+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: So the grammys are on

  1. #1

    So the grammys are on

    And the commercials are on, so i walk out to make a nice cold
    drink, and i can sort of still hear the television but only vaguely,
    because Im in the other room, and i hear....

    COUNTRY MUSIC IS COMING TO NEW ZEALAND
    NASHVILLE'S BIGGEST AND BRIGHTEST

    THEN I HEAR IF TOMORROW NEVER COMES, i RUSH TO THE TV AND SEE....

    A JOHNNY CASH IMPERSONATOR, THEN A DOLLY IMPERSONATOR, THEN
    BACK TO THE GARTH IMPERSONATOR.

    A GROUP OF m******* F******* C***** B***** No Talented Bull s***** artists, who
    cant EVEN GET A JOB BEING THE OPENING ACT FOR THE DRUMMER FROM CONFERDATE MOTHER
    F****** RAILROAD.

    THAT WAS JUST PLAIN MEAN!!!!

    AND IM NOT GOING TO CALM DOWN

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,471
    so, you're mad at the local stations then.... ok-
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    so, you're mad at the local stations then.... ok-
    Mad at the promoters, they have a habit of saying they're bringing out someone big and dont.

    When shania was at her peak, they ran some ads, suggesting she was doing a concert here, when
    they announced it, it was actually Scotland's biggest shania tribute act.

    Also they did a promotion saying "Simpsons on stage" featuring the full voice cast of the simpsons, and
    it was just some Canadian dude who did all the voices. They have a history of stuff like here.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Mad at the promoters, they have a habit of saying they're bringing out someone big and dont.

    When shania was at her peak, they ran some ads, suggesting she was doing a concert here, when
    they announced it, it was actually Scotland's biggest shania tribute act.

    Also they did a promotion saying "Simpsons on stage" featuring the full voice cast of the simpsons, and
    it was just some Canadian dude who did all the voices. They have a history of stuff like here.
    Gotcha- well, other than the fact that such misrepresentation is well, cruddy....

    did you really expect that this time would be any different then, if they have a history of doing that with the people they are bringing in or (in this case) not bringing in?
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Gotcha- well, other than the fact that such misrepresentation is well, cruddy....

    did you really expect that this time would be any different then, if they have a history of doing that with the people they are bringing in or (in this case) not bringing in?
    Like I said I was out the room, I didnt know who the promotional company was until I came back into the room, and saw their logo in
    the corner of the screen.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,471
    Is it always the same promotional company that does this? surely there's some type of similarity in their production/presentation
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Is it always the same promotional company that does this? surely there's some type of similarity in their production/presentation
    Its the same company, they're very small here, they're based in a small town, and its run by a husband and wife.

    Judging by the webpage, they do a lot of tribute acts.

    Again I didnt see who the company was, until i rushed back into the room and saw their logo.

    The voice over I heard was a guy who does voice overs and commercials all the time here.

    We do have main promoters here, who bring out all the top acts, Eminem/Drake/Taylor Swift.

    This company though doesnt.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Mad at the promoters, they have a habit of saying they're bringing out someone big and dont.

    When shania was at her peak, they ran some ads, suggesting she was doing a concert here, when
    they announced it, it was actually Scotland's biggest shania tribute act.

    Also they did a promotion saying "Simpsons on stage" featuring the full voice cast of the simpsons, and
    it was just some Canadian dude who did all the voices. They have a history of stuff like here.
    If that happened here the promoter would get sued.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts