+ Reply to Thread

Thread: iHeart awards 2019

In the USA, the best country in the world

iHeart awards 2019

The Video:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eylvsdsmkp...02019.mp4?dl=0

The audio

https://www.dropbox.com/s/prxf3satmc...02019.mp3?dl=0

I will keep them available for a day or two...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I couldn't believe he didn't sing "The Dance" because it's his favorite song he's ever done. The medleys at CMA Fest 2017 and the 2008 ACMs were better IMHO.

I am still confused as to how he is the artist of the decade? I love Garth but really? He sold a lot of concert tickets but I think Chris Stapleton or as much as it pains me to say Luke Bryan were way bigger. Just confused

In the USA, the best country in the world
    I think it has a lot to do with the way he came back combined with sales, combined with wanting to be so friendly with country radio... but that's just me
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I think it was because he had a more visible name to the audience than Luke or Chris. Sure with country radio/fans, they know Chris and Luke. But to the pop fan and overall music business, everyone knows Garth. Plus they had the numbers to hype him with the 3 year concert, hyped up sales of his music and Anthology's, the Diamond Awards, etc. They wanted big names to attract the casual music fan. I mean why give the touring award to Taylor? They can make up all kinds of things to hype someone and I think they wanted a well known name to the general public rather than just country superstars.

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    I am still confused as to how he is the artist of the decade? I love Garth but really? He sold a lot of concert tickets but I think Chris Stapleton or as much as it pains me to say Luke Bryan were way bigger. Just confused
    Yeah, I just don't see Garth deserving Artist of the Decade, especially when he was absent for nearly a 3rd of that decade. The 90's? Oh sure... no question it was Garth. But 2010-2019??? No way!

Having the top selling tour in US history is HUGE!!

He did that without selling tickets at 200 bucks a ticket like some acts do. He also did that without having fans pay "extra" to get a "presale" on tickets...

I think that deserves praise from iheart.
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

I agree but then give him the entertainer of the decade award. He has 2 #1 singles this decade.

I agree but then give him the entertainer of the decade award. He has 2 #1 singles this decade.
    I know about AMHIK, but what's the other one?

More then a memory

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Having the top selling tour in US history is HUGE!!

He did that without selling tickets at 200 bucks a ticket like some acts do. He also did that without having fans pay "extra" to get a "presale" on tickets...

I think that deserves praise from iheart.
    I don't think that's true though. Granted, my sources are Wikipedia, but just for an example:

U2's three tours between 2009-2018 sold a whopping 10,908,915 tickets.

Ed Sheeran's solo tours (not counting shows where he opened for T-Swift) have sold 8,876,840 tickets, and his tour is still going.

Coldplay's three tours this decade sold 7,812,096 tickets

Garth's 2014-2017 tour, by comparison, sold 4,743,727 tickets (and I'm not clear whether that counts the 400K+ tickets that were sold in Ireland and Tampa but were eventually refunded).

Now of just those artists, Ed Sheeran has released 3 album which have sold an amazing 32.1 million copies worldwide, each with multiple smash radio hits. Coldplay has released 3 studio albums and 2 live albums this decade which combined have sold 18.7 million copies, and again with multiple smash radio hits. U2 has released 2 studio albums which were well received, but sold in numbers closer to MAM and Gunslinger.

Don't get me wrong, what Garth has done and achieved this decade has been amazing, but it's not like he was head and tails over other artists!! Heck, if it's me voting, Ed Sheeran is the CLEAR choice for artist of the decade, and I don't even like his music!! I think Coldplay, Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, and 1-2 other artists are in the conversation as good runners-up long before Garth. But maybe that's just me.

More then a memory
    That was 2007.

That was one of his worst TV appearances I can remember. Out of breath quickly, electric guitar as a prop the whole time.

The wiki page seems to be wrong. garth 2014-2017 tour sold 6.4 million tickets, not 4.4 million.

Biggest tour in North America ever and biggest Arena tour ever. It was also just one tour.

Ive just seen bits and pieces on youtube, I liked his performance.

+ Reply to Thread