+ Reply to Thread

Thread: St. Louis Stadium Tour

St. Louis Stadium Tour

https://www.facebook.com/groups/gart...014618?sfns=mo

Please delete if not allowed or the link doesnít work or you need to change the title. This is sound check getting ready to kick off his stadium tours. Itís so great to see Ty England alongside Garth singing and strumming. Heíll have his cowboy hat on for the concert
    ~"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide."~
    ~"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."~
    -Garth Brooks

You can also go to KIX 106 Memphis Facebook page and view the video.
    ~"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide."~
    ~"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."~
    -Garth Brooks

I already posted it on the PG Facebook page

Anyone find any videos of Garth singing Ireland or Red Strokes from tonight's concert?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Anyone find any videos of Garth singing Ireland or Red Strokes from tonight's concert?
    Been looking, but not yet.

Someone posted the thunder rolls on youtube. There
    are bits and pieces of other songs, like the river and two pina coldas on twitter.

Did he sing the full versions during the encore? Or was it housekeeping??

Great to see all the great reviews on twitter of the concert!!!

People had a blast, garth knocked it out of the park, apparently!!! :-)

Setlist

Great show!!! Here you go

The Road Iím On
    All Day Long
    Two Pina Coladas
    Rodeo
    Two of Kind
    River
    Fishin in the Dark
    That Summer
    Papa Loved Mama
    Thunder Rolls
    Unanswered Prayers
    Ask Me How I Know
    Much To Young
    Beaches of Cheyenne
    Walkaway Joe (Trisha)
    Sheís in Love With the Boy (Trisha)
    Callin Baton Rouge
    Shameless
    Friends in Low Places
    The Dance
    Wolves (Full)
    Wrapped Up In You
    Sheís Every Woman
    To Make You Feel My Love
    Ireland
    Whatís Sheís Doin Now
    Stronger Than Me
    Tacoma
    Red Strokes
    Standing Outside the Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post

are bits and pieces of other songs, like the river and two pina coldas on twitter.

It was housekeeping. Best concert I've been to of his, though my experiences are probably minimal compared to others around here (I've only been to 5 or 6 shows), he made The Road I'm On a formidable opening. Dunno if the Trisha songs will be permanent fixtures, sounds like it was just because she had to cancel the tailgate.

What She's Doing Now?!!! I would've love to see that live!

The only negative I've seen on social media is for some people it took them forever to get into the stadium. Apparently the city of St. Louis wasn't ready and traffic was horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    The only negative I've seen on social media is for some people it took them forever to get into the stadium. Apparently the city of St. Louis wasn't ready and traffic was horrible.
    It wasn't that the city of St. Louis wasn't ready. The Dome is a crap stadium, and there were multiple other events right in the same area (connected to the Dome is the big convention center they do all of their boat shows and comic cons in and they had something there). They didnt open doors until about 30-45 minutes after it was time to which also hampered things considerably.

Entering the Dome was a nightmare. Show started 50 min late because people weren’t in. Garth was for sure a bit rusty, forgot the words to Rodeo and asked the audience for help and also forgot Two of a Kind as he played the same vs twice in a row.

Big takeaways for me:

As mentioned above, ďThe Road Iím OnĒ is a great opener. Gets everybody pumped up.

The stage is a monster. Really cool special effects throughout.

Garth is NOT using his typical Takamine guitar. Heís using the one weíve seen before with the customized feedback buster (thinking itís maybe a P3DC). My guess is itís all about controlling feedback in the big stadiums. He also wore ear monitors.

Amazing to see Ty England back up there. Same with Steve McClure.

Bob Doyle was at the show (originally from Missouri). He was included with band introductions... along with the lighting guy thatís also originally from Missouri..

There were some obvious little bumps and mess ups last night, but I love that stuff. Shows theyíre human. Garth completely forgot Beaches of Cheyenne so they put it in later.

Garth mentioned last night that ďtheyĒ are making a documentary about being on tour. Something to look forward to.

Housekeeping was awesome. See above for setlist.

Thought there might be a surprise or two in the setlist, but there wasnít. No Ainít Goin Down or Fever.

75k there last night. Largest crowd ever in that venue.

Go see the show!

How did he make his entrance? He said it would be different from the last tour.

who's garth's guitar player now is garcia still with him or someone else?

Short clip below of the opener. Love the entrance. If anyone finds a full version, please post!

https://twitter.com/thegarthfan/stat...483289602?s=21

Still not sure why he picked St. Louis. So many better places but guess he was looking for a place that held a ton of people.
    The stage looks busy but will have to go to a concert before I give it a final decision
    The entrance was better but nothing will top not counting you and coming up as in this is garth brooks tv special.

The set list was surprising to me.
    No covers all garth music. Why i wonder? Its kind of been his thing to do encore covers
    Played most from no fences and ropin the wind. I remember him saying after the last tour it was to put to bed the old stuff and the next tour would be a new start. Last night showed something different. He did play 3 off the new album but only one from MAM and gunslinger.

New Era hats

Anyone ever figure out what the deal is with the New Era hats? It was an Ask Garth question last week on Inside Studio G and he inferred that it would be addressed at the Press Conference Friday...which it wasnít.

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    Still not sure why he picked St. Louis. So many better places but guess he was looking for a place that held a ton of people.
    The stage looks busy but will have to go to a concert before I give it a final decision
    The entrance was better but nothing will top not counting you and coming up as in this is garth brooks tv special.

The set list was surprising to me.
    No covers all garth music. Why i wonder? Its kind of been his thing to do encore covers
    Played most from no fences and ropin the wind. I remember him saying after the last tour it was to put to bed the old stuff and the next tour would be a new start. Last night showed something different. He did play 3 off the new album but only one from MAM and gunslinger.
    St Louis’ stadium is covered, right? Maybe after Notre Dame in October he insisted on starting somewhere in March with a closed roof, and St. Louis became an obvious choice.

Also, Fishin in the Dark, Shameless, Callin Baton Rouge, and To Make You Feel My Love are all technically covers. But I know what you meant about encore covers.

Wow the concert looked so so good. Great setlist, from what ive watched on twitter/youtube, Garth really seemed to enjoy himself.

Going to be one heck of a tour.

I thought I might have missed it during the press conference. I'm looking forward to finally getting one of those!

New Era Hat

If any of you have an Instagram look up @hereliesmoon, he's a co-host of The Rizzuto Show at 105.7 The Point in St. Louis and the lead singer of Greek Fire. Trust me it's worth it.

Looks like he came out of the piano from what I saw on the video, another 90s throwback

Quote Originally Posted by Steven75407 View Post
    Looks like he came out of the piano from what I saw on the video, another 90s throwback
    It was a box way behind the band on the back part of the stage. Little bit of a fake out.

The show was awesome !!!

All day long , The Road Iím on , and Stronger than me sound awesome live !

Parking and the crowd getting in was a nightmare , there were some other events in downtown on top of this concert .

But hey what mattered was the show and it was awesome . I wish GB would add some more of the new stuff in , but I understand the set list is tough ... itís hard to know what songs to take out !! Heck just keep adding more in , we could have stayed All Day Long ..haha
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Stronger Than Me

Did anyone get a video of Stronger Than Me? It was my sign and I lived in the moment instead of recording it myself. My friend got a great video of just Garth because he was like 30 feet from us. What id like to see is some good Screen footage if anyone has it. I've seen a couple okay videos on Facebook so far but haven't been able to save the video. Any help is appreciated.
    Happiness isn't getting what you want, it is wanting what you've got.
    GB

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post

Damn that's a great setlist, hope that means some of this stuff hits the expanded Triple Live.

Quote Originally Posted by CER956 View Post
    Damn that's a great setlist, hope that means some of this stuff hits the expanded Triple Live.
    I've now seen him 12 times, and heard 6 songs I had not seen in concert. The Road I'm On, All Day Long, Fishin in the Dark, Stronger Than Me, Tacoma, and What She's Do'in Now.
    Happiness isn't getting what you want, it is wanting what you've got.
    GB

+ Reply to Thread