuff or new just give us new stuff
    - Stop making us buy old crap we have 20 copies of
    - Stop being a YouTube snob since you wonít release videos of old stuff. Many artist allow it and I have found many songs I like just by YouTube videos.
    - Itís 2019 stop crying about the song writers and just admit you wanna sell more albums

I have to say Garth post retirement has been a huge disappointment for me.

- MAM was horrible just horrible. I like 3 songs on the album rest was trash.
    - Gunslinger was a bipolar album for me. I loved half and hated the rest.
    - Gunslinger was also where he put it in a box set of old music or a package with Christmas duets with Trisha
    - Christmas album did not buy and have never listened to. Already have his first one donít need another
    - Trisha is shoved at us non freaking stop. Either he is beyond whipped or he signed an agreement before they married saying you must promote me non freakin stop. Itís to the point I canít stand her
    - anthology was horrible. He could have done so much more with it. It just fell flat to me
    - Record thing is stupid and done horrible. Why would I need 3 copies of the same thing? The number thing is dumb and why was the original album excluded?
    - Fun (worst album name ever) been talked about for a year now and no release date yet. 3 songs have been released, like 2 and oh look a sappy love Trisha song that bombed. Just release the dam album already.

I love Garth but take the concerts away and itís a dud. My advice
    - Put a new album out every year. Donít care if itís old unreleased stuff or new just give us new stuff
    - Stop making us buy old crap we have 20 copies of
    - Stop being a YouTube snob since you wonít release videos of old stuff. Many artist allow it and I have found many songs I like just by YouTube videos.
    - Itís 2019 stop crying about the song writers and just admit you wanna sell more albums

Personally, I loved Man Against Machine, thought it was sad that he didnt promote the hell out of it, being his comeback album.
    Gunslinger is my least favorite album, and they way it was sold to the public was horrible, the album basically got lost.
    I didnt buy the duet xmas album, just didnt appeal.
    Cant wait for the album FUN, I love All Day Long, I hope there will be a stand alone physical album you can buy.
    His tour of the USA/Canada arena and stadium looks amazing, who wouldve thought it would be as popular as its been, millions of tickets sold.
    Yeah he needs to be on youtube.
    Live anthology was a beautiful book, wonderfully package, the cd portion was disappointing and a couple of factually incorrect comMents about the WORLD TOUR 94.
    Cant wait for triple live, hope its avaaible as a stand alone cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Personally, I loved Man Against Machine, thought it was sad that he didnt promote the hell out of it, being his comeback album.
    Gunslinger is my least favorite album, and they way it was sold to the public was horrible, the album basically got lost.
    I didnt buy the duet xmas album, just didnt appeal.
    Cant wait for the album FUN, I love All Day Long, I hope there will be a stand alone physical album you can buy.
    His tour of the USA/Canada arena and stadium looks amazing, who wouldve thought it would be as popular as its been, millions of tickets sold.
    Yeah he needs to be on youtube.
    Live anthology was a beautiful book, wonderfully package, the cd portion was disappointing and a couple of factually incorrect comMents about the WORLD TOUR 94.
    Cant wait for triple live, hope its avaaible as a stand alone cd.
    Yeah Man Against Machine to me is up there with In Pieces and the earlier records in terms of amazing songs and practically no filler, big improvement over the last studio albums before retirement.

Gunslinger fights it out with Fresh Horses for title of worst GB album, 4 good songs at best.

Anthology's as books are incredibly well done, the first one being the best but trotting out Double Live AGAIN was just lazy and frankly insulting. He should've added the full Central Park show either on CD or DVD instead of reissuing one of the most boring live albums ever for the 39th time.

https://1067thebull.iheart.com/featu...about-himself/

Another article that mentions Fun! And that the release date could even be 2020. I'm glad a pre ordered that album in 2018 ���� Wont ever do that again!

I just listened to his interview with Bobby Bones this morning, and he said it would be out this summer. Not sure if I believe it since he said back in February or so it would be released in the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellie View Post
    I just listened to his interview with Bobby Bones this morning, and he said it would be out this summer. Not sure if I believe it since he said back in February or so it would be released in the spring.
    Absolutely ridiculous that it shouldn't be out by late summer/early fall at the latest. We've been waiting for this album for way too long.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyankfanken View Post
    https://1067thebull.iheart.com/featu...about-himself/

Another article that mentions Fun! And that the release date could even be 2020. I'm glad a pre ordered that album in 2018 ���� Wont ever do that again!
    hehe another article from Denver! (hey I had to!!) (though Im' more of a KYGO 98.5 person and not 106.7 the Bull (106.7 was always a metal/hard rock station growing up) ) .. ok , will look at the article before commenting on it! (but did get the audio off of YouTube from the bobby bones interview)
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

ok- listening to hte bobby bones interview.. (not too bad!) (most of the stuff in the 'urban legends' part - already knew but yeah- good interview!)

From garth's mouth.. 'Fun's coming this summer, and nothing like Dive bar to kind of cap off the fun for it, it's been a blast. Making the record".. another song title slipped out.. Party-Gras

(and 'It's a hard way to make.. (bobby talks over him) )

ok- So, unless there's something different happening- I don't think we're eating till 2020 for this record

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Didn't he say the album would come out during "Dive Bar's" run?

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    on Inside Studio G This week I think his exact 'wording' was something like 'in the middle of Dive Bar' (you'd have to check my recap to be sure...)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    on Inside Studio G This week I think his exact 'wording' was something like 'in the middle of Dive Bar' (you'd have to check my recap to be sure...)
    Which I think both say essentially the same thing. But we'll just have to see what he means by that, since I seem to remember that the run for "Ask Me How I Know" went for like 6 months.

If guess it just depends on where he's at with it. If he's fully recorded all 10-12 tracks, but they just have to be mixed and mastered, then great. That could be done in a few weeks probably. But if he's still recording, then I just don't see the thing coming out any sooner than the fall. I still think it's funny that he said they already have like 4 songs mixed as if that meant he was pretty far along in the process because he's already released 4 completed songs: All Day Long, The Road I'm On, Stronger Than Me, and now Dive Bar. If those are the 4 he's referring to, then that's hilarious because it will really mean that he's not very far along at all.

I dunno, first he said Spring, now it's maybe summer, and at some point he floated the possibility of bumping it all the way to 2020. So who the heck knows when it'll really come out.

Boy if it gets bumped to 2020, that would suck.

But it seems every other interview is saying the USA summer. So Im guessing within a couple of months!!!! :-)

Bobby Bones asked him this morning and all he said was ďThis summerĒ. They also played a game called Garth urban legends. One of the questions was about Garth once paying a songwriter $10,000 for a song. Garth kinda seemed uncomfortable about it and told Bobby Iíll talk to you about it off air. They quickly moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Boy if it gets bumped to 2020, that would suck.

But it seems every other interview is saying the USA summer. So Im guessing within a couple of months!!!! :-)
    Yes Brett.... every other interview (incl. 2 that have been referenced in this thread and/or others) indicate a summer 2019 release... I doubt its slipping to 2020

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by copinark View Post
    Bobby Bones asked him this morning and all he said was “This summer”. They also played a game called Garth urban legends. One of the questions was about Garth once paying a songwriter $10,000 for a song. Garth kinda seemed uncomfortable about it and told Bobby I’ll talk to you about it off air. They quickly moved on.
    There was a bit more to that..

"Brooks once paid a songwriter $10K after not recording his song as promised. Again, Brooks confirmed that this story is true, but he would discuss it more with Bones off air."

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread