+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ACM Artist of the Decade

ACM Artist of the Decade

So Garth is being picked for IHeart Artist of the Decade, but some of you are curious as to why he would be picked for that honor. Personally if it were to be televised, I don't plan to watch anyway because I cannot stand pop music like I can't stand bro-country. But seeing as how we're at the end of the decade, it's almost time for Academy of Country Music Awards to pick their Artist of the Decade and I can't really think of anybody to fit that bill other than maybe Carrie Underwood, Tim McGraw, Kenny Chesney or maybe even Brad Paisley. But even then my picks are pretty weak compared to Garth and Strait because other than being practically legends, they really haven't had a strong decade.

What do you guys think?

In the USA, the best country in the world
    As much as I love Garth's music and he's my all time favorite artist, he doesn't deserve any type of genuine consideration for an ACM Artist of the Decade Award. He was retired (cough cough) for almost 1/2 the decade. True, he's come back since 2014 and had a phenomenal tour, etc. But as a whole? not deserving... That being said, I also wouldn't know WHO should win justifiably this decade. Maybe Carrie Underwood...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    As much as I love Garth's music and he's my all time favorite artist, he doesn't deserve any type of genuine consideration for an ACM Artist of the Decade Award. He was retired (cough cough) for almost 1/2 the decade. True, he's come back since 2014 and had a phenomenal tour, etc. But as a whole? not deserving... That being said, I also wouldn't know WHO should win justifiably this decade. Maybe Carrie Underwood...
    Umm he was actually was awarded ACM Artist of the Decade in 1999 and he hadn't formally announced his retirement yet. Now IHeart I can understand, but again I don't plan to watch.

+ Reply to Thread