+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth Not touring overseas because of costs thing

Garth Not touring overseas because of costs thing

I remember once hearing Garth saying one of the reasons he wont go overseas
    is because of the cost of shipping his stages, taking it apart and shipping it.

Yesterday Eminem did a concert in New Zealand, he played to 46K people.

On our news they were talking about his stage the setup.

The people who set up his stage said, they had a call from Eminem's people,
    they told them, what they wanted the stage to look like and could it be done.

They told him yes, so he came here.

This may sound dumb, but it would appear, artists don't take their stages apart and ship them overseas, they
    just I guess send the plans of what they want to the local promoters and they hire a crew
    to set it up.

All part of the costs I guess.

Maybe this is what Garth should do.

If hes doing ten concerts a year, a quick trip overseas should be able to be fit in.

Opps this shouldve been posted in the tour forum.

I don't know what Garth's problem is with overseas touring. I guess he knows he can make more money in the USA, because there are more people into country music and he stadiums are bigger. More and more country artists are touring Europe or at least coming over for some festivals. If Brad Paisley can do it, Garth can do it. He just needs to WANT it. I guess he doesn't want it that badly. Sadly enough.
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

I think it's as simple as not wanting to be away from his home for any lengthy period of time. It's a definite pattern, that he only will do shows over the weekend, and now with stadiums it's streamlined even more to only Saturday shows, MN being an exception.

I have no doubt that it would be more or less impossible to undertake an overseas tour with those restrictions. Maintaining that schedule would hurt financially. Spending several weeks doing shows throughout Europe would definitely turn a profit, but it would keep him away from home for more than the few days he's used to.

It wouldn't surprise me if his popularity has decreased significantly overseas in recent years, since he's ignored them completely. He could have capitalized on his return from retirement by playing shows over there, but he didn't. There was a point where he would have had no trouble selling out stadiums in several countries, just because demand has built up. I'm not sure if that's still the case, or if he's even marketing to Europe anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    I think it's as simple as not wanting to be away from his home for any lengthy period of time. It's a definite pattern, that he only will do shows over the weekend, and now with stadiums it's streamlined even more to only Saturday shows, MN being an exception.

I have no doubt that it would be more or less impossible to undertake an overseas tour with those restrictions. Maintaining that schedule would hurt financially. Spending several weeks doing shows throughout Europe would definitely turn a profit, but it would keep him away from home for more than the few days he's used to.

It wouldn't surprise me if his popularity has decreased significantly overseas in recent years, since he's ignored them completely. He could have capitalized on his return from retirement by playing shows over there, but he didn't. There was a point where he would have had no trouble selling out stadiums in several countries, just because demand has built up. I'm not sure if that's still the case, or if he's even marketing to Europe anymore.
    I was going to chime in with a similar opinion about it being more about not wanting to be away from home than any real cost concerns. I think if he could play Ireland and make it work, he'd do it in a second, but that a lengthy or even short tour to multiple overseas locations just doesn't appeal to him.

We had Ashley McBryde come over this weekend for the country to country festival. She's coming back again in October. Chris Young is coming over in May and doing a tour of the UK taking in London, Manchester and somewhere else.

Garth can come back to his beloved Ireland if he wants, but he won't. I think he wants to fix what happened in 2014 and the impression I'm getting it's five or none which is absolutely nonsense. He can do a tour of Ireland and do what Ed Sheeran did last year, followed by three nights in Croke Park. **** it, if he wants his five nights, he can play two weekends in a row so as not to stress out the residents with five nights in a row.

There is a 2014-17 WORLD TOUR Poster in the Store, and that fits Garth just fine.

To him, the WORLD extends North to Canada, and South to Texas.

World Tour sounds a heck of a lot more impressive than North American Tour, so why let a minor detail like the countries he's played get in the way of a good slogan.

I think the only place Garth wanted to play in Europe was Ireland. When that fell through he said screw it.

I don’t think cost has anything to do with it.
    I think the reasons are
    - He does not want to be away from his family that long. He is a grandpa now and wants to spend time with his family
    - Trisha said no
    - He would have to perform a lot. He has a good deal now where he is doing shows here and there then going home
    - I still think he has a sour taste in his mouth from the last time he was there. The media over there treated him like a typical country hick and I think it pissed him off.
    - I think he will do shows in Ireland eventually

Thing is, he wouldnt have to spend so much time away, he could just fly over and spend just two or three days for a concert, heck some artists here have flown
    in the morning of the concert and then left straight afterwards.

I would think as an artist, there may be cities he would love to play, like he said in that 2015 interview, he would to play Russia/France/Japan.

That would be super cool if he did.

Well, whatever his reasons... it is very disappointing for his fans. It really bothers me that he said he would tour outside of North America after the arena tour. And then he follows it with a 3-year Stadium Tour... in the USA. Makes me roll my eyes. LOUDLY!
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

+ Reply to Thread