+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Garth on Vinyl

I should never be on a jury, Im too easily swayed.

I read one post, and I think , it was all a plan for the server to go down.

I read another, and I think, of course it wasnt, servers go down all the time.

Judging by the comments that Bryan Moore (Who I think is a good guy) gets on twitter, talk show live isnt huge.

So it might not take a massive volume to bring the server down.

On the other hand, Garth is smart, and you would think they would've worked out how many people will be trying to buy this thing.

When the people who do the boxoffice, try to predict what a movie is going to make, they're normally quite spot on.

The movie "IT" being an exception, it far far far exceeded what it was suppose to take in.

Now with music, they must of had a number they were expecting, Im thinking around 5K.

Im guessing at the top of the range, they may of been 10-15K.

Things wouldve been set up for this.

So How many people were trying to get into talk shop live????

The website seems to indicate they have 10K followers??

How many of those 10K were trying to buy Vinyl?
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 02-27-2019 at 08:16 PM.

Garth just tweeted out it was the Bots that crashed the site.

Garth Brooks
    ‏Verified account @garthbrooks
    54m54 minutes ago

#GARTHonVINYL update 1: You all were great yesterday, and I appreciate that beyond words. We want to do something special for you. The bots crashed the site, but we do know the registration list is purely humans

Latest tweet from Garth...

Garth Brooks
    55m55 minutes ago

#GARTHonVINYL update 2: I would like to strongly urge you to register now https://garthbrooks.com/vinyl cause I am thinking we might give you a special heads up �� thank you again and thank you in advance. Tomorrow is going to be AWESOME! love, g

I am sorta glad the thing crashed. After thinking it over I am probably only going to buy 1 numbered collection. I think it is crazy to try and get six covers of the vinyl triple live.
    I gave away my cassette collection and am just into the cds. I even gave away my 45's. I am just curious how they will do the cds. I don't think they will have a cover and will be inserted much like the Anthology. I could be wrong. When he releases Triple Live in the fall will the cds have the original covers or new ones? So I will just get 1 numbered copy and buy any others at retail. I keep seeing mentions that they will be released soon but by November. I think in the next couple weeks to coincide with the stadium tour. May be easier to buy different versions at retail.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    Not trying to be difficult, but I just read an article saying there was something like 800 billion streams last year and the 2 major streaming services have almost 100 million subscribers. I’m not sure how that qualifies as “niche”. On the contrary, there were like 16 million vinyl albums sold last year TOTAL. That’s a very small piece of the music consumption pie and I think most would call that a niche market. The music industry itself calls it that.
    As i understand it, the LARGEST selling album (vinyl) last year sold a whopping 84000 copies... well there were 2 albums tied at the top- Michael Jackson's Thriller and Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack...

The largest selling CD of 2018 (acc to https://www.statista.com/) was The Greatest Showman, with sales of over 1.2 MILLION.. that's not including streaming I believe, that's physical sales...

one's a niche (vinyl).. one's not (CDs) though CD sales are plummeting .. physical media as a whole is 'dying' slowly
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    This is really funny stuff to me , it’s pretty simple , the servers weren’t strong enough.

Some of you think vinyl is niche, but heck isn’t any medium for music a niche ? Streaming is ..... cds are .... heck the radio is .
    I had statistics when I was trying to/going to post about this yesterday- didn't happen. The thing is, no I don't think any medium is a niche.

a definition of niche is "pertaining to or intended for a market niche; having specific appeal:".. Cds, radio, streaming- they dont' just really have 'specific' appeal. they appeal to the whole, the general music buying population.

Vinyl is far more a niche market than other formats.. it WAS a generally popular format- about 35 - 40 years ago...

The fact of the matter is this is a popular release and this is the only place to preorder it right now. They’ll reinforce the servers and it will work.

Garth’s a popular artist , I’m not ever surprised when the servers can’t support the demand whether it be on ticketmaster or anything .
    of course the servers will be 'reinforced'.. it will 'work' and 'work brilliantly' today most likely..

the point of that is though... (or the suspicion that is still there) is/was the disruption of the servers genuinely due to overwhelming demand, or due to an incompetent server, OR was it due to a purposed disruption designed to boost sales/ bring hype/news to the project

Quote Originally Posted by CER956 View Post
    The site crashing due to a few thousand orders is as plausible to me as scrapping a new record due to dropping your iPhone in water.

With technology as advanced as it is these days.....I call Bull.
    I'd forgotten about that 'event'.. I still call 'shenanigans' on that too...

-------

overall, there's too much to question to believe that it's honestly the type of 'oops' situation garth has made it out to be.. "oh the bots crashed the servers"..

that may work for tickets, but I don't nec. see the truthfulness in that statement concerning Garth and physical sales of a vinyl record......
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Had mine reserved then got kicked out after waiting fifteen minutes. This is like trying to run NASA on a Geocities site. Just put it on a site like YouTube that can handle the traffic.

Well it seems partial success tonight, judging by twitter, around 60% of people had the system crash on them but around 40% seem to have gotten their order!!! :-)

This of course is just twitter and just going by about ten people.

But I could view the video at talkshoplive, so it seems things went good,a lthough judging by the chat below the
    video at talkshoplive a lot of people werent able to buy it, they got stalled at checkout.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 02-28-2019 at 07:24 PM.

Luckily got mine after getting booted at check out a couple of times.

Got my number and then it wouldn’t process at checkout. Never been able to get back in. Pretty ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    Got my number and then it wouldn’t process at checkout. Never been able to get back in. Pretty ridiculous.
    Same here. Now it’s completely crashed.

I tried I know 8 times. All of my info was put in, then there wasn't a complete my order button, then there was, then it crashed. I am not happy that I did not get my special number because of stupid talkshop live. I even tried other numbers because I was desperate to buy. Then I had two in my shopping cart and I pressed complete order button and nothing. It timed out on me. What am I to think about this? This was a catastrophe.
    ~"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide."~
    ~"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."~
    -Garth Brooks

I am out on this vinyl gimmick. I don't own a record player nor do I want a record player and the few extra songs he puts on the albums will be on youtube soon enough and I will rip it for free, or wait for Walmart to have it reduced from $50 to $15 by Christmas. What is next let me guess every album on 8 track and the year after on cassette?

Where is the track listings? why can we not see what we are buying?

He has once again screwed over his fans outside of the USA

The number thing is absolutely stupid, I can do this with a marker. The album cover makes no sense at all, what does an astronaut have to do with anything?

Fakes a crash to drum up free publicity and attention

Never been so disappointed in Garth

I wonder if/how Garth's team is going to fix this.
    ~"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide."~
    ~"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."~
    -Garth Brooks

Its a strange one, there are people on twitter saying they got it, but the amount of people saying they got thru all
    the stages, then at checkout it just crashed is staggering.

Lot of angry out there directed at talkshoplive, but if they're leaving it up for 24 hours, then maybe people
    who want it can try in the wee small hours, and they might get it.

Didn’t get one. Got close twice. Had number 256 and it crashed. So pissed. Stupid website, stupid system. What the hell did he sign with Amazon for? Now the site is gone?... I took off work two days early for this I LOST MONEY ON THIS!
    DONE!!!!

After many unsuccessful attempts, I finally got both numbers I wanted. My Birthday 020885 and my 1st Garth Show 012508! Only took an hour and a half! ��

gone to facebook, and it seems just like twitter people had trouble ordering. Fingers crossed for those that are still trying.

Garth sure is ticking off a whole bunch of people.

Quote Originally Posted by nyyankfanken View Post
    After many unsuccessful attempts, I finally got both numbers I wanted. My Birthday 020885 and my 1st Garth Show 012508! Only took an hour and a half! ��
    Well done for getting it!!

I really just want Garth to stick to normal selling methods. This is just stupid. Smh

Just surprised Bryan Moore or someone from his team hasnt tweeted out anything to give an update.

Someone who didnt receive one, are now getting the error message "Quantity Limit reached"

Did they sell out??? Will they ever give out how much they sold? People are still trying to order, judging by whats being written on social media.

I guess it was just an error message???

Garth Brooks has just tweeted out.

Garth Brooks
    14m14 minutes ago

Garth Brooks Retweeted Talk Shop Live

#GARTHonVINYL update: TalkShopLive is doing their best to speed up the order processing time! Thank you for being patient, they have assured us they will get your orders processed https://talkshop.live/stream/1780 - Team Garth

Talkshop live has just tweeted out....

Talk Shop Live
    ‏ @TalkShopLive

Dear fans of Garth Brooks. We apologize that some orders are taking longer to process - they are going through! Please keep trying and we will get your vinyls ordered.

Latest tweet from garth.

Garth Brooks
    10m10 minutes ago

They are going through, thank you for being so patient. TSL is actively looking at how to speed up the process even with the demand - Team Garth

I wanted the vinyl about as much as anyone, but I'm not going to deal with this. Garth had really frustrated me a lot over the last few years.

The site is back up and running at least.

Awesome it appears, people's orders are finally going through!!!!!

Twitter people are now tweeting their orders are being processed!!

+ Reply to Thread