+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Garth on Vinyl

Took me exactly three hours, and literally 17 attempts at purchasing that number but the system kept spinning and I'd get timed out, but I finally got my birthdate.

Ugh. I tried mobile. I tried safari. I tried Chrome. Finally got my number.

Huge clusterf--k. I understand fans wanting to buy 4 and 5 at a time, and I understand Garth giving that option. But it should have been one item per purchase, then if someone got one and wanted to get another, do another purchase.

If I didn't want these other vinyl editions to go with the two original presses I have, I would've said F it. Nevertheless... lol

I am so confused on this

do you get all three boxes for $100 or just one?

Also why is the original garth brooks album not included?

yes!!! you get the analog box, the digital remastered box, and the limited edition which includes the 180gram vinyl and the digital cds!

It's a heck of a deal...and the number is pretty dang cool.
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Congrats to those that scored. For me personally this is the single most frustrating thing Iíve ever dealt with concerning Garth. Tried almost 4 hours. Most ridiculous thing Iíve ever seen. The only way I purchase this set is if there are actual real bonus tracks on the CDs. Will wait to find out when we are actually told the track list of what we are buying (you know, like most acts do). Thanks to this fiasco he lost my purchase. If the bonus tracks are real bonus tracks will buy in store after the inevitable deep discount.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Yeah, 100$ for a number..... and 3 copies of same albums... and the cds.. . I'm more with Ryan on this one.. will buy in store if bonus tracks warrant it.. but this sounds (from what I've read) like it was a cluster#### of an event
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Yep worse than Ghosttunes apparently. Orders are being done, but people still waiting after four hours.

As someone on twitter said Garth has no idea about ecommerce. I cannot believe that Garth who is one of the most
    successful artists ever in the USA, (he must be worth $300-500 Million) will totally get so much wrong.

Man against machine, Im sorry Garth the Machine has kicked ya butt a few times, sad thing is, its of his own
    doing.

It shouldn't be that hard for people to get a Garth Brooks product in 2019.

Im pretty sure, next studio G, both Hashtag and Garth will say sorry, and all will be forgiven, thing is though, there will be
    something like this that happens again.

Its a shame because this Legacy set he's done looks amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Yep worse than Ghosttunes apparently.
    yikes....

As someone on twitter said Garth has no idea about ecommerce. I cannot believe that Garth who is one of the most
    successful artists ever in the USA, (he must be worth $300-500 Million) will totally get so much wrong.
    I think his failures are largely due to either his stubbornness, or really, an inability to adapt.. Either that, or Garth is content with nostalgia and milking the faithful repeatedly (ala KISS... I've gone off on other parallels their careers have taken)

Man against machine, Im sorry Garth the Machine has kicked ya butt a few times, sad thing is, its of his own
    doing.
    can't argue with that one.

It shouldn't be that hard for people to get a Garth Brooks product in 2019.
    SHOULDN'T be.....

Im pretty sure, next studio G, both Hashtag and Garth will say sorry, and all will be forgiven, thing is though, there will be
    something like this that happens again.

Its a shame because this Legacy set he's done looks amazing.
    Garth's a master at promotion and advertising.... (another trait he shares with KISS).. he will spin the situation....to his advantage

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

. thx

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Well I guess I lied. I went back to try a couple of times and got my birthday. Wasnít my first choice. Was actually going to do my first Garth show in Ď91. However, I think it might have worked out best. Still doesnít change how frustrating of a process it was.

Well done on those that got it.

Heres the thing, The Jonas Brothers have just released a comeback album, top trends on twitter is of course all about them. Im guessing no matter what platform
    their fanbase is buying their album from, there will be no delay and no issue.

Im guessing if Rhianna, Beyonce, Drake did a promotional Like Garth did, there would be no problems.

I hope this is a wake up call to Garth, I hope his people go to talkshop live people and go Ballistic it them behind the scenes.

No amount of saying "The amount of people, surprised us" can make this acceptable.

He's not a little artist, hes not someone selling unique little products in low volume, it's Garth, he should
    be embarrassed by this.

Again its sad because it's looks worth buying, a class product.

Yep, totally glad I decided to skip this offer. Like others, if the bonus tracks end up being worthwhile, I'll just buy in store. The number gimmick isn't worth all this. Happy for those who got what they wanted though!

Garth's latest tweet from 10 mins ago:

"For those that experienced delay in purchasing #GARTHonVINYL, we were informed TSL apologizes and has upped their processing speed. Now you can order your Legacy Collection with ease here https://bit.ly/2NBoVYY . Thanks for being patient. - Team Garth"

I just tried it from my e-mail and was done in five minutes. Got my date also. From talking to friends they are all buying a copy. I am curious how many will sell and if they will release numbers. I wonder if people are really buying 2 or 3 copies. So from what I heard the cds are in a bonus pack and their is a poster?

Hats off to Bryan, he's taken full responsibility on Twitter.

Got one last night when the speed picked up. Got my date as well. Disappointed that I wasn't allowed to pick it as ddmmyy but it was the American way of doing dates. I'd kill him if he allows another opportunity to pick dates and it goes into the 2 hundred thousands. Really wanted 200114 because 20/01/14 is the day I met him. But guess 012014 is also a pretty cool number as well.

uh, I accidetally ended up ordering 9

So I will be offering them to you guys when the time comes for the same price I paid + shipping. Got some cool dates too like 001993 (year IP was released) 001995 (year FH was released) 001996 (year 2nd world tour started) 01998 (year it ended) 001000, and 007000

I NEED to NEVER get on the interwebs drunk again with a credit card

Quote Originally Posted by AronP24 View Post
    uh, I accidetally ended up ordering 9

So I will be offering them to you guys when the time comes for the same price I paid + shipping. Got some cool dates too like 001993 (year IP was released) 001995 (year FH was released) 001996 (year 2nd world tour started) 01998 (year it ended) 001000, and 007000

I NEED to NEVER get on the interwebs drunk again with a credit card
    Ok, this has me concerned since I got so close to checking out several times. Did you get a confirmation e-mail for all of them?

100 dollars was a steal for what you got last night. I wasn't going to but then I couldn't make up my mind between analogue or digital remastered. If he adds more songs in future to the same vinyls, like he does with CDs, I'm done with all this. He should keep it the way it is.

Hmm- I have time to cancel my purchase- it's still a niche, it's still that, but.......

It will be interesting to have in my collection (and heck, I did pay about $600 or so between hotel, plane, ticket for ND, etc... ) so I guess $100 (well 103)

Couldn't get the date of my marriage (5-17-97)... ehh... ok.. couldn't pick a kids birthdate as I can't be the guy who chooses one kid over another...

chose the next most important date, the day I gave my life to Christ and accepted His sacrifice and grace and was saved..

what the heck- I can save up an extra $100 over the next few months

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    Ok, this has me concerned since I got so close to checking out several times. Did you get a confirmation e-mail for all of them?
    Sure did. All 9 of them
    /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by AronP24 View Post
    Sure did. All 9 of them
    /facepalm
    Na, get a hold of customer service, the site was atrocious. They know how slow it was, you should be able to get a refund on the ones you donít want.

And yes, I do realize buying it is a bit hypocritical.. in a way- I: still feel the same way about the set, but the realization of not being charged until October kinda swayed me to buy a collectible...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    And yes, I do realize buying it is a bit hypocritical.. in a way- I: still feel the same way about the set, but the realization of not being charged until October kinda swayed me to buy a collectible...
    Is it hypocritical? Maybe, maybe not. Regardless, I did the same thing. Ha!

I think we see this set the same. I bought it as basically a collector’s item and because I have purchased every Garth release I think. I will probably never play the vinyl, but it is cool to have. I don’t have a lot of hope the bonus tracks on the CDs will be anything we don’t already have. I’d like to be proven wrong.

In the end, the price was really good for what you get. Yes, the number is gimmicky, but I imagine my kids picking up the box some day, seeing that number, and thinking how cool it is that I have that number.

For me, I feel like I’m going in with eyes wide open. I know what it is and although there are things I don’t like about it (like randomly going out of order and not having GB and Ropin’ in the set) I still think that the value of getting all 3 boxes, 3 different Triple Live covers, maybe some cool bonus tracks and just being a Garth collector it makes it worth having.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    Is it hypocritical? Maybe, maybe not. Regardless, I did the same thing. Ha!

I think we see this set the same. I bought it as basically a collector’s item and because I have purchased every Garth release I think. I will probably never play the vinyl, but it is cool to have. I don’t have a lot of hope the bonus tracks on the CDs will be anything we don’t already have. I’d like to be proven wrong.

In the end, the price was really good for what you get. Yes, the number is gimmicky, but I imagine my kids picking up the box some day, seeing that number, and thinking how cool it is that I have that number.

For me, I feel like I’m going in with eyes wide open. I know what it is and although there are things I don’t like about it (like randomly going out of order and not having GB and Ropin’ in the set) I still think that the value of getting all 3 boxes, 3 different Triple Live covers, maybe some cool bonus tracks and just being a Garth collector it makes it worth having.
    In the end, Ryan... I agree completely.. I'll admit, I was getting drawn in while watching the video on the talkshow.live site- Garth's def. good at hype...

lol I def. won' be playing the vinyl- not anytime soon, as I'm not putting out the type of money a vinyl system would cost.. but as a collector- it'll be nice to have. besides- if you play it- theres still the chance of it scratching- and thus being damaged- New in Box will end up being more valuable IMO

(dang though- may have to open it depending on how CD's are packaged)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I think that Garth can only blame 'the bots' so much. In my opinion, I don't believe that 'the bots' are going to order a bunch of random numbers and wait for 8 months to get them in hopes that someone just happens to want the numbers that were picked. Just sounds made up to me.

On the bright side, 8 sleeps until the Stadium Tour starts!

[QUOTE=STLGarth;435764.... Just sounds made up to me. [/quote] this wouldn't surprise me if it was made up...

On the bright side, 8 sleeps until the Stadium Tour starts!
    lol- haven't heard 'sleeps' used by anyone else before like this

the new tour will bring new stories def.. the stage looks kinda cool from what the little video on talkshow was showing

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Garth's released a video today, explaining what went wrong with the system. Her polarized, then got technical, he said it was something to do with people ordering the
    lowest number possible and the system not handling it. He also said something that it was three times the amount that they thought they would sell (did i get that right)

So they have open up the second window, but it wont include shipping, so it will be $150.

Quite a gracious video from Garth, he did explain what happened.

At the end I think he was referencing (Talkshowlive) and he said he will stick with them for the rest
    of his life, no matter how many times they fail, because they're sweet people. he also said there
    will be a press thing to explain the numbers (how many sold?????) soon.

https://www.facebook.com/GarthBrooks...0145244157519/

What Garth said about the numbers causing the issue does make sense. I've seen similar things happen before at work. The website was probably querying the database looking for the lowest number. That query probably interfered with another person who was also querying the database for the lowest number. The two queries probably locked each other causing the slow down.

Regardless of what caused the issue, they should have fully tested this functionality out before releasing it to the public. They could have set up servers and simulated thousands of people trying to make a purchase at the same time.

I know people dont get it till November, but has anything come out, on what are the extra songs that are in triple live (The ones that weren't on the fanmix) Also
    what are the bonus songs on No Fences, In Pieces, The Chase and Fresh Horses???

+ Reply to Thread