+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Garth on Vinyl

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    I know people dont get it till November, but has anything come out, on what are the extra songs that are in triple live (The ones that weren't on the fanmix) Also
    what are the bonus songs on No Fences, In Pieces, The Chase and Fresh Horses???
    I am betting that info won’t be released until literally just before release.

The Numbers are out.

from twitter nashcountydaily

Sold 20,000 Vinyl Boxed Sets on Thursday. Each Set Has 7 Records Available in 3 Packages (Analog, Remix-Remaster & Limited). 20,000 X 7 X 3 = 420,000 Vinyl Records Sold. Garth Wins at Life Again

Cool info Brett. I wonder if it includes the Friday numbers also?

The Numbers are out.

from twitter nashcountydaily

Sold 20,000 Vinyl Boxed Sets on Thursday. Each Set Has 7 Records Available in 3 Packages (Analog, Remix-Remaster & Limited). 20,000 X 7 X 3 = 420,000 Vinyl Records Sold. Garth Wins at Life Again
    And if each box also has 7 CDs then I guess that 420,000 number doubles for RIAA purposes.

I like the idea of the vinyl sets but I do not have any way to play them. Because of that I cannot see myself paying that price for the set. What I would like are the CDís with the extra songs sold on their own as a separate set.

I was right! Straight from Garth’s webpage:

The LEGACY COLLECTION includes 3 boxed sets--The Limited, Original Analog, and Remixed/Remastered Editions. Each box includes 7 vinyl albums and 7 CDs with bonus tracks. Your special 6-digit number will be on each box, making it a one-of-a-kind collection.

https://garthbrooks.com/vinyl
    Last edited by Emerald Isle; 03-14-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Yes, triple live bumps the count to 7!

The question in the Studio G thread was whether there would be CDs in every box, or just the Limited Box. Some thought that they would only get 1 set of CDs between all 3 boxes. I interpreted Garth's comments to mean that each box would have 7 LPs and 7 CDs. Turns out I was correct, since right on Garth's own site it says each box will come with CDs. So that means that for each pre-order of the three boxes that Garth sells in these pre-sale windows, he will get 42 units counted toward his RIAA totals. Now if only he would include a free mp3 download of each disc as well, he could bump up that total to a whopping 63 units shipped for every one sale. (please detect my extreme sarcasm and eye-rolling).

One interesting thing about the wording of the description, though, is that it could mean that only the CDs will have the extra tracks, and not the LPs. Here's the exact wording from Garth's site: "Each box includes 7 vinyl albums and 7 CDs with bonus tracks." Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    The question in the Studio G thread was whether there would be CDs in every box, or just the Limited Box. Some thought that they would only get 1 set of CDs between all 3 boxes. I interpreted Garth's comments to mean that each box would have 7 LPs and 7 CDs. Turns out I was correct, since right on Garth's own site it says each box will come with CDs. So that means that for each pre-order of the three boxes that Garth sells in these pre-sale windows, he will get 42 units counted toward his RIAA totals. Now if only he would include a free mp3 download of each disc as well, he could bump up that total to a whopping 63 units shipped for every one sale. (please detect my extreme sarcasm and eye-rolling).

One interesting thing about the wording of the description, though, is that it could mean that only the CDs will have the extra tracks, and not the LPs. Here's the exact wording from Garth's site: "Each box includes 7 vinyl albums and 7 CDs with bonus tracks." Thoughts?
    I take that to mean ONLY the Cd's will have the bonus tracks.

In terms of RIAA Numbers, my head is spinning, trying to work it out, and how the RIAA will certified this thing.

They have sold 20K units so far. They're having two more Sales day right?

One today and one in a few weeks????

So lets say all up, they sell 50K.

50000 X 63 = 3,150,000.

So 3,150,000 X 7= 22,050,000.

So Garth will get 22 million added to his RIAA Total????

I take that to mean ONLY the Cd's will have the bonus tracks.

In terms of RIAA Numbers, my head is spinning, trying to work it out, and how the RIAA will certified this thing.

They have sold 20K units so far. They're having two more Sales day right?

One today and one in a few weeks????

So lets say all up, they sell 50K.

50000 X 63 = 3,150,000.

So 3,150,000 X 7= 22,050,000.

So Garth will get 22 million added to his RIAA Total????
    The 63 number would only apply if Garth includes free mp3's of each album in each box. But THAT hasn't been advertised. So for now, we'll just assume that for everyone that orders all 3 boxes, Garth will get 42 units shipped.

So if he were to get 50,000 total preorders of all 3 boxes (42 discs total) through Hashtag's company, then that would be 50k preorders x 42 discs, and Garth would get 2.1 million units added to his RIAA totals.

There is an important element to this whole thing that I think we are missing. The key factor is HOW Garth chooses to certify this box. If he chooses to get the certification for the box as a whole then he has technically already moved 840,000 units by the RIAA rule (21 vinyls and 21 CDs for every person that has bought a set - 42 x 20,000). However, this would be a certification for "LEGACY" the box set and would in no way help The Chase/In Pieces to go Diamond or No Fences to go Double Diamond. The certification would be for THE BOX AS A WHOLE not the individual albums.

Historically Garth has had each individual album in his box sets certified individually. If that is the case then 20,000 people buying the 3-box set adds 120,000 to each album and 240,000 to Triple Live. The RIAA only certifies at 500,000 units (Gold) and each million milestone afternoon that (1 million, 2 million, etc.) Of course, we have no idea how close The Chase, In Pieces, No Fences, etc. are to the next 1 million milestone.

My suspicion, like many of you, is that he is going after moving several of his catalog albums up a step. If that is the case then this certification will be spread out over the individual records and not certified as the whole box.

The 63 number would only apply if Garth includes free mp3's of each album in each box. But THAT hasn't been advertised. So for now, we'll just assume that for everyone that orders all 3 boxes, Garth will get 42 units shipped.

So if he were to get 50,000 total preorders of all 3 boxes (42 discs total) through Hashtag's company, then that would be 50k preorders x 42 discs, and Garth would get 2.1 million units added to his RIAA totals.
    Oh boy I was off then. 2.1 Million makes much more sense and that would take him to 150 Million!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    There is an important element to this whole thing that I think we are missing. The key factor is HOW Garth chooses to certify this box. If he chooses to get the certification for the box as a whole then he has technically already moved 840,000 units by the RIAA rule (21 vinyls and 21 CDs for every person that has bought a set - 42 x 20,000). However, this would be a certification for "LEGACY" the box set and would in no way help The Chase/In Pieces to go Diamond or No Fences to go Double Diamond. The certification would be for THE BOX AS A WHOLE not the individual albums.

Historically Garth has had each individual album in his box sets certified individually. If that is the case then 20,000 people buying the 3-box set adds 120,000 to each album and 240,000 to Triple Live. The RIAA only certifies at 500,000 units (Gold) and each million milestone afternoon that (1 million, 2 million, etc.) Of course, we have no idea how close The Chase, In Pieces, No Fences, etc. are to the next 1 million milestone.

My suspicion, like many of you, is that he is going after moving several of his catalog albums up a step. If that is the case then this certification will be spread out over the individual records and not certified as the whole box.
    I agree! He’ll add the shipments to each individual album. Otherwise, why would he have picked these particlular albums, if not to move them each closer to Diamond status (and in No Fences’ case, closer to Double Diamond status)?!?

So much going on here. Most cds haven't been certified in years. So he will probably have enough to get The Chase up to Diamond. I am wondering if he will get the Bundle certified from Ghost Tunes, The Chase/In Pieces 25th anniversary, Christmas Together, Amazon/Ticketmaster Triple Live downloads, plus his streaming on Amazon, etc. The numbers will be interesting once he adds Legacy numbers. How high can he go? We probably won't know until November once Legacy is sent out, the stand alone Triple Live, etc.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Hmmm.... I gotta say, maybe I'm just not as much into the Numbers as some of y'all are, or as much as Garth is... We all know he's into the #'s game..

I will say this much (and lol- some online would maybe shocked t hear it come out of me ) I

I believe I was wrong- I went back to listen to Garth's words about the CD's on the set, etc. I was sure he'd talked about 7 cd's , not 7 with each set...

After a second listen, I think I was wrong- You are gonna be getting 3 different 'collections' of 7 CD's with the vinyl too, so 21 CD's in the 'set'..

I do think that the cd's are gonna be the 'pieces' of this legacy set that have bonus songs on them.. I'm only hoping that the 'bonus' songs aren't things that were already released (anonymous, this ain't tennessee, etc...) and truly are bonus songs....

But....

I got it wrong..
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

That’s a very interesting article. Thanks for posting!

I found it looking for his album sales records. I don’t know what to think after reading it. Is he just all about money and legacy at this point? Does he care about new albums and getting hit singles? Have we all been duped?

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    I found it looking for his album sales records. I don’t know what to think after reading it. Is he just all about money and legacy at this point? Does he care about new albums and getting hit singles? Have we all been duped?
    I think he cares. We know he's still passionate about singles because he worked super hard to get AMHIK to #1. And he freakin' rented out the Cowboys' stadium and flew in radio station owners and producers from all over the country to launch BLLDAD. So yes, he cares.

Album-wise, I think he only truly has faith in the first 7 albums, and so he will try to repackage and resell those for the rest of his career. Anything Scarecrow on, he seems to resort to gimmicks to make them sell in high numbers, like bundling Gunslinger in the Ultimate Collection Box, or by including MAM and GS in the digital bundle, or by giving away free copies of Triple Live, including it in the book, and now throwing it in with the vinyl set on both LP and CD.

I think it's obvious he cares, so to speak, but I agree with you that at least part of that is driven by a sheer unquenchable lust for RIAA accolades and Platinum and Diamond awards.

I miss the days when he would just release an album and promote it and nothing else. No ulterior motives. No gimmicks to boost sales or shipment totals for the RIAA. No retailer exclusive deals to ensure that it "sells" 1 million copies. No packaging it with all the old songs. --- Just a new album with new songs that he couldn't wait to sing live. Man, I really miss that Garth!!

It was an interesting article. Very confusing since it included the TEA and SEA stuff. I don't think those have been certified by the RIAA yet so the numbers might be skewed. Will we ever really know? But it confirm that he is the top seller with 73 million per soundscan, not counting the McDonalds cd. I think the article would have been easier to understand for me if they would have seperated the USA/Canada totals from the worldwide. I can't believe the worldwide sales were so small. I know the countries are smaller but....Again, people can read the numbers anyway they want. randa16 great article. Thanks.

stil PUMPED for the vinyl boxes!!!!!

I really hope the rest of the albums are going to be on vinyl as well. Sevens, Scarecrow, Gunslinger, Man Against Machine, Lost Sessions. I want them ALL!!!
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

I think he cares. We know he's still passionate about singles because he worked super hard to get AMHIK to #1. And he freakin' rented out the Cowboys' stadium and flew in radio station owners and producers from all over the country to launch BLLDAD. So yes, he cares.

Album-wise, I think he only truly has faith in the first 7 albums, and so he will try to repackage and resell those for the rest of his career. Anything Scarecrow on, he seems to resort to gimmicks to make them sell in high numbers, like bundling Gunslinger in the Ultimate Collection Box, or by including MAM and GS in the digital bundle, or by giving away free copies of Triple Live, including it in the book, and now throwing it in with the vinyl set on both LP and CD.

I think it's obvious he cares, so to speak, but I agree with you that at least part of that is driven by a sheer unquenchable lust for RIAA accolades and Platinum and Diamond awards.

I miss the days when he would just release an album and promote it and nothing else. No ulterior motives. No gimmicks to boost sales or shipment totals for the RIAA. No retailer exclusive deals to ensure that it "sells" 1 million copies. No packaging it with all the old songs. --- Just a new album with new songs that he couldn't wait to sing live. Man, I really miss that Garth!!
    Im the same, just release a standalone album, I guess its the way things are done these days.

+ Reply to Thread